Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldar Guardian Jetbikes

4 posters

Go down

Eldar Guardian Jetbikes Empty Eldar Guardian Jetbikes

Post  AllmightyDM Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Steve pimped my 1850 list to include these guys, now I'm just wondering about points/configurations.

So I could take a small squad of 3 with a cannon for 76 points or add in a warlock on a bike with a flamer for another 55; a total of 131 points. Of course, I could just throw 3 more bikes with another cannon in there instead of the warlock for another +54 points, for a total of 152.

Or instead I could take a Pathfinder squad of 6 for 144, who all have that hits of 5 and 6 are ap 1, sniper pinning, rending on 6, stealth and shroud objective campers.

Thoughts?

My thoughts on it so far are DE don't have alot of good objective campers so Pathfinders were at the top of my list for that, freeing up my armor 6 wyches to go play tag with tanks until the street lights come on and its time to run to objectives. Plus sniper and pinning can be useful, but on the other hand the bikes are great capture/denial units and they can pack a weapon to deal with my biggest problem, tanks, but they are also BS 3.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Eldar Guardian Jetbikes Empty Re: Eldar Guardian Jetbikes

Post  Heretic Steve Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Refer to your pimping.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 am

This is a bit of a pricier option but to my mind when it comes to space elves, there is no better tarpit, objective holder than Wrathguard. 399 points and you get 10 toughness 6 models with 4 in every stat and AMAZING guns. Throw the warlock with conceal to improve the cover save, then if you really wanna go crazy attach a farseer. The look on opponent's faces when these guys trudge across the board then turn their hammer unit into putty is priceless. Necron players lament over the loss of their monoliths and you get to laugh at land raiders and nurgle bikers. Pricey, sure, but Worth every point!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:46 am

Loss of Monoliths ????????? Loss of Monoliths ?????? What do you mean .... I still have 4 !!!!!!!!
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down