Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of your hobby

+8
mouser04
EmeraldWolf
Uktena
andyvan
thecapn226
Man-of-War
Orikl
grots life
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

State of your hobby - Page 2 Empty Re: State of your hobby

Post  grots life Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 pm

It seems that a new edition of 40K brought a lot of burn out with it. I'm patiently waiting for the new boxed set to come out so I can get a copy of the rules. Today, I boxed up a rather sizable Ork Army and prepared to ship them over to Sri Lanka to be painted. The last thing I had to do was assemble Snikrot. He went together with no problems aside from one arm not setting right the first time, so I had to break the arm off and re-epoxy it. Why am I sending my models halfway around the globe to be painted? 1. I hate, hate, hate painting. I'd rather mow the lawn with my teeth than sit for more than 5 minutes painting. 2. I want them finished before the end of the decade. Yes, there are adequate painters around here who charge about the same price, but I'm looking at having over 150 Orks painted, and there's no way one person can do that many models before 7th edition is released and not go completely insane.

I have also been working on storage for all my mini's. A KR Multicase 800 has been added to the collection and I love it. However, their webpage sucks the big one and I managed to order the wrong foam for one cardcase. Upon further investigation, KR does not even offer what I am looking for, but Battlefoam does, so it's looking like I'll be going with them for some of my troops. Maybe I can cut down the Battlefoam to fit inside the KR Cardcase. On the cheapskate side, my super low budget storage system has been improved. I'm working on doing a little writeup of that with photo's that I'll post here when it's done.

Beyond that, I'm hoping to start paramedic school next week, so I expect my hobby time to become almost non-existent.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am

My Orks have arrived in Sri Lanka. If all goes well, they'll be home in early October. My Dark Vengence box is due to arrive today (Sept. 4) and I'll finally see the new rules. Orks will be my army of choice in the new edition, but I'll be filling out my Chaos and Tau armies as well. As soon as I get my Orks back, I'll be spending more time at JAKs.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

State of your hobby - Page 2 Empty . Re: State of your hobby

Post  Necron Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 am

Great Stuff ,
Well things are looking up for u Grott ...Smile.... I will be looking forward to seeing those Orks. I have settled on my Nids list for 6th Ed. All painted and play tested through a Fairhope and 2 Jaks Tourneys ..... In the box ready to go.

Have been building on my Necron List and think I have the last mod. I played the spoiler in the last Jaks tourney and maybe with the latest tweek I will have fornd my 6th Ed Necron List. I always enjoy our games and it has been some time since we played. Heck I haven't even seen the new car !!!!

The real point of this post is while orks and chaos are building ....... The undead lie waiting in the case to meet the Empire !!!! We still have to pick up that Fantasy game....... Did I tell you I have a Warrior Priest on a Flying Magic Carpet !!~ Look out stone throwers ……. Any way to satisfy my need for regimental warfare I had to take up an new game system “Fields of Glory.” Actually I have played for several years just now I have my own army. Playing with some fast friends and regional acquaintances. I am having a great time. It is a blast. Even making custom army boxes. My new little cottage industry to support my gaming habit…….

So if you can how are you situated for a game next weekend??????

And to round out the status of the hobby posting……… After the Necrons are fixed in the bag and I can play the Undead, I plan on filling out my Ultramanines. I am planning on reworking a 3rd Co list painting up and sprucing up the lot of them. My thing is that I plan on using Old Stuff ………. Nothing newer than MkVI Corvus Power Armor. I’ll be OK with everything except my Storms. I do love them but they are newer than VI. I guess that will be oK as I plan on running Mohawk Scouts … what fun.

Anyway, enjoyed the update and plan… It gave me the opportunity to think mine through… looking forward to our game ….

N
Dan Sr.
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2