Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Scratch Built stuff! Image heavy, C&C welcome!

+2
Necron
fulange
6 posters

Go down

More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Empty More Scratch Built stuff! Image heavy, C&C welcome!

Post  fulange Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am

I decided to get a bit more ambitious with my builds. So I'm working on an IG army now, kind of a chimera spam list. This is my first attempt at a chimera scratch build out of cardboard:
Step 1:
More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Stage_10
I printed out the schematics and started cutting stuff out

Step 2:
More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Stage_11
Started the assembly with the track parts.

Step 3:
More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Stage_12
Got a few parts together now, really starting to get somewhere

Step 4:
More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Stage_13
I discovered that Elmer's Paper glue (the white stuff from 3rd grade... crude jokes aside) works really well. When it cures, its like a rock!

Step 5:
More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Stage_14
Took the time to do a little bit of detail work, i think its worth it, really finishes up the treads nicely. But to be honest, I just about went insane doing this tiny [stuff], they kept moving around! thats why they aren't straight. Next time, perhaps Ill try to figure out some way to align them...

Assembled:
More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Finish10
I still want to do some touches, and polish it up a bit. I plan to magnetize the turret (so i can swap from multi-lazer to hydra to devil dog ect), and I'll probably go with perminant markers for the pain job (again lol), but I dont yet know what paint scheme Im going with...

So whatchall think? any tips to improve?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Empty More Scratch Built stuff! Image heavy, C&C welcome!

Post  Necron Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 am

f....,

That is just great!!!! I would trade my GW one for your SB........... Good show.... I think this is one of the best parts of the hobby..... Don't forget the paint Smile

Really it is a wonderful job....... I am excited about playing against it .... you have a talent......

N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Empty Re: More Scratch Built stuff! Image heavy, C&C welcome!

Post  Man-of-War Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Looks freakin awesome
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Empty Re: More Scratch Built stuff! Image heavy, C&C welcome!

Post  grots life Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:19 pm

From an Ork perspective, it'll never work unless you paint it red.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I have actually been working on that... although I have learned that its best to pain before i assemble...

More Scratch Built stuff!  Image heavy, C&C welcome! Paint_10

but i figured a touch of red wasnt a bad idea, here is my rough draft...
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Very cool! I have some patterns I've been wanting to try. There's a sign shop in gulfport that sells the plastic sheets 4x6 for 25 dollars. In different thinknesses Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 am

That’s really cool. Keep it coming.
Bill
Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down