Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annihilation force cleared for deployment.

+2
grots life
Chaos Pat
6 posters

Go down

Annihilation force cleared for deployment. Empty Annihilation force cleared for deployment.

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:55 am

Alright as some of you may remember I used a terminator list a few months ago and had moderately good success with even thow I was using the chaos space marine codex so after some encouragement from the voice in my head I have decided to remake this list using the loganwing rules so let me know what you guys think.

warsmith forrix(logan grimnar) 275

crozius(wolf priest 1) 100
wolf tooth necklace
wolf tail talismam
beastslayer saga
total 125

mathias(wolf priest 2) 100
wolf tooth necklace
wolf tail talisman
warriorborn saga
total 150

wolf guard terminators 10x 330
combi-melta
power fists 4x
chainfist
assault cannons 2x
total 450

combi-melta
power fists 4x
chainfist
assault cannons 2x
total 450

combi-melta
power fists 4x
chainfist
heavy flamers 2x
total 400

thunderwolf #1 50
power weapon
melta bombs
total 70

thunder wolf #2 50
frost blade
melta bombs
total 80

2000 points on the dot.
the wolf priests run with the squads with assault cannons and the warsmith runs with the heavy flamer guys while the thunderwolfs presuming they go unnoticed because of the terminators flank the enemy and kill units that prove to be to fast for the terminators all advice besides taking out terminators is welcome.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Annihilation force cleared for deployment. Empty Re: Annihilation force cleared for deployment.

Post  grots life Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:04 am

Is there anything slower than terminators?
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Annihilation force cleared for deployment. Empty Re: Annihilation force cleared for deployment.

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:26 am

Obliterators
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 am

Well as you know I've ran a list close to this before without running thunderwolf calvalry in it. Personally I'd take the thunderwolves out for Lone wolf termies with chainfist/stormshield. Alot of people underestimate their eternal warrior, feel no pain, fearless, and the ability to rerolls against anything with toughness 5 or more and walkers. Your opponent won't be able to ignore them and when they hit anything it will dye. Also I'd take out 1 wolf priest for a rune priest because there is nothing like negating psykers powers on 4+. Plus their ability of murderous hurricane is awesome vs hordes or other infantry, Living lightning is unlimited range, and jaws will work really well against necrons and anything low initative like that like some tyranid creatures. I like the assault cannons over the Cyclone missiles, but some games with assault cannons I've seen myself outranged by the enemy.... Overall it's a good list though.
But that's my experience with the loganwing that I've ran for a while.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 pm

necrons are slower than terminators.

I cannot take obliterators as it is using the space wolves codex which does not have obliterators(thank god).

thanks for the advice and the only reason I didnt take lone wolves was because I have some cool chaos lord on steed conversions that never see the tabletop so I just had to use them.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Space wolves codex use without long fangs........too unseen.......to fluffy...... Ahhhhhh.
'pop' no more head

But list looks solid. Play test play test play test
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 pm

*Raises Eyebrow and looks at stu* Wow peoples heads get blown off more here than a hormonculi's torture garden....
*Looks back at Pat*
It's not all that fluffy or competitive... It's kinda in the grey area which I like it. You should try out mixing power armor into the terminator squads to reduce points cost so you can have some more stuff to add into it. I've never tried that, but heard of it working for other people before... That's just a suggestion for a game to try that out.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 pm

IMO your list has a few gaping holes I would run cyclones instead of A/C's better range higher str and the ability to kill infantry and armor. Also your math is off I'm getting 495 for your terminator squads w/ A/C's assuming your giving all your termies combi-guns. And 445 for your Flamer squads. So right now you are 135 pts over. I can't really say what to take out as anything you might remove changes your tactics pretty drastically. But a fun idea
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:00 pm

He's not over..... It's 450 total for the first squad..... 330 for ten, 1 combi melta for 5, 10 points each powerfist at 40, chainfist is 15, assault cannons are 30.

That adds up to 450 what he got posted there man..... Don't know where you getting all screwed up for math......

He copied to second squad and posted 450 total on that....

Last squad is 400 on dot as he posted......

I don't see the problem here on points.... He didn't outfit everyone of them with combi's only one per squad......

Furthur more I've personally popped landraiders with Assault cannons so I don't see the problem in not using them other than being outranged.....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:04 pm

I was about to post the same thing adam you beat me to it lol.
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Sorry about that pat didn't know you where online lol....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Hey, some of us attended public school and 1+1=11.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down