Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION!

+8
CKO
ChoasRobot
Necron
HereticWolf
mouser04
grots life
Man-of-War
AArdvark085
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION! Empty Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION!

Post  AArdvark085 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Ok Guys I just got off the phone with Sonny. The Annual Dec "Bring what you got" tournament is on. This is what we are looking at:

Date: Sunday, 11 Dec 11 Starts at 11:00 Sharp

Points Limit: 2500

Standard Force Org plus Superheavies or Army Equivalent.
What does that mean? It means you can bring Titans, Baneblades or Imperial Armor Units but you cannot play 20 Lone Wolf terminators.
You must have the official data sheet for the unit you bring.
You cannot buy Apocalypse formations.
You must have a printed out army list with points and special abilities on the list.
If you claim your unit has a special power you must have a copy of the official documents to prove it.
You cannot field allies you must play the army you are bringing. Such as -- if you play IG you cannot add Sisters.

Entry Fee is $10.00.

First prize is a $100.00 gift certificate. Prizes will also be awarded for Best General and Best Painted.

This is meant to be a fun tournament where you can play units you don’t normally get to field. It is not an Apocalypse Game Per Se' certain rules such as flyers will apply. More to follow later:

Get your list ready!!!
I will post more info as soon as I get it!

Last edited by AArdvark085 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION! Empty Re: Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION!

Post  Man-of-War Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:43 am

What if we don't have anything that's for apocalypse games?
We just field 2500 points and hope for the best to go against titans, baneblades, etc.... I've went against one titan once and those things are pretty nasty.
I'll be sure to bring more anti-tank then.... sorry I think out loud alot
Also please excuse me if I ask a dumb question... Kinda tired so I may if you already answered it in previous post....
Also what if we don't have a printer. I write my armylists out in a notebook.... Is that ok?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION! Empty Re: Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION!

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:00 am

Yep if you dont have a Titan or Superheavy bulk up you list with missile launchers and las cannons. I think I am bring my Tau and I only have a flyer. I may bring IG. Let me see what I have and I may have a Titan loaner program.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:12 am

I'll be working that day so I won't have my army, but I do have a titan and a couple stompas and a couple pulsa rokkits.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:22 am

I don't really need to borrow anything I'll be fine man. Just trying to joke around. After all I don't think the titans can work for Necrons or Dark Eldar.. I'll be more than likely bringing necrons due to Dark Eldar army not being all together yet.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 am

Necron's are easy, any household appliance will proxy for a superheavy for them.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION! Empty lol

Post  mouser04 Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:52 am

lol yea oiks or deamons hmmmmmmmmm oiks 3 stompas greentide lootas and nobs of golore of pk's oh cant have apoc with out thrakka and his bullies boyz heheh.....

wwww www wwww aaaaa aaaaa gggggggggg hhh
wwww wwww wwww aa aaa aaa aaa ggg hhh
wwww wwwww www aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa ggggggggg hhhhhhhhh
wwwwww wwwwww aaa aaaa aaa aaaa ggg ggg hhh hhh
wwww www aaa aaaa aaa aaaaa ggggggggg hhh hhh

ooooh boy i think i got a horse throat waagh tooo long [cough cough]
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:22 pm

2500 pts of wolves? Man I wish I had purchased those TWC when I had the chance lol, either way I have enough to bring the pain train.... maybe even bring the tau
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION! Empty Jaks December Tournament 10 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got"

Post  Necron Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:21 am

Wow 2500 points .... that puts the icing on the cake ... all the nuts and bolts I care to play ....... Just wanted you all to know (just for fun) I finished my Doomsday Monolith. Who says Necrons do not have any thing in the "Heavy" catagory. The data sheet can be found on page 49 of the 40K Expansion "Apocalypse Reload." A normal " Ha Ha Ha" Monolith is a beast with all sorts of Cheese. The Doomsday Monolith has an extra helping of cheese ...... How about the Gauss Obliterator Smile 72" Str 9 AP3 Ordnance 1 7"Blast Template Smile Smile
See you there Necron
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  ChoasRobot Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:11 am

ou cannot buy Apocalypse formations.

To bad the only non formation the Necrons have is the Pylon.

ChoasRobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:48 am

I'm going to sit this one out I believe. Next year will be a different story because I should have more than what I have.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 am

Hey the tournament is Sunday 11 Dec not 10 Dec as previously reported. See yall there.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Hey does anyone need to borrow a Reaver Titan or Baneblade for the tournament Sunday? I have the naked Titan and my unpainted Baneblade I can bring. Let me know!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:04 am

I can't make the game, but if anyone is representing Chaos Space Marines, I've got a titan available too. Death to the false emperor!!!
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Will vendettas, valkyries, and stormravens count as flyers?
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I will not be playing but i will be there for moral support lol
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:18 pm

CKO wrote:Will vendettas, valkyries, and stormravens count as flyers?

Hmm let me ask Sonny but I am betting since they are not a Superheavy probably not. I am going to clairify the taking of formations since Necrons dont have Super Heavys. I am at work and dont have my books available so check back later.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jaks December Tournament 11 Dec 11 "Bring What You Got" CORRECTION! Empty lol

Post  mouser04 Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 am

well if u designated them from the apocalys book yea , from the codex no
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:20 am

Ok I've had time to check the books and here is what I came up with based on the first conversation I had with Sonny:

- Imperial Armour models are allowed such as the flyer version of the Vendetta and the Ork Fighta. But they must follow the flyer rules as set out in the Apocalypse rule book.

- I do not know if there is a Apocalypse sheet for the Storm Raven if there is bring it...

- Special Rules - Each super heavy/gargantuan creature comes with special rules such as: Structure points, Hover Mode, Flyer, Agile and Reactor meltdown. Follow these rules per the appropriate data sheet or rule book.

I did get a text from him today again saying that you cannot use Apocalypse formations or Strategic Assets. So check you list again before you show up to avoid any problems.

Dont forget I can bring my titan and baneblade if you want to use them.

I am playing Tau. Who else is going to be there and what are you playing!!!?
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:22 am

Kunnin N Kwik wrote:What if we don't have anything that's for apocalypse games?
We just field 2500 points and hope for the best to go against titans, baneblades, etc.... I've went against one titan once and those things are pretty nasty.
I'll be sure to bring more anti-tank then.... sorry I think out loud alot
Also please excuse me if I ask a dumb question... Kinda tired so I may if you already answered it in previous post....
Also what if we don't have a printer. I write my armylists out in a notebook.... Is that ok?

I have a couple of units you can borrow.

You can write out your army list just have a complete list to show your opponent. Its best to have a copy for them also.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shas'O_X Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 am

Oh wow, I have no idea what that means. Nevertheless, I'm nowhere near prepared for tournament play... maybe some other time, once I've got some of my Tau forces built up... I know I'll at least have some Pathfinders + Broadsides on the way to augment my Cadre...
Shas'O_X
Shas'O_X

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 am

AArdvark085 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 am wrote

I am playing Tau. Who else is going to be there and what are you playing!!!?

Well I'm in and playing Necrons with a twist Smile
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:18 am

Shas'O_X wrote:

Oh wow, I have no idea what that means. Nevertheless, I'm nowhere near prepared for tournament play... maybe some other time, once I've got some of my Tau forces built up... I know I'll at least have some Pathfinders + Broadsides on the way to augment my Cadre...

Shas O, This is a once a year tournament that allows you to play Super heavies such as Titans, Bane blades or the giant bugs usually reserved for Apoc games. We have tried several variations and found that it works best when you start with a standard force organization (one HQ and two troop’s selections) then add your super heavies after that. So you can bring what ever units you have and include stuff from the Apoc books as long as they are not bought as Formations or Strategies.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Looks like I may make it to the tournament after all.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm pretty sure the stormraven apoc formation is in the WD that has the Blood Angel on the front cover.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next