Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Mech list

3 posters

Go down

Grey Knight Mech list Empty Grey Knight Mech list

Post  thecapn226 Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Hey, guys. I'm thinking of running this list. Lots of twin linked weapons and Fortitude. backed up by 30 purifiers, and 5 terms. Oh, and Crowe cheers

Crowe

6x Purifiers, 2 Psycannons, 3 halberds, Deamonhammer
Razorback with Psybolt Ammo

6x Purifiers, 2 incinerators, 3 halberds, Deamonhammer

6x Purifiers, 2 incinerators, 3 halberds, Deamonhammer

5 Terminators, Brotherhood banner, incinerator

Psyrifle Dread

Psyrifle Dread

Crusader with MM

Total:2000

Terminators go in the crusader obviosly. The basic idea is to roll 6" for two turns while shooting stuff up and then charge with whoever is still in transports.

thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Mech list Empty Re: Grey Knight Mech list

Post  fallen Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 pm

give that crusader extra armor. also have you thought about playing a libby, having some type of psychic defense, other then ur aegis, would be a def improvement, not to mention the extra utility one would bring to the game with all of the powers he can bring to bear for your side
fallen
fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:36 pm

I'd love to put a lib in, but I don't know where to get the points. All the GK Libby are in TDA,and cost 160pts with powers.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  fallen Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 pm

im pretty sure if you played around with points its possible, might require dropping all purifier squads down to 5 man instead of 6 man, havent played around with points so who knows. if you can fit him in, i believe he'll be beneficial for the list

thing i think you should have is extra armor on crusader, if you need to charge something with the terminators and the crusader is stunned you'll be wishing you bought it.

another idea that you might want to try for the terminators is give one of them a daemonhammer in case they get stuck in with mcs, dreads, or just want to have more reliable vehicle hunting
fallen
fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:50 am

Yea, my bad. Terms have 3 halberds, a BB, and a hammer. And I try not to take EA cause I have Fortitude which already costs all my vehicles 5pts more. But if I have pts left over it be the first thing added
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  fallen Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:24 am

you know i keep forgetting bout fortitude on grey knights, will need to make a mental note of that ><

since you got that I believe it'll be fine but psychic defense might hurt you and if the other guy is a wolf player with rune priests you better hope his dice hate him if it comes down to a crucial moment
fallen
fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 am

Tennis balls can overcome all space wolf armies Smile But if I take out one of the incinerator squads I can put in a lib and another term with a hammer.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:29 am

Good list I dont see any glaring holes, I would take the psycannon over the incinerator for the termie squad though.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  fallen Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 am

CKO wrote:Good list I dont see any glaring holes, I would take the psycannon over the incinerator for the termie squad though.

agreed a good point, one that i didnt think bout, on a side note I think psycannons all around would be better overall. better mid field coverage and doesnt make the squad useless for a time if their transport is destroyed/immobolized
fallen
fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down