Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall

5 posters

Go down

Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall Empty Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall

Post  AllmightyDM Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am

Just wanted to put a plug in here for Greg who I have met recently. His gaming store was comfortable, not to noisy, had inexpensive snacks, plenty of room, and he was kind enough to let us use the store maps and minis so it was alot less stuff to have to haul around for me. I had several people walk up and sit down to play the Pathfinder adventure I am running. There was alot of activity in the store with at least 3 rpg tables running at the same time. He gave a shout out to South Mississippi Gamers and offered me a Tshirt. I've gone in there on several occasions to sample the free to play board game wall he has, which is stocked really well with great games like Settlers of Catan, Game of Thrones, and tons of zombie games I want to give a try. I saw a few of my old favorities like the Are you a Werewolf Party game and Order of the Stick (deluxe edition). Really nice guy, great place to game!
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall Empty Re: Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall

Post  Hinkel Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:24 am

Good job Brandon, and good networking there for the club. This will help out RPG group grow, next time I am off I will come up there with you as we'll and get a game in. Keep up the good work
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall Empty Re: Mac Narb's Gaming Store in Gautier Mall

Post  AllmightyDM Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:29 am

I will say that one of the young players didn't have any dice, so he went up to the counter and started holding up dice containers, saying "Sir, this one?" lol. Kind of funny to me, but he did find a full set of dice for $5 or something like that, which is really good. Anyways, his dice prices were really good, definitely a family friendly atmosphere.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Every time I go with my girls to the singing river mall I stop by Mac Narb's...  They always let my two girls play the xbox for a few minutes while i look around.  I try whenever i can to toss business his way, but I heard a disturbing rumor lately:

I heard (bearing in mind the possibility of being just scuttlebutt) that the singing river mall gave a 30 day eviction notice to all the stores in the mall because they will be closing soon after that.  Sucks to lose a good gaming store so early in its life, I hope that they can find a good place to which they might relocate.
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:18 pm

When i read the news article on the mall closing, i read that he will be moving across 90 until the mall is done, so he isn't disappearing
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah Greg told me he's using an old freds store across the way there to become his newer store. There are plenty of new people there that want to play warmahordes too.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:12 am

Just wanted to add in that we have had our second Pathfinder game and there is enough traffic in the store where you can just sit down and game. The last two times I've had 0 rsvps on the site, but still had 6+ players sit down throughout the afternoon.

For Dms and Players, Greg has a large stock of battle maps, figures, books, and dice most of which can be used on loan. But I will say his prices are some of the best I have seen including online since he's been such a great host go check out his stuff, lol. I'm actually about to have to buy another corebook because mine has seen better days. Anyways, rant over.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down