NightLords fluff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NightLords fluff

Post  Man-of-War on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Well I seen someone else write on here marine fluff so I thought I would try my hand at writing some for fun. I enjoy writing so while I cook up more dark eldar fluff I figured I'd start this off.

The slums on this one hiveworld named Seiron was a dark and dangerous place to be. This woman dressed in a hooded cloak steps into a light and turns around swiftly as if she was being followed. She started to run in the direction she was headed in, very light on her feet as she dodged obsticles in her path. Then finally a large man slams into her knocking her to the ground next to the wall in the alleyway. He came from out of no where. He had tattoos on the tree trunk like arms that where showing out of a sleeveless shirt. Most of them where gang signs which every hive city had criminals of some sort.

He spoke to the woman, "You have a name my little pretty theif before I mess your pretty face up?"

She stood up slowly favoring her side and trying to remember her name, "Septira is my name which is the only thing I'll give you."

The man smiled a bit, "Well after I take that map back. Then I'll have my way with you."

He started to step forward and paused as a blade ran him through his back. When it came to the hilt of it the blood was frozen cold in the wound. Then the man was lifted a few feet in the air to allow the user to dislodge the blade from the body. Then the body of the large man was thrown against the wall with relative ease.

As the blade disappeared in the darkness of the alleyway Septira lowered her eyes, "My lord I knew you wouldn't be too far behind."

A voice that sounded like a deep bass boom responded from the darkness, "So you have what I need Septira?"

She smiled and raised her eyes, "Yes my lord I do. That gang member had the map to what we need from this world."

The voice again responded, "Good Septira, I'll meet you at our transport. We must take it back to my ship."

She knew that he wasn't there after responding the last time. So she started to walk back to the transport vessel that she parked about a mile back in the open shaded area beside the city. Then the walk started to be jogging on the way back. Septira knew that her master was watching her jog on the way back making sure that she and the map wasn't harmed. After a few minutes of jogging she finally made it back to the transport vessel and entered. The ship was pitch black with no light save for the cockpit where she and her co-pilot flew the vessel. She walked through the darkness to the cockpit and strapped herself in. Pressing the buttons to engage the drive the vessel lifted off.

As they started going off planet the voice was behind her, "Septira do you need help. I saw you where favoring your side a bit."

She was honored that he cared for her many of his other brothers wouldn't give the time of day. She said finally after sighing, "No my lord. I can take care of myself."

They where finally off planet and started towards the moon that orbited the planet. In the shadow of the moon was a ship finally coming into view. It was an astartes strike cruiser really sleek in design. Meant to be more manuverable than your average vessel. As they entered the bay of the ship there was a sign up on the wall opposite from the transport. It was written in a foreign language from a planet that didn't exist anymore. The language loosely translated said, 'Go now my sons in Midnight Clad." The dead language was something that her lord spoke everyday. It was called Nostromian. Also under the sign was another written under it saying loosely, 'The hand of silence', which was the name of the cruiser. She locked the docking clamps into the bay. Then unstrapped herself from the pilots seat. While she walked toward the rear of the transport and pressed the button for the ramp to go down. Then finally seeing her master stand in the darkness. The red eye lenses glowing in the dark. Then hearing a hiss of decompression from the helm as he took it off and stepped down the ramp into the low light that lightly lit up the bay. He turned to look at Septira. His face was handsome, his eyes where pitch black meaning he was a true Nostromian born, and that his eyes where well adjusted for seeing in really little light that was all around the ship. His hair was dark and pulled back.

Septira lowered her eyes finally at his gaze, "My lord what you wish of me?"

He smiled a bit, "You have known ever since being in my service as my 7th slave septira that when we are in this ship you don't have to call me lord in this place unless around the rest of my brothers."

She looked up and smiled back, "Yes my lord..... I'm sorry Lord Kaiser Leothan."

He turned and started to walk to the door of the bay his servo motors of his armor making noise as he moved. "I must go to the bridge. You can stay in my squads quarters area of the ship like always Septira. Maybe work on some of our weapons. You never know when we may need them next.

With his command she said, "Yes my master." Then went to do what he asked her to do.

Last edited by Cunnin N Qwik on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NightLords fluff

Post  Despoiler on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:47 pm

is fluff generally the same as fan fiction?
Despoiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orikl on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 pm

yes it is called fluff because it has no actual barring on the game itself
Orikl

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mattiespandaranch

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 am

I smell Night Lords! Twisted Evil Really cool opening scene, cant wait to see where the map leads them.

I know you most likely copy and paste but you have to remember to seperate the paragraphs, I forget sometimes myself. Also when there is a conversation going on you typically space it out, for example:

"Run Run Run", the veteran ordered his squad.

"Why" asked the youngster with a puzzled look on his face.

"Just Do It", the veteran yelled.

scratch or something like that I am not 100% sure but I do know you are suppose to space it out.

CKO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gearsfreak on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 am

yeah you are
gearsfreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:03 am

When the speaker changes, make a new paragraph and also watch your tense changes. Something that I always do before I had in papers or write another story is to read it out loud to myself. This helps me with tense cohesion and to see if any part of my story does not flow well or stalls too long.

The Emperor Waffle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:09 pm

ok I edited it. I type it up here without copying and pasting. It just kinda flows from my mind that way. I did tap the tab a bunch of times that shows up when I'm editing it, but didn't show on the initial post. scratch
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Kaiser made it to the bridge of the cruiser rather quickly. It was as dark as the rest of the ship. Something that the slaves or appointed servants of the VIII legion had gotten used to. Most of the people on the bridge had pail looking skin. He looked down to open the map in his hands. As he opens up the map to see the prize for coming here he looks at the old appointed bridge officer servant Nero, "You need to bring us about to be overviewing this area of the planet below Nero."

The bridge officer barked orders to the different slaves and servitors that where at the controls around the bridge. Then turns to Kaiser, "My lord have you found what you wanted?"

Kaiser looked up at him, "I believe I have... Hold us here at this position and wait for my squads arrival back on this ship. This is something we have to find." As he said that he walked out of the door and back to the bay.

On the way he opened a link to the overall speakers of the ship.
++ "Septira you are needed in the bay and 1st claw meet me there as well."++

As the door slid open he walked into the docking bay towards his squad. The other 4 astartes where the same size as him. He walked infront of the first one in the line of them, "Brutis glad you could make it. I thought you where lost there a moment. Last time I seen you in this squad you where a drooling maniac."

Brutis with a face full of scars responded with a growl, "Watch it brother." Then gave a stern look at Kaiser.

Arian the 2nd in line spoke up then with a kind voice, "Lets get on with this. You two can argue later."

Kaiser believing that was the good thing to do turned and looked at Chainer who hasn't taken his armor off in the time he knew him or spoken a word ever since being mysteriously recruited and brought in by their primarch.

Chainer just gestured the sign he was ok to go like always.

Kaiser moved to the 4th in line who was polishing his armor, "Revan can't you take time out of polishing your armor to respond to me checking all of you?"

Revan looked up at him without skipping a beat grabbed his cerimonial helm that was fashioned into a skull with wings and tucked it under his arm while he rose to his feet, "Well I thought that never bothered you before Kaiser" he grinned.

Kaiser then walked into the transport ignoring him. The rest of the squad walked into the transport as well the sound of their servo motors in their armor filling the vessel up with noise. He watched Septira go to the pilots seat in the cockpit to strap herself in.

She looked back at 1st claw, "Strap yourself in my lords. Our destination is bumpy." She was remembering what Kaiser told her before in the docking bay of where they where going on the planet below. From the readings feral orks where in the area so it'll probably be a battle when they make planetfall. As she turned the transport around while exiting the ship she overheard her master as she starting the vessels descent.

Kaiser looked across as Brutis which from his vox speaker sounded like he was already drooling in his helm. As the transport started to break into the atmosphere of the planet the vessel started rocking.

Then Brutis started screaming at the top of his lungs, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.... SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!" Then he trailed off like an animal that has gone rabid, "SKULLS!! BLOOD!!! SKULLS!! BLOOD!!!"

Then Revan spoke through the vox, "Would someone shut him up! He's ruining my concentration!"

Kaiser looked down ignoring the rest of 1st claw a moment then looked over to Chainer and like always a gesture with the hand meaning he was ok. Then he checked on Arian and surprisingly the young one of the group was calm. He guessed trying not to desturb anyone. Finally he heard Septira yell back, "We are landing my lords." Kaiser thought to himself what would lurk in the forrests on the edge of this world and what the map leads them to.

Last edited by Cunnin N Qwik on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Pretty good, I thought the last part about the bezerker was funny Laughing , will someone please shut him up. Epic
CKO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah well slaanesh and khorne always buts heads. Revan is the Slaanesh guy as he has the flashy ceremonial helm and polishes his armor. While Brutis is a guy clearly falling to Khorne in which he is like a rabid animal.. I'll add some more to this, just kinda late to be working on it now. Maybe tomorrow...
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

Movin to the fluff section....
AArdvark085
Admin

View user profile http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:01 am

As soon as the back door of the transport opened 1st claw was on the move. It was night.... Perfect thought Kaiser. Over the vox he spoke, "This is just the way we like it brothers."

Revan spoke out, "Be sure to keep Brutis on a tight leash otherwise he'd give away our position to the enemy in the area. The slobbering manic..." He trailed off in Nostromian muttering curses about Brutis.

Brutis was still quiet, but he spoke out.... "Where is the battle?!"

Kaiser just shook his head, "It will be soon brother don't rush it."

Then 1st claw seen the enemy they had to get past Feral Orks hundreds of them around a camp in front of the cave they had to get to.

Kaiser spoke up, "Have you found their leader?"

Chainer caught Kaisers gaze and motioned over at the hut. The Biggest ork Kaiser ever seen was in the hut. It barely contained him.

Kaiser thought a moment, "When I give the word Brutis will charge the mob. Chainer you take a flank on one side of him. Arian take the other side. Let Brutis be tip of the attack formation. That's the distraction. Then me and Revan will make it for the Biggest Ork. Revan you take care of his personal guard. I'm sure there are some that the big ork will be pushing around. They will be bigger than the others, but not as big as the boss. Revan your a skilled fighter as I am so I trust you can take them on. I'll kill the Boss and break their spirit. Then we slaughter them as they run in fear. Agreed?"

All the rest of 1st claw nodded in agreement. Shortly after Kaiser gave the word.

Brutis then charged from the darkness where he hid towards the main mob. Arian and Chainer in tow behind him on either side. Brutis hit the Mob so fast that there where ork carcasses flying everywhere. The whole time he's streaming to himself, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! SKULLS!! BLOOD!! SKULLS!!"

Arian and Chainer just helped keep the orks from reforming behind brutis by cutting a wider path through them.

Kaiser then motioned on Revan to follow him as they started jogging towards the hut. Kaiser motioned to Revan he could see 3 guards around the hut.

Revan closed the distance to the 3 guards and Quickly drew his power sword slicing 1 of the Nobs head clean off it's shoulders. Then the legs out from under the next one in two fluid motions. Then he left that one to suffer to strike fear into the lesser orks around this point. The third one though he slowed to a stop so that the ork could get a proper duel. Revan motioned to the ork, "Don't disappoint me you savage Xenos. Give me a good match." He poised himself almost like a snake ready to strike. The Nob was a bit clumsey compaired to Revan. The Nobs strikes to Revan was almost as if it was moving in slow motion. Revan then sliced the last Nobs throat open with a horizontal cut then a vertical cut up the belly to the neck. The big orks face was almost in fear as in a fear of dying it had. Revan then nodded at Kaiser.

Kaiser entered the hut and then in the Darkness seen a klaw come out grab him and throw him through the wall of the hut. The warboss was angry he guessed. He was lucky that the klaw didn't cut through his armor. He pulled out his sword he had salvaged from a space wolf lord he had slain 'Ice Fang' is what the Lord he called the Frostblade. He thumbed the power rune and the blade was glowing with a icy glow to it. "Come on you ugly beast. Come meet your end today."

The Massive warboss bellowed and the orks fighting the rest of the 1st claw seemed steeled by it on the other side of the building. Then he charged Kaiser.

Kaiser was a little quicker and was barely able to dodge the klaw this time. Then he followed the Massive ork and sliced into his back. He could see the Ice crystals forming on the Boss's back. Enraged by this the ork Charged again. Then time Kaiser met him head on with a charge of his own. The blade being faster than the klaw this time he drove 'Ice Fang' deep into the orks chest shattering the Massive orks steel plated armor and causing ice crystals to form around the gaping wound. The Warboss slumped down and let out a grunt. Kaiser then sheathed the Frostblade.

Then almost as if the shadow of death itself was upon the orks the mob outside the hut broke and ran. The rest of 1st claw followed them cutting them down while they fled.

Kaiser then did one more thing before he left the camp. He strung up the remains of the warboss. Cut open his ribcage and stretched it open to scare any other ork in the area that would want to follow them.

He then motioned for 1st claw to come out of the shadows and join him in the cave. Once everyone was there he looked at Brutis he had a collection of ork skulls and was cleaning them. Revan was still in the spotless ceremonial armor. Chainer just motioned like always, and Arian looked a bit Anxious.

"Well brothers this is it." After he dug a bit he pulled a chest up. The chest was solid gold and had nostromian language imprinted on it. He then spoke the words that was on the chest roughly translated, "Now my sons you have found something that will help you in the years to come." He took a deep breathe and opened it to find a weird wrapping on an object. The object looked like some Orb that he never knew before. The wrapping had one phrase in nostromian in it. Saying the Vision. At that moment Kaiser fell to the ground conscious, holding the orb, but to the others like his mind wasn't there. He also started talking in Nostromian over vox about the visions he was seeing.

1st claw grabbed his body and took it back to the transport. Septira asked, "What happened my lords?"

Revan took off his helm and spoke, "Kaiser has been pulled into a different reality in his mind. We must get him back into his quarters on the Hand."

Septira bowed, "Of course Lord Revan." After all the rest of 1st claw strapped themselves in. She strapped herself in and drove the transport as fast as she could at full power back to the Hand. The rest of first claw being silent the whole way. She had seen more talking at a funeral than this. Their helmets where on they must have been talking amongst themselves she thought. Finally after making dock she unstrapped herself and rushed to her masters side.

Arian took off his helm and put one of Kaisers arms over his head. Chainer took the other side. Both started to take Kaiser to his quarters.

Arian spoke to Septira, "I don't know what has become of him. It's weird...." He trailed off a bit.

Septira grimmaced, "Well maybe it's not perminant."

Arian nodded, "I hope so."

Finally they put kaiser into the middle of his room and left him there. Chainer motioned for Arian and him to leave.

Revan finally walked up the Septira, "Don't let him out of your site and soon as he awakens come get me."

Septira nodded, "What is happening to him?"

Revan paused a moment before speaking, "I believe he is seeing things that our Primarch saw before he was killed." Then he walked away. Leaving Septira to her thoughts.
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top