Forum Membership and Organization

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Membership and Organization

Post  AllmightyDM on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

This is just a small suggestion thread.

Add a discussion area for Mississippi Gulf Coast Gamers so we can get more activity on the boards and through that probably some cross over gaming.

Move the Wargames Disscussion areas for some of the games that have just a few posts into an Other Wargaming main topic.

I think we should have an active effort to get the other club to do some posting on our forums, they might want to try our stuff, we might want to try theirs.
AllmightyDM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Membership and Organization

Post  grots life on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 pm

What is this "other" club that you speak of?
grots life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm

MSGCG - Mississippi Gulf Coast Gamers is a contemporary wargaming, board game, ccg, and rpg tabletop group that has a montly meeting at the Gautier Convention Center. Hinkel set us up where we are running dual events at the venue. They come over alot and take pictures and ask questions about 40k and they have a concession stand setup with hotdogs, drinks, candy, and chips for cheap, its a pretty sweet arraingment.
AllmightyDM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I can re-org the forum thats no problem. What do you think some of the section should be?
AArdvark085
Admin

View user profile http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Here's what I would do for ease of use and to get rid of some of the reduncancy.

I'd merge the Vox Net with General discussion, meaning move Intro and Info into General. Close the SMG Pascagoula, Hattiesburg, Mobile, and Emerald Coast Wargamers sections, because the only purpose of location based sub forums is to schedule games and there is already a section for that.

I would create a new section for Other Wargaming and move Warhammer Fantasy, Flames of War, Heroclix, Battletech, and other gaming systems into it. I'd leave warmachine as is because its got a fair playerbase. This may require a thread move and then deletion of those topics. The reason is that there are very few posts in those areas and there have been months without anything posted in the fantasy area.

I'd create a new section on the main page for Mississippi Gulf Coast Game Discussions and leave it plain, sticky any topics that they find important. I'd also give someone from their community admin rights in that section.

Edit: It probably wouldn't hurt to give someone rights for the website calendar so that they can keep it posted with events. Its a great resource, but doesn't look like its being used.

AllmightyDM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm

I can look at the other stuff when I get home but the calander is broke. I dont remember how but I will figure why we couldnt use it and let you know. I think entries could only be made by the admins when a first start a thread. It wasn't worth the trouble.
AArdvark085
Admin

View user profile http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top