Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines.....

5 posters

Go down

Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines..... Empty Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines.....

Post  Man-of-War Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 pm

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/11/black-templar-rumors.html

via TastyTaste on Blood of Kittens
With all the rumors flying around about Dark Angels and the bogus ones concerning Orks, I find it amazing that no one has mentioned anything about one codex that is in need of the most love. Before I talk about that, I want to add to the chorus that Dark Angels are heading our way Jan or Feb.

Now back to why you are reading this in the first place, the Black Templars, well I got some news for you!
And sadly, you’re probably not going to like it.

Earlier this year I was told that Black Templars would be getting the White Dwarf treatment aka like Sisters of Battle. Then earlier this month Robin Cruddace teased everyone a little bit by not confirming or denying they would get folded into the next Space Marine codex.

So after doing a bit of investigating I want to confirm that Black Templars are still on track for the White Dwarf treatment by summer 2013 at the latest. Now I do have one caveat: it could very well mean they are getting an “update” not a White Dwarf codex, but all I am hearing is a two issue White Dwarf codex to bring them in-line with 6th edition.

More importantly what changes are we are looking at?

While detailed specifics are hard to come by this is what I got so far.
Vows are gone, but are now folded into specific Black Templar Warlord Traits and have changed dramatically. Unique characters including the Emperor’s Champion will get specific ones.
The Emperors Champion is not required taking.
“No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear” & “Righteous Zeal” are Crusader & Zealot with various conditions. Expect various additional rules to kick in when Black Templars start dying.
“Abhor the Witch” is staying
Neophytes have their own unit lead by an Initiate (flip of Fluff and rules here a bit, but makes sense)

Rumored to be gone.
“They Shall know no Fear” Zealot to fill the gap my guess.
“Tank Hunters”

That is all I have for now, this one is still a bit away so will be interesting to see if anything changes as we get closer.

............................................................................................

All things considering saying Dark Angels is January/February area.... Black Templars a White Dwarf update..... Might be a sad day for Black Templar players out there. I don't really care about the Dark Angels cause I know 6th edition was brought this way so everyone will fear the Deathwing. I do like the fluff in behind the black templars though and would be one of the two loyalists I'd be interested in doing. The other being wolves.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines..... Empty Re: Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines.....

Post  grots life Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

What you fail to mention is that these chapters are loyal to a false emperor.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines..... Empty Re: Rumors for upcoming loyalist marines.....

Post  Necron Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

False Emperor indeed Smile
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:12 am

I order exsterminatous on you all
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:18 am

The end of the Imperium 12/09/ ............... world after world to consume .....
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 am

grots life wrote:What you fail to mention is that these chapters are loyal to a false emperor.

Yeah that's what I meant by loyalists.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 am

Meh, I need more traitors anyway Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down