Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Next?

+3
Hinkel
Orikl
CKO
7 posters

Go down

Tau or Orks

What's Next? I_vote_lcap56%What's Next? I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
What's Next? I_vote_lcap44%What's Next? I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

What's Next? Empty What's Next?

Post  CKO Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I plan on playing the same Necron List for a very long time, (sorta like Dale plays the same marine list) the list is not painted yet so I feel no need to buy new stuff. The same can be said about my Black Templar except I don't have a list scratch , and why buy new Templar stuff when a new codex may be in the works?

With Necrons and Black Templar out of the way/being painted there is room for me to start working on a new army! cheers
If you remember from the Final Four thread I want to play Orks and Tau. I am not sure which one I should start working on so I am leaving it up to the group which one would you like to see me push around, Tau or Orks?
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

What's Next? Empty Re: What's Next?

Post  Orikl Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:46 pm

i would go with tau seeing as they are due for a new codex that way you get to keep all the cheese to yourself. i can warn you about orks they are extremely iffy on winning... sometimes they kill themselves or completely 'whiff' but i can say they are an extremely fun army. on a side note this ghost ark... EFFING AMAZING paint job on it so far
Orikl
Orikl

https://www.facebook.com/mattiespandaranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:47 pm

i say orks....and look at the for sell post, and see what ork stuff i am brinigng to the flea market
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:09 pm

I seen some lists with tau that are assaulty/weird for tau, but it was kinda affective... Neutral Then I seen some lists for tau that can pump out enough shot to stop a semi dead in its tracks.... so to speak Twisted Evil . They are cheaper than orks depending on if you buy alot of the assault on black reach stuff side of the starter kit.... Orks on the other hand if your not going with the starter kit will be more expensive moneywise with the bodies you have to put in a list. The Orks are just as flexible... A 15 man lootas rolling a 3 on d3 shots will pump out 45 dice rolls which isn't anything to sneeze at.

I still say tau, but if you want to start orks your time is short on buying the assault on black reach stuff, cause once 6th is out and they give us another starter it'll be hard to find then unless you make good deals on ebay. I wish you had a third option on this though cause both are great armies. In the end though it's your choice....

You want Shooty or Choppy?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm gonna say tau because you don't strike me as an ork player. You once told me you didn't think I'd like DE because of the play style and you were right. Sometimes the best advice comes from people that know how you play. I think you would enjoy tau a lot more because you're a very tactics driven player and a tau army with a good tactician is deadly.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 am

Stuart is right about that.. You are a really good tactician.. At least you've figured out what you want to play next. I've been playing this game for about 4 years and still don't' know what I want to play that fits me.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 pm

I voted tau, because they have a new codex coming soon and now is the time to get your hands on the models before they get really pricey...

However, I personally, want you to play orks because even if i loose 100 games against you, its more fun playing against the green tide than any other army...
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Steve Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 am

Neither. Perfect what you have. Wait for 6th ed changes or new codices. They may completely change your list approach and cost you hundreds of dollars.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum