Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm stepping up to the line

4 posters

Go down

I'm stepping up to the line Empty I'm stepping up to the line

Post  thecapn226 Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:57 pm

So in my 40k career I am currently standing at a line. On one side of the line I see patrick, who plays lists that are creative and fun and competative and on the other side I see a dark eldar player who plays to destroy all before him in the sake of winning. To be honest, I like the point I'm at. I enjoy my grey knights. Fluff, painting, rules, I honestly enjoy them. However, I would prefer to solidify my standing. My goal is to make a list that will look great on the table, play in competative enviroments, and can focus on learning tactics with. Currently, my proposed list is this:

Crowe

Inq, hammerhand, power armor, psykotroke grenades

6 crusaders, 4 death cult assassins

3x 5 purifiers, 2 psycannons, hammer, 2 halberds

2x 6 purifiers, 2 incinerators, hammer, 3 halberds

5x Psybacks with searchlights

Storm Raven with AC and MM

3x Psyrifle dreads

2000pts exactly

Inq and henchmen go in storm raven to hit things that need to die, and hopefully with only having 4 assassins I can stay in combat after the charge until the next turn to keep my guys safe. Any tips from the guys that have been to top tier tournys would be appreicated, as would all C&C from you guys.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

I'm stepping up to the line Empty Re: I'm stepping up to the line

Post  Man-of-War Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Up at your comment on the top about dark eldar.... We can't help it man. It's who we are to fight unfairly because we have no staying power when compaired to other races. I mean even our craftworld cousins have alot more in the armored vehicle department than us. One mistake with our race and that's the end of us in a game my friend we are wiped off the board, but unlike other more competitive dark eldar players I run Vect cause I like him. So I am one of the play for fun players out there, but try to be competitive also. So I know where your coming from on fielding what you like and respect that.

About your list you have there. It looks solid to me. I wouldn't really change anything in it. The purifiers are the anti-horde unit with that ability they have. Anti-infantry is built in with power weapons plus you'll have speed with I6 of the halberds. The psyrifle dreads for support. Transports for more manuverability. You covered all bases. Plus as you said you like it and that's what matters most in my opinion. Plus your an excellent general man. I've played against you in a tournament a time or two so I know from experience...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Lol, I wasn't referring to you. It was an inside joke for some of the guys that know my 'arch-enemy' so to speak. No offense intended, honestly wasn't my intention.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

I'm stepping up to the line Empty weee haaah

Post  mouser04 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 pm

i know the feeling.I like to play 4 fun with lil competitive feel to it.
Not to play to win to all means[as in winning is everything and always a must. if u get to that point, u lose site at what the game is all bout] ----fun fun fun fun funnnnnyy fun Shocked Smile Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil What a Face lol! dang like to play my dark eldar got to play em to learn the strength of them
dab nabit said i wasnt gonna play orks again but some how im alway goin back to em
LIKE THE LIST OOOPS caps again
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I wasn't taking offense to it man... I was just speaking for us dark eldar players out there lol. I like making people laugh so I had to jump in on that opportunity. I apologize for coming off as offended.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 am

I like your oppinion on what my lists are like but as for the list above i think its more or less a breath of fresh are from what you normally play.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 am

The list is mainly due to the fact that I have a LR crusader and a storm raven staring me down. And I like the list with the SR. I'll probably make a 'whoosh' sound when it comes in. Lol
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down