Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using old school models in tournaments

+2
mouser04
Uktena
6 posters

Go down

Using old school models in tournaments Empty Using old school models in tournaments

Post  Uktena Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:36 am

I've just got in these awesome old school chaos rhinos. For some reason the older models just seems to scream Hersey Era to me and I view therm as a perfect fit for what chaos marines should be using for APCs. But now I wonder what exactly is the official Games Workshop rule on older models in tournaments? Now I understand at local tournaments, like ours, it is no big deal. But what about on the official tournament stage? Are older edition models even legal?

Last edited by Uktena on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Using old school models in tournaments Empty um

Post  mouser04 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 am

from my understanding anything that is games workshop from what i was told
maybe cko or captn can tell u
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Using old school models in tournaments Empty Re: Using old school models in tournaments

Post  The Emperor Waffle Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:08 am

I used to use the old land raider model and it worked just fine.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Using old school models in tournaments Empty Re: Using old school models in tournaments

Post  AArdvark085 Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Old school models are fine.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:04 pm

old school is fine even though those old rhinos are tiny you have a slight cover save advantage but you also have a slight disadvantage as its easier to surround your tank
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:44 pm

CKO wrote:old school is fine even though those old rhinos are tiny you have a slight cover save advantage but you also have a slight disadvantage as its easier to surround your tank

Yeah, first thing I noticed was that it will be nigh impossible for a demon prince to get cover save behind these rhinos. You take the good with the bad.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 am

you dont have to worry about this anymore as GW is out of the tournament business! finally, ardboyz was the worst thing you could do to the game, saying painting didnt matter and it was all about winning. GW made the " WAC" monsters we hobbyist hate to even be on the same table with. this also means though that gw wont be sending out those vouchers for product support anymore for any tournament. i forgot the exact date but this is the last season for GW product support for GT and local tournaments.

but as with rules as long as it was on the same base that it came with from the box it is legal. so those old school terminators on 25mm bases are legal. those old school rhinos are legal in any sense because they are gw 100%. and if you wanted to hide your Demon Prince behind a rhino you could try the older metal demon princes or Belakor. Razz
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down