Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons

+2
Man-of-War
Uktena
6 posters

Go down

Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons Empty Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons

Post  Uktena Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 am

Something is confusing me about the IG Bring it down order. If successfully given it says that the unit's weapons become twin-linked. So say a unit has rapid fire weapons, plasma guns, does that make their plasma guns now BOTH rapid fire and twin linked or does the twin-linked rule OVERRIDE the rapid fire characteristic making the guns just twin-linked and nothing else?
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons Empty Re: Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons

Post  Man-of-War Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 am

If it says twin-linked that just means it adds it to the weapon profile I'm pretty sure.. used to play guard a bit way back.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons Empty Re: Bring it Down Order with Rapid Fire Weapons

Post  Uktena Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 am

I'm leaning that way, Kwik. At first I thought opposite but the more I think about it an order is suppose to be a power multiplier, so those rapid fire twin-linked plasma guns don't sound so crazy anymore. But with my luck I will just roll more 1s for overheating with my twin-linked rerolls, doh!
Uktena
Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 am

Twin linked just means you re-roll your missed hits. If you get a 1 on plasma you re-roll and don't suffer over heat unless you roll a second 1 but IIRC bring it down is only against vehicles and MC
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:58 pm

thecapn226 wrote:Twin linked just means you re-roll your missed hits. If you get a 1 on plasma you re-roll and don't suffer over heat unless you roll a second 1 but IIRC bring it down is only against vehicles and MC

really? u dont get over heat on on the first 1 on twin link. you sure? if so thats great
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm pretty sure you still overheat
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Nope you only overheat on the reroll.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:24 pm

That clears up my confusion nicely, thanks guys!
Uktena
Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 pm

good to know, would have had a few less over heats the other night.
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down