Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMG Warhammer 40k Tuesday meetups @ maCnarB Gaming - May/June 2014

+7
Trevor W.
Pooka
Hinkel
Whitt
Despoiler
Dat Guy da Knight'boss
Chaos Pat
11 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

SMG Warhammer 40k Tuesday meetups @ maCnarB Gaming - May/June 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: SMG Warhammer 40k Tuesday meetups @ maCnarB Gaming - May/June 2014

Post  Despoiler Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Ill probably be there.
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

SMG Warhammer 40k Tuesday meetups @ maCnarB Gaming - May/June 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: SMG Warhammer 40k Tuesday meetups @ maCnarB Gaming - May/June 2014

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:01 pm

TauMongoose wrote:Wow, I thought we said 250 or 500, 0-1 elite, 0-2 troop, 0-1 fast attack, and no vehicle over AV33?

Changed or forgot?

no such restrictions were brought to my attention, neither were the points costs, you and trevor only suggested that we do a team game using the entire 8ft table this tuesday instead of free play as we have been doing.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:04 pm

:-D

it was all in the same conversation, we only talked about it once on saturday.

whatever people want to do, but i would like to know ahead of time so i can make a list before work tomorrow
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor W. Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm

I'll be there and I'll bring my Dark Angels and my Guard. Either way we do this it will be fun. I kinda like the no HQ and no Heavy just because every skirmish doesn't have to involve chapter masters and Deamon princes you know. Points wise I'm good with whatever. I don't think my brother will be there but Tim might show up.
Trevor W.
Trevor W.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor W. Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm being held up at work for a while. I will be there just a little late.
Trevor W.
Trevor W.

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Wait for u? We have 4 so far
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor W. Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:21 pm

My brother is coming with me. If you guys want to start y'all can. Mine and his stuff could just come in like reserves if y'all want. By the way what's the points amount? Lol
Trevor W.
Trevor W.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor W. Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Oh! And Tim will not be showing up.
Trevor W.
Trevor W.

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm

500. We'll be waiting on u guys, set up as far as we can though
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor W. Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm really sorry about this guys. This wasn't supposed to happen.
Trevor W.
Trevor W.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm

posting up early since we are doing a goofy scenario. Tuesday the 25th we will be doing a team games once again and the scenario is as follows:

500pts
1-2 hq
1-6 troops
0-3 elites
0-3 heavy
0-3 fast attack

Mission:
both teams will have a super heavy that starts in the middle of the board, the catch is that it can not move, shoot, assault or do anything else voluntarily.

imperial players at the end of each of your turns, if your team has the only models within 3'' of your super heavy roll a d6, on a 2+ you have successfully powered it on, and at the beginning of your next turn the titan is now under your teams control and has full hull points, but any void shields/power fields it has count as being destroyed and must be repaired as per the normal rules. Note that the enemy team may shoot/assault the titan during their turn, since you activated it at the end of your turn.

Chaos players will not place a titan in the middle of the board, but will instead place a sacrificial alter in its place. At the end of any phase in which the chaos player has a hq choice in base contact with the alter, roll a d6, on a 2+ remove the hq from play, and place a daemon lord in the place of the hq that was sacrificed, note that this counts as the daemon lord deepstriking so it may not move or assault for the rest of the chaos turn, in addition it also may not shoot. This daemon lord may also be shot/assaulted by the enemy team during their turn, since it was summoned on your turn.

Victory conditions:
bloodied, slay the warlord, linebreaker
at the end of the game the team with the last remaining super heavy gains 5vps, if both teams still have super heavies then both teams gain 2vps, if both have been destroyed then no teams get vps.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 pm

ok, so both of the major objectives are in the center of the playing field.

Imperium players need to ensure NO enemy models are within 3" of theirs in order to have a chance at activating their super heavy.

Chaos players need to just get to the alter to have a chance at activating their demon lord.

can i be on the chaos side? ;-)
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 pm

TauMongoose wrote:ok, so both of the major objectives are in the center of the playing field.

Imperium players need to ensure NO enemy models are within 3" of theirs in order to have a chance at activating their super heavy.

Chaos players need to just get to the alter to have a chance at activating their demon lord.

yes, thats what it says, you have a firm grasp of the obvious. I have to sacrifice a 150-300pt model, and give you a point for slay the warlord to get my superheavy, you on the other hand just have to kill my stuff and end your turn next to yours.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:13 pm

having a firm grasp of what people talk about is a specialty some people seem not to have :-D and benefit others who listen/read that might miss important details. don't knock it until u try it. anywho:

so ur giving a victory point for an attempt at it vs having to kill everything around it. ok

i'm pretty sure u can get cheaper HQs then 150pts ;-) exaggeration doesn't help anyone.

that said, i think i'd still join chaos on this one, EVEN WITH a level playing field
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:21 pm

TauMongoose wrote:having a firm grasp of what people talk about is a specialty some people seem not to have :-D and benefit others who listen/read that might miss important details. don't knock it until u try it. anywho:

so ur giving a victory point for an attempt at it vs having to kill everything around it. ok

i'm pretty sure u can get cheaper HQs then 150pts ;-) exaggeration doesn't help anyone.

that said, i think i'd still join chaos on this one, EVEN WITH a level playing field

sure absolute stock models that have no upgrades and who suck at everything cost less than 150pts, but to have a halfway decent hq costs upwards of 150 points. But anywho no you can not be on the chaos side because you do not play chaos, you play communist tau, which belong with the fascist imperials, dont question why they are battle brothers.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 pm

smh. sucky HQs ARE great at one thing. being sacrificed for cheap. also, did i not say that i am not declaring what army i will be playing in this, specifically "don't count on me playing tau in these games" and ur response was along the lines of "i don't care what army u play, it doesn't matter to me"?

yay chaos side, cuz we're spontaneous and all chaotic-y
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:38 pm

would a CSM Sorceror with Disc of Tzeentch not be a decent, fast, and cheap HQ? that's well under 150, and takes only the first turn to get to the center of the table and activate the alter?

man that CSM codex sucks alot :-D :-D :-D
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:38 pm

TauMongoose wrote:smh. sucky HQs ARE great at one thing. being sacrificed for cheap. also, did i not say that i am not declaring what army i will be playing in this, specifically "don't count on me playing tau in these games" and ur response was along the lines of "i don't care what army u play, it doesn't matter to me"?

yay chaos side, cuz we're spontaneous and all chaotic-y

YOU. ARE. NOT. A CHAOS PLAYER. But since you are so obsessed over chaos being overpowered and unbalanced in this scenario, ill let you be on the chaos side, just so that way when the imperial warhound titan kills the daemon lord in one round of shooting you will understand why the rules are the way they are.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 pm

i'm not imperium either ;-)
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:55 pm

u wouldn't mind if i used ur Chaos Tau proxy models u've been using, so u get to use Tau rules as a Chaos player, would u?

and no, i am completely messing with u dude. chill, and just hear out a member of your group who is giving you an opinion on what you are about to host. you do not need to get upset at a critique
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:03 pm

TauMongoose wrote:u wouldn't mind if i used ur Chaos Tau proxy models u've been using, so u get to use Tau rules as a Chaos player, would u?

and no, i am completely messing with u dude. chill, and just hear out a member of your group who is giving you an opinion on what you are about to host. you do not need to get upset at a critique

critique i dont mind, if its helpful, if you had say suggested a alternative to the sacrificial alter it would have been all good, but all you did was say chaos had a advantage from the get go.
As for the tau you will be happy to know that they have been dismantled because i find their play style boring, so im back to having only mah chaos marines
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Chaos Pat wrote:
TauMongoose wrote:ok, so both of the major objectives are in the center of the playing field.

yes, thats what it says, you have a firm grasp of the obvious.

and you knew they had an advantage? I didn't even say i wanted it to change.

is a critique not strictly an observation on a subject? i missed how that isn't exactly what i posted?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:20 pm

TauMongoose wrote:
Chaos Pat wrote:

yes, thats what it says, you have a firm grasp of the obvious.

and you knew they had an advantage? I didn't even say i wanted it to change.

is a critique not strictly an observation on a subject? i missed how that isn't exactly what i posted?

yes i knew that if both super heavies were of equal power level chaos would have a advantage, but because the imperial super heavy is leaps and bounds better than the chaos one it balances out. But im done with this discussion because honestly it has diluted from critique to something else entirely, so to avoid the original mission for tuesday being buried by our discussion i end it here.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:43 pm

U end what? Anyone posting a comment on Tuesday's mission? To avoid it being "buried"? I got this:

Chaos Pat wrote:posting up early since we are doing a goofy scenario. Tuesday the 25th we will be doing a
team games once again and the scenario is as follows:

500pts
1-2 hq
1-6 troops
0-3 elites
0-3 heavy
0-3 fast attack

Mission:
both teams will have a super heavy that starts in the middle of the board, the catch is that it can not move, shoot, assault or do anything else voluntarily.

imperial players at the end of each of your turns, if your team has the only models within 3'' of your super heavy roll a d6, on a 2+ you have successfully powered it on, and at the beginning of your next turn the titan is now under your teams control and has full hull points, but any void shields/power fields it has count as being destroyed and must be repaired as per the normal rules. Note that the enemy team may shoot/assault the titan during their turn, since you activated it at the end of your turn.

Chaos players will not place a titan in the middle of the board, but will instead place a sacrificial alter in its place. At the end of any phase in which the chaos player has a hq choice in base contact with the alter, roll a d6, on a 2+ remove the hq from play, and place a daemon lord in the place of the hq that was sacrificed, note that this counts as the daemon lord deepstriking so it may not move or assault for the rest of the chaos turn, in addition it also may not shoot. This daemon lord may also be shot/assaulted by the enemy team during their turn, since it was summoned on your turn.

Victory conditions:
bloodied, slay the warlord, linebreaker
at the end of the game the team with the last remaining super heavy gains 5vps, if both teams still have super heavies then both teams gain 2vps, if both have been destroyed then no teams get vps.

My suggestion, as opposed to a critique, please eliminate the chance for a super heavy, or spontaneous/chaotic-y demon lords exploding from bodies until at least turn 3. Put some sort of bubble (doesn't have to be as big) on the alter in order to prevent the "I got first turn so u all r SOL".

This way, people get a chance to actually play their list, and even come in from reserves, and not be concerned about the big cool model blowing them up in the center of the board.

This is a suggestion, not a critique. I hope u will not mind this as much as the critique :-)

PS: Rawr/ this ends here endRawr/
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:54 pm

I will be there, most likely, and representing for the Chaos side.

Welcome back to Chaos, Pat. Because Xenos and Imperial is dumb.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next