Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IC Podcast Hobby Challenge 2013

Go down

IC Podcast Hobby Challenge 2013 Empty IC Podcast Hobby Challenge 2013

Post  grots life Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:10 pm

A new hobby challenge is starting up in January over on the IC Podcast page. I started listening to them about two months into the last challenge so I didn't participate, but this time, I'll be doing up a Tau army. I highly suggest looking into it and if you don't listen to the podcast already, you're really missing out on something great.

IC Podcast Hobby Challenge 2013

grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

IC Podcast Hobby Challenge 2013 Empty Re: IC Podcast Hobby Challenge 2013

Post  grots life Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 am

This is what I posted on the IC forums for my entry. I'll update my progress both there and here.

My Tau list is chosen to challenge my painting skills, not my list building skills. No units have any upgrades because I wanted to spend points on more models I can paint. I've always been a bit CDO about my armies. I prefer to have every available option and then make my list from that rather than make a list and model to fit it. So with that, here is my list.

HQ 380 points
Aun'Va w/2 honor guards
Commander Shadowsun

Elite 258 points
3 Stealth Suits
3 Crisis Battle Suits (one is Shas'vre)

Troops 484 points
12 Fire Warriors + Devilfish (Pulse Rifle)
12 Fire Warriors + Devilfish (Pulse Carbine)
12 Kroot

Heavy Support 290 points
Hammerhead Gunship (Ion Cannon but will also paint a Rail Gun turret)
Broadside Battle Suit
Sniper Drone Team

Fast Attack 433 points
4 Pathfinder + Devilfish
2 Piranha Light Skimmer
5 Vespid Stingwing (mine are metal, I may purchase Finecast ones before I start them.)

Total Points 1845

With the 1850 point limit, I was able to choose one of every unit available for the Tau with the exception of the Sky Ray and Ethereal, and the Sky Ray is really just a turret, so I don't count that and I have a nicely painted Ethereal already.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down