Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big club Apocalypse game recap

4 posters

Go down

Big club Apocalypse game recap Empty Re: Big club Apocalypse game recap

Post  CKO Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:51 pm

I am breaking the ice Shocked , I dont think the apoc game was very successful especially considering that the apoc game did not end well and I was one of several that didnt return for the second day. We must talk about it, because if we do not, bad stuff start happening such as developing groups or posse inside a group. I dont know what happen but I know that the game did not end because of rule disputes. Sad I think out of the whole group I get in the most rule disputes its not a bad thing but it is definetly something I need to work on(I owe someone an apology and explanation). We can improve the event for next time but we have to talk about it.

I think that next time there should be 4 players on each team with 5000 points each, for a grand total of 20,000 points per team. Also there should be someone who is just the judge to handle disputes. Each player is allowed 1 flyer and 1 super heavy, that way each side has the same number of omg-ness(if that is a word) on the field. Also if you think there wasnt enough tables give Karl $10 so he can make more tables, I thought that it was rude to complain about tables and space.

I know I am not the only person that has something to say so speak up.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Big club Apocalypse game recap Empty Big club Apocalypse game recap

Post  grots life Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm

The Apocalypse game over the weekend was everything I thought it would be and more. I agree with most people, it probably had about 60,000 points too many, but what the heck, now we know what 100K in figures spread out on a massive table looks like. I've also learned that the Imperium fears my grot tanks. They may have had a few weapons knocked off, but they were on the field from the first shot to the bitter end! My gripes about the whole thing are mostly aimed at myself. I would have liked to have organized my paperwork better. I spent a lot of my turn time flipping through the stack of papers that were my army. Next time, I will have a single sheet listing what each unit/formation will do each turn (assuming they are still alive) and keep better track of what has moved and fired. We also need to enforce a mandatory lunch time and step away from the game for an hour or so. Having a dedicated judge is a great idea. There were a few spirited debates about rules, but I never thought any of them go out of hand. Here's what I liked about it:

-Air conditioning! I think we're all on the same page with this one.
-The game made me finish building a ton of incomplete models and I scratch built a few more.
-I got to see Carl's hobby bench. I'm jealous.
-The sheer epicness of it all. Just looking at all those models was great. Even the ones that kicked my orks rear ends.
-Pulsa Rokkits! Who knew how awesome they would be?
-The tables. I liked the brown felt. The only drawback was not being able to reach the center, but putting them out lengthwise next time will fix that.
-Titan explosions! They go boom in a big, entertaining way.

Overall, the game in my mind was a huge success. We all got to get together, hang out, push our little plastic army men around, BS and have a good time. That, to me, is what the hobby is all about.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 am

I'll agree with you. It was a learning experience for a lot of us. However, we did stick around and talk about how to make it better next time including fewer players per side, judges, different points values, and army composition. Next time will be better.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:18 pm

I think we should do 4 player 5000 pt teams for total of 20000 per side, each team should have an objective and each player should have a secret objective, spice it up a notch. As far as 1 flyer or one super heavy goes i dont think its necessary.

There was too much going on, units didn't get to move and or shoot. Or even assault, and that makes a difference. Also it really needs to be in turn order as far as teams go, i didnt know everyone and didnt want to make a bad impression or anything but i got skipped a lot. Mostly because i didnt speake up but i noticed it happen to others too.

All and all i had a blast it was fun hanging with u guys! Smile and those cookies were godly! I swear that thwy had crack in them lol i keed! But i hope to do it again and see how it goes after the learning experience we all had.
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Well put good sir!
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Big club Apocalypse game recap Empty Club Apocalypse Game Feedback

Post  thecapn226 Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Yes, I think we all can agree that Bruce's wife's cookies were the MVP of the weekend Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down