mob rules discussion[orky way of saying]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mob rules discussion[orky way of saying]

Post  mouser04 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:12 am

ok now the question i had been waiting to say MOB RULES

i had played bout ten games so far, but to no success with the mob rules, either my squads running or killing themselves

25% casualty is very horendous when u have ld 7 and 6 plus saves
role on the chart you gonna have the characters dying [that nobs or independent] or squad losing boys
seem like they want me tp play horde ,because you have to have 30 boys to lose 8 before running, as to 15 lose 4 boy [yup 15] your running
20 same way lose little running
have 10 men is useless as a baseball not being use unless u have 4+ upgrade saves

no dont ask if we have anyway to get fearless nope we dont unless you use the [relic da big bosspole from thrakka supplement]

like to see if anyone can clarify how the mob rules work cause im confuse with it, and 25 % casualty dont tell me squat ,and need to know how many to lose before i need to roll for leadership[30 boy how mny boy do u lose/15 same/20 same /10 i know 3 u role fore it old mob rule better

i played yesterday i had to quit cause it was overwhelming to role so many leadership especially on ld7
psychic phase 15 men lost 4 rolled /shooting phase lost 3 more rolled again/assualt phase lose sum more. i got tire of it. I just got fed up scoopd all my squad and army and went home
SAID I QUIT PLAYING ARMY IF I GOT TO ROLL OVER 10 TIME A PHASE[thats including each squads in the army in each phase
mouser04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: mob rules discussion[orky way of saying]

Post  CKO on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:01 pm

The easiest way to do it is count how many orks you have and divide that number by 4 using your cell phone or calculator. If that many orks die during any phase you have to take a morale test. So if you have 15 lootas you divide that by 4 which is 3.75 which means if you lose 4 orks you take a test. If you failed the test you roll on the chart.

1.If your in cc you are fine it counts as if you passed, if your not in cc than you fall back.
2-3.Your characters in the unit takes d6 str 4 hits than you pass, if you have no characters you fail your test.
3-4.If in cc with 10 or more orks you take d6 str 4 hits than pass, if you have less than 10 you just fail.

I know it is frustrating because ork players went from not taking morale checks to taking morale checks with a different penalty.While other armies just fall back you roll on a chart and most likely take d6 str 4 hits. It is not all that bad if you can remember how fearless worked in the past where if you lost by 6 you had to take 6 saves, well they sort of brought that back but its not as bad.

D6 str 4 hits is not that dangerous when you have toughness 4, stats wise the worst should be 3 saves for a failed morale test. You just have to learn that chart and remember to divide by 4 and the worst that can happen is 3 saves.

If you decide you dont like them anymore I will buy your orks but, I am playing 40k on a regular basis again so ask away if you have some more questions.
CKO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Basically thats GW saying "get dem boyz'n Kombat!!"

Despoiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Despoiler wrote:Basically thats GW saying "get dem boyz'n Kombat!!"

totally agree there, get there fast and hit them with a choppa
Hinkel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 pm

I heard that the jump infantry are reaally fast, but i have yet to delve into the book deeply
Despoiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

okay wew fixed now

Post  mouser04 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:52 am

ok thx for telling gino other night bout how it works
oh i have 28 stormboys being painted as we speak[well texting lol]
yes instead of 1d6 it is now 2d6 furious charge to boot
mouser04

View user profile

Back to top Go down