Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility?

3 posters

Go down

Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility? Empty Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility?

Post  Dat Guy da Knight'boss Mon May 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Greetings all.

As I've been preparing for the MobiCon tournament, I've come across as roadblock. I've 7 points to choose a warjack and am stuck between a Juggernaut and a Marauder.

They are basically identical save their weapons / special attacks.

Juggernaut:
Ice axe - high P+S, critical freeze
Open fist - good P+S, open fist

Marauder:
Ram piston - good P+S
Ram piston - good P+S
Combo smite - special attack, great P+S, slams target 1d6 away

The chance for critical freeze and the option for open fist power attacks vs. two solid attacks and the option for a single, powerful attack that also slams the target...

Currently, I'm leaning towards the Marauder.

Which would you run?
Dat Guy da Knight'boss
Dat Guy da Knight'boss

Back to top Go down

Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility? Empty Re: Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility?

Post  Chaos Pat Mon May 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Marauder, because in my experience the versatility that something offers is never worth the trade off that a specialized unit has.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility? Empty Re: Khador Warjack Selection: damage output vs utility?

Post  WVLopp Wed May 21, 2014 6:11 am

[quote="Kuro Sogekihei"]Greetings all.

As I've been preparing for the MobiCon tournament, I've come across as roadblock.  I've 7 points to choose a warjack and am stuck between a Juggernaut and a Marauder.  

They are basically identical save their weapons / special attacks.  

Juggernaut:
Ice axe - high P+S, critical freeze
Open fist - good P+S, open fist

Marauder:
Ram piston - good P+S
Ram piston - good P+S
Combo smite - special attack, great P+S, slams target 1d6 away

The chance for critical freeze and the option for open fist power attacks vs. two solid attacks and the option for a single, powerful attack that also slams the target...

Currently, I'm leaning towards the Marauder.

Which would you run?[/quote

If my thoughts are not too late, here they are. I think the marauder would be the better choice. You are more likely to get the two hits off to activate the combo smite (which turns into a free additional attack). Then getting the crit off.

Shawn from the hills of West "by God" Virginia

WVLopp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down