Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army lists up for debate!!!!! Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army.

+5
thecapn226
kelmar40k
HereticWolf
Necron
Heretic Steve
9 posters

Go down

Army lists up for debate!!!!!  Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army. Empty Army lists up for debate!!!!! Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army.

Post  Heretic Steve Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 am

Blood Angels 2000pts.

Sanguinor
Mephiston
Corbulo

Furioso with Blood Talons

Death company x3 plus Lemartes all with jump packs

Stormraven with Extra Armor (This is the ride for the Furioso and Death Company

5x Assault squads in Razorbacks with Las/Twin Plasma turrets

This list packs a huge punch with Sanguinor, Mephiston, Lemartes, and Furioso. These are my favorite elements of the Blood Angel army and all are hard to kill. If you don't know about Lemartes, read his rules about his stats after taking a wound. He goes to base 5 attacks plus CCW attack at str5 with a power weapon. That is 7 attacks on the charge plus 1 if he is near the Sanguinor. This list kills infantry in droves.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Army lists up for debate!!!!!  Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army. Empty Re: Army lists up for debate!!!!! Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army.

Post  Heretic Steve Wed May 02, 2012 8:26 am

Grey Knights 2000pts.

Inquisitor Coteaz

2x 10 Purifiers w/psybolt ammo, hammer, 2 psycannons, 6 halberds, in a Rhino w/dozer blade

9 Purifiers w/psybolt ammo, hammer, 2 psycannons, 5 halberds, in a Rhino w/dozer blade

6x 3 Acolytes in Razorbacks with twin linked assault cannons, psybolt ammo, and dozer blades

2x Dreadnoughts with 2 autocannons and psybolt ammo.

Keep the razors and troops away and shoot while the purifiers and coteaz wreck their army. Simple, effective, smells like cheese.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Army lists up for debate!!!!!  Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army. Empty Army lists up for debate!!!!! Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army.

Post  Necron Wed May 02, 2012 9:00 am

Very cool stuff ....... BUT >>>>>>>>> What about Bugs ..... and you play them ........ Smile
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Army lists up for debate!!!!!  Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army. Empty Re: Army lists up for debate!!!!! Tell me what you think as I push some ideas out there of what I would play if I played this army.

Post  HereticWolf Wed May 02, 2012 12:59 pm

As far as your BA list I think you have too many point sink characters with the DC I would run at least 5 guys and throw them in the SR w/furioso. Corbulo is a decent character but his re-roll just hasn't done anything for me. I'd rather have 2 sang priests for the price of him
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Blood Angels list looks like it would be awesome fun to play with.

Grey Knights looks yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn to me.
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed May 02, 2012 5:56 pm

If you hit like I do with purifiers you'll want to shoot and stay out of combat. Also, remember that coteaz's rule doesn't work inside a transport any more. Watch out for a player that goes right after your rwzorbacks. The acolytes will die easily to any long range power that kills tanks, and then you can't score not an easy feat, but something to watch out for.

The ba list looks solid. I played against a similar list, except it was th/ss termies in the raven. Meph on one side, sang on other, and raven down the center makes for a rough time with target priority. I would play both and see which you like better. Both lists are set up for back range shooting with troops while your assault units go forward. Since both play mostly the same it really comes down to personal preference, but I think the BA list is stronger due to the fact that in the GK list all your troops are squishy.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed May 02, 2012 9:11 pm

I like both list, especially the Blood Angels list it has alot of unique traits that will catch alot of people of guard. The grey knight list looks like a conversion of the top 16 Grey Knight list, not taking anything away from the list but thats my opinion of it.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu May 03, 2012 12:25 am

Any tips for my wolves? i would like to run a better list... i just dont like to use named characters.

I own 3 thunder wolf cavalry, 3 ten man grey hunter packs, a long fang pack, 5 terms, a whirlwind, a predator, wolf lord on thunderwolf mount, termie rune preist, and a term wolf guard battle leader?

Any suggestions? Thx

EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Thu May 03, 2012 6:45 am

Any tips for my wolves?

Answer the call of Chaos! You know you want to.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 am

grots life wrote:
Any tips for my wolves?

Never! Fenris bows to no deamon kisser! Razz
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

EmeraldWolf wrote:

Never! Fenris bows to no deamon kisser! Razz

Come to the dark side we have cookies
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down