blood angels and necrons--allies?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

blood angels and necrons--allies?!?

Post  Despoiler on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Been reading on a couple of sites and they speculate that allies may be back. Nids have none, tau are with marines, as is guard. The one I don't get is them sayin necron and blood angel being allies. What the heck? I know nothings set in stone until sixth comes out but if it has any truth to it.. well.. any thoughts as to why they'd say that? confused
Despoiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: blood angels and necrons--allies?!?

Post  m00ndragon on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 pm

i got this from some other forum

"K here is the low-down on page 16 of the new BA codex:

Dante and 3rd Company vs. Silent King Necron Forces
They are stale mated and Dante's tactical brilliance is stretched to its limits
Then the Tyranids come and "force the armies to break off hostilities and fight the common foe"
After the final battle Dante and The Silent King both go their separate ways knowing that both their forces are horribly depleted and fighting would be horrendous for both sides.
Dante finds killing his impromptu allies distasteful.

So as it seems the person who wrote this lovely little piece of fluff forgot that Necrons hate everyone and that this probably should not have gone in the codex at all...just my two cents of course.".

you can thank matt ward for that.
m00ndragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 pm

If you think blood angels with Necrons is crazy..... They saying Tau and any imperial marines can allie as well in the rumors. they claim that in the new fluff that the marines uncover a secret that was hidden about the tau being some sort of lost ancient race that the emperor done something with....

Kinda sound like wishlisting for me, but all I can do is shrug my shoulders until the actual 6th edition allies rule comes out.
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 pm

These armies can ally already. It's in the back of the Apocalypse book. I would be super surprised if they allow you to field two armies at less than 2000pts. Remember that the core rule book has rules for multiple force org charts, but only after 2000pts. I don't see why people keep thinking this is new.
thecapn226

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 pm

thecapn226 wrote:These armies can ally already. It's in the back of the Apocalypse book. I would be super surprised if they allow you to field two armies at less than 2000pts. Remember that the core rule book has rules for multiple force org charts, but only after 2000pts. I don't see why people keep thinking this is new.

Well apocalypse I already knew already. I think these people are meaning "Allies are back in tournaments" or mistaking the 6th rulebook that supposedly going to be "One rulebook to rule them all" as like apoc thrown into the 6th ed rulebook..... (Shrugs) I dunno just guessing there.
Man-of-War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 pm

I think necrons and Nids should be standalone it just seemed ridiculous when i read it. And I knew bout allies before in Apoc.
Speaking of which, if I can swing it I'd love to run a 10000 point(pretty much my entire collection) per side game with no super heavies. I'll post it in the games section today or tomorrow, to see if I have any takers.
Despoiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 pm

The only allies that were allowed were SOB and GK or inducted IG and SM, but those were very unique things. I can't remember any time when you could take two forces out of two different codex, with the exception of what was already mentioned, in a tournament. But I wouldn't put it past GW to screw the pooch like that just to sell more models.
thecapn226

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top