Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th

+7
Umbranex
Man-of-War
grots life
mouser04
Uktena
Necron
Jak's
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th

Post  Jak's Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 am

Hello true believers,

Jak's has been accepted as a Feast of Blades qualifier, we will do this qualifing tournament in Jak's on August 4th. They have sent me all the pertinant information, i.e. scenarios and tournament format. I will soon have fliers and posters. There will be a cut off of 24 participants, all others will be on a standby list. I will start taking sign ups for the event starting in July 1st. The top 3 players will win an invitation to Feast of Blades in Colorado, there will also be prizes in the for the top three. The prizes will be determined by the amount of entries like usual.

There will be 15 different scenarios that could be used for the qualifier. We will use these scenarios for the June and July tournaments. There willl also be a set provided to club members for in store use. On the day of the qualifier, 3 of the 15 scenarios will be selected by Feast of Blades, and those 3 will be played that day. I will not know the 3 being used until I get an email before the tournament. That is why we are allowed to practice some before the qualifier. FOB encourages people to play the scenarios.

The entry fee for the FOB qualifier will be $20.00. Prizes will be based on entry fees. The top 3 will be also given invitations to the Colorado tournament. All tournament results will be sent off in a program provided by Feast of Blades. The program will determine the winners after all data is imputed. The results will then be emailed to FOB. You may still play in the qualifier even if you can not go to Colorado.

Good luck to you all. More information will follow.

Sonny

Jak's

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 am

Sonny ........ way cool ..........
Just checked the FOB site and the FAQ said that for FOB Qual Tourney's before Aug1 ...5th Ed Rules apply and for Tourney's after Aug 1 (i.e. Aug 4th) 6th Ed Rules apply Smile So how about putting me in for a pre-order on the new rule set Smile
Yours Truely
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty Re: Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th

Post  Uktena Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Updates to what is not being allowed with 6th in qualifiers:

http://www.feastofblades.com/

So far it looks like the additional FOC for games 2000+ points is being allowed as is allies.

Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty ok changes had come to the FOC POINTS

Post  mouser04 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:25 am

WE ARE PLAYING 1999+1 points[allowed 1 points over]
NO 2 FOC

play by the book with eception

qualifier will not use
mysterious terrain
archetect artefacts
unique terrain
warlord traits

everthing else still the same this an update from the site
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty Re: Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th

Post  grots life Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:56 pm

This is why I have such a negative opinion of tournaments. 1999+1? I know I went to public school, but that is still 2000 which means 2nd FoC. And removing all the "random" effects from the game? Why not just remove dice, they're pretty random too. It's a brand new edition, you'd think they would at least try to play the game before just branding it a failure.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:45 am

Well here is the point being made..... The general public are belly aching people whenever it comes to change in their environment.... It'll be something else for people that crave the win to scream "OP" at someone... I'm not one of those people, but I know a few that will do that if 2 FOC was allowed.

I mean for example I'd be able to field using space wolves 8 HQs.... Which I'd consider to be fine, but others would probably scream at me for it even though I paid out the ass in points for all eight.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty ok

Post  mouser04 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:42 am

um u read it wrong its not 2000 pts

its 1999 +1 means you make a 1999 point army
but if you are over 1 pt over 1999pts then its allowed
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbranex Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:47 am

ummm no 1999+1 is still 2k lol... look if they are allowing allies then they should allow 2 FoC. Plus i really like the idea of the random terrain effects and such... or even objectives that hurt. I call bologna on anyone trying to force 5th ed rules into 6th... unless games workshop or sonny himself tells me im going by whats in the rulebook... and with 2k allowed its 2 FoCs. either accept that or accept the fact that allies cant be taken. Lol Cunnin I agree with you people seem really happy to moan and complain before even trying new rules. If there is something too broken it will end up getting nerfed in a FAQ so just suck it up and play everyone!
Umbranex
Umbranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbranex Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 am

"allowing 1 point over 1999" is a fancy way of saying 2k... or are we allowed to disregard point allowances now and if we are a few points over who cares? lol id love to fit a few more weapons into my army maybe i should go for 2010 points Laughing
Umbranex
Umbranex

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty yup im right

Post  mouser04 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 am

read it it literally says +1 point
if it was 2k points it say 2000 pts
and it would not be fun if come to play and see my opponents have

12 land raiders[troop][termies]
12 30 genesteelers

6 wraiths per squad total of 24 wraiths

IG oh i dont wanna go there nothing but galore of armor and vendettas

orks heheh 12 troops of cc wep or shootas

6 fighta jets[fast]

it goes on and on

and as long as you have your primary detachment you will get your allied spot regardless

army can include one allied attachment for each primary detachment in your army[normally one but if your playing a larger game this might be two[page 109 directly under the pictured chart]

but om not going to get into a heated argument bout just 1999+1 is 1999 points and 1 pt
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbranex Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

look having tank spam list or whatever you are worried about is scary true... but it is not the be all end all. remember every extra heavy or hq or elite or whatever is points they cannot spend on troops... and in this edition most of the games are going to be objective based. them spamming like that will only hurt them and limit their options. well balanced lists are still the best way to go.

Look either way i dont really care if it is 2k or 1999 just answer me one question: I dont have the BRB yet so i dont know for 100 percent sure... how many points does the BRB say you need to play at to take allies?
>>that question is important because i was lead to believe that allies are available at 2k... same as double FoC... my problem here is if that is true you are being absolutely asinine and stupid to try and justify a tournament where allies are legal and double FoC isnt. This isnt a shop tournament it is a Feast of Blades event. If it was shop only i could understand Sonny having house rules but this is part of something larger so has to be played according to parameters set by GW in the BRB. So if 2k is required for allies then its either allow double FoC or neither. you cant have it both ways.
Umbranex
Umbranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Umbranex wrote:look having tank spam list or whatever you are worried about is scary true... but it is not the be all end all. remember every extra heavy or hq or elite or whatever is points they cannot spend on troops... and in this edition most of the games are going to be objective based. them spamming like that will only hurt them and limit their options. well balanced lists are still the best way to go.

Look either way i dont really care if it is 2k or 1999 just answer me one question: I dont have the BRB yet so i dont know for 100 percent sure... how many points does the BRB say you need to play at to take allies?
>>that question is important because i was lead to believe that allies are available at 2k... same as double FoC... my problem here is if that is true you are being absolutely asinine and stupid to try and justify a tournament where allies are legal and double FoC isnt. This isnt a shop tournament it is a Feast of Blades event. If it was shop only i could understand Sonny having house rules but this is part of something larger so has to be played according to parameters set by GW in the BRB. So if 2k is required for allies then its either allow double FoC or neither. you cant have it both ways.

Well the owner of Jaks don't like double FOC or Apoc games where there isn't a force oganisation chart... He probably won't do regular missions from the book either if when I played all last year is any proof. He doesn't like someone to come up there with a ridiculous list and play even though the rules say your supposed to..... Just a funny character to me. Glad I'm in warmahordes lol.

I know this is a qualifier tournament, but if he has anything to say it will be what I just said...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:14 pm

for example of the apoc tournament in the 2010 or was it 09....... anyways.... This one guy played space wolves with 2 grey hunter packs and roughly 30 lone wolves with TDA, SS, TH.... each a unit in it's own right.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 pm

This thread is off topic please get back on topic or it will be locked... Thanks!

Admin
Admin

https://southmsgamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbranex Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 pm

admin not being rude or anything like that im just wondering what you mean by off topic... we are discussing the parameters of the tournament that was announced...

anyway I apologize for thinking it was one person trying to change the rules. I visited feast of blades and this is what they have to say:

At FoB we try very hard to have an event that people are excited to play in and look forward to each year.
Recently a resounding message has come to us "We aren't ready for double force org." Whether it was because of the financial aspects of building out to that new paradigm or simply the overwhelming depression of staring across the table from 6 psifledreads, you just didn't feel excited to play at that level. As such we are making the following changes. (The following overrides anything we have told you publicly or privately).
- Qualifiers will be played at 1999+1 points. (no 2 FOC)
- Qualifiers will be played "by the book." with the following exceptions below
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "mysterious terrain," rules.
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "Archotech artefacts" rules (p 106)
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "unique terrain," rules (p. 107)
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "Warlord Traits," rules
- Qualifiers will NOT be using "Mysterious Objectives,"

it seems mouser was correct. Im still wondering if this means that there will be allies or no though since it says no 2 FoC but it also lists it as a 1999+1 tournament (which allies are at 2k correct?)
Umbranex
Umbranex

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Admin is referring to comments that are off topic. Read some of the posts above and think about how you would take them as a new comer to the game and group. I have heard people complaining that the forums are degrading and driving people off. Please remember that the reader might be a new gamer and we dont want them to get disheartened reading our forums.

On a side note, 1999 + or - 1 is not the same as 2k. Two different point values with two different associated rules.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty FOB and general clarifications

Post  Jak's Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:34 am

This is Sonny, for those of you on the forum that know me please be careful what you say, I CAN read.

1st thing, we are following the FOB rules for the qualifier, that is what they are for. This is not a GAMES WORKSHOP sanctioned event. IF you have read the GW website, GAMES WORKSHOP no longer sanctions or gives monetary or physical support to national or regional tournaments. So this is what we have to work with. If you do not wish to play in the FOB qualifier do not PLAY. If you want have paid and want a refund, I will be happy to give it to you. Because I am not keeping any proceeds for this tournament. All entry fees go to the top three players. If you wish to play, please read the rules on the FOB web site. I did not write the rules. I am just enforcing them. Jak's will continue to be associated with bigger events, because that is what we do. We will continue to run tournaments the way we run them because that has kept us in business. Those stores that have tried to cater to all gamers, have gone out of business or change hands every few years.

2nd That being said, I am open to suggestions. I have asked everyone for feedback on future events and future scenarios. If you think you can do a better job running an event and providing fresh scenarios, then speak up. Running a business is not a democracy, but we have many advisers.

3rd, this event like other bigger events are to provide people with different opponents, different scenarios, and a good time. If you want to play scenarios out of the back of the book, play at home or casually, that is what they are for. Those that travel to exotic locations and far from home IE Chicago, Houston, Denver, have played the scenarios in the back of the book, they play tournaments to play something different. So do not expect to play in a Jak's tournament and play the same old stuff. We have been using scenarios from the big events, so people can prepare for bigger events and prepare for those who play in those events. Its much like team building.

4th We are planning a bigger event in the fall. I am planning on hosting a regional size tournament. I am taking suggestions for location, scenarios, format, etc. If you have some positive input, feel free to email me on face book or my regular email.

5th I have enjoyed providing a place for gamers to play for 20 years. Find someone that has done it longer and let me know, so we may share notes. Please enjoy the tournaments, if you don't enjoy playing in them then just watch. I do not want a bunch of unhappy gamers. Playing casually at Jak's has always been FREE.

Jak's

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Well I apologize if I was helping driving this off topic Admin. Didn't mean to do that and I wasn't trying to be negative towards the rules/game.

Also I'd like to apologize to Sonny and wasn't trying to step on your toes. Your practically like family as many years I've been playing at Jak's.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 am

Hi
2 Days
4 Hours
Tic Toc Tic Toc ........
And Counting .........
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 am

Yep..... I think I'm playing Tau!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty . Re: Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th

Post  Necron Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am

Hi,

I hope you do play Tau ...................................Smile
You are good , real good with that army ......

1 Day
23.5 Hours
Tic Toc Tic Toc .............. till the fun Smile

N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm not sure what to play. I'll be thinking about it though. I feel like I have to change up my list a bit and use the new rules to be effective. I learned some interesting things that I could have done in my last game to really be effective.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Feat Of Blades qualifier August 4th Empty he carl

Post  mouser04 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:43 am

hey carl be prepared im gonna play you to get my revenge from last time hehehehe
necs vrs tau lots of wraith love What a Face Suspect affraid Twisted Evil
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm

18 Hours till the fun .......
Tic Toc Tic Toc ...........
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I talked to Carter and there are three dudes coming from Fla! Doors open at 10:00 dice drop at 11:00.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next