Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldar 6th ed ally ideas...

+3
CKO
Man-of-War
Heretic Steve
7 posters

Go down

Eldar 6th ed ally ideas... Empty Eldar 6th ed ally ideas...

Post  Heretic Steve Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 am

An archon on a jetbike joining my Farseer and Seer Council on jetbikes would be nice. The archon would have a 2++ reroll save with fortune.

A venom with 12 poison shots and a blaster inside is cheap and effective.

How about an Incubi unit or a Ravager?...

I need an ally that makes my seer council fearless. Any ideas?

You could ally a farseer to either Dark Eldar or Tau and use him to boost your units with Fortune, Guide, or Doom.

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Eldar 6th ed ally ideas... Empty Re: Eldar 6th ed ally ideas...

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Heretic Steve wrote:An archon on a jetbike joining my Farseer and Seer Council on jetbikes would be nice. The archon would have a 2++ reroll save with fortune.

A venom with 12 poison shots and a blaster inside is cheap and effective.

How about an Incubi unit or a Ravager?...

I need an ally that makes my seer council fearless. Any ideas?

You could ally a farseer to either Dark Eldar or Tau and use him to boost your units with Fortune, Guide, or Doom.

Um........ Dark Eldar Archons in the recent codex that came out in late 2010 cannot have jetbikes.

Although I can see Eldar and Dark Eldar working together would be nice.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Dont Eldar and Dark Eldar hate each other? scratch
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm

meh, there all space elves... apparently, they dont mind lol. Or perhaps, its so that things like Harliquin lists can be done... either way, what I see is a farseer in every list... imagine a farseer with fortune attached to a squad of Paladin's... talk about tough to kill re-rollable 2+ armor?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Eldar 6th ed ally ideas... Empty yea

Post  mouser04 Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 pm

yea like paladins really need the boost from them they already to OP ENOUGH
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:08 am

CKO wrote:Dont Eldar and Dark Eldar hate each other? scratch

Actually Eldar are the ones that escaped onto craftworlds the birth of slaanesh by inventing the paths to keep them on track. Plus creating soulstones for everyone that way their souls don't go to slaanesh when they dye. Thus Craftworld Eldar was born.

The other eldar that escaped to the webway and didn't get killed like the rest of the race, but instead slowly their essence of their souls was being drained by slaanesh. The webway eldar then found out that by torchuring, flaying, enslaving, and having fun with other lower lifeforms AKA the other non-eldar races in 40k they get stronger by feeding off the essence of the dying victims soul. Thus Dark Eldar was born. They don't allow any psykers in their midst for the one purpose to prevent Slaanesh from trying to kill them outright.

Now to answer your question they don't like each other, but they don't hate each other. It's kinda a grey area because Lord Vect of Commorragh actually saved a farseers forces. He said simply because life was more amusing for her to be in it for some awkward reason.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  tamastar63 Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 am

Cunnin N Qwik wrote:
CKO wrote:Dont Eldar and Dark Eldar hate each other? scratch

Actually Eldar are the ones that escaped onto craftworlds the birth of slaanesh by inventing the paths to keep them on track. Plus creating soulstones for everyone that way their souls don't go to slaanesh when they dye. Thus Craftworld Eldar was born.

The other eldar that escaped to the webway and didn't get killed like the rest of the race, but instead slowly their essence of their souls was being drained by slaanesh. The webway eldar then found out that by torchuring, flaying, enslaving, and having fun with other lower lifeforms AKA the other non-eldar races in 40k they get stronger by feeding off the essence of the dying victims soul. Thus Dark Eldar was born. They don't allow any psykers in their midst for the one purpose to prevent Slaanesh from trying to kill them outright.

Now to answer your question they don't like each other, but they don't hate each other. It's kinda a grey area because Lord Vect of Commorragh actually saved a farseers forces. He said simply because life was more amusing for her to be in it for some awkward reason.

I agree with you,... So, in 6th ed, why are they listed as "Battle Brothers"? They should be "allies of convenience" right?

tamastar63

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am

well with harliquins working on both sides I can't see why not battle brothers.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:22 pm

The dark eldar just don't fit the craft world way of life and cand since theyre almost required to be malicious bastards. Lol. I can see them fighting off other races, since the dark eldar dont gain anything from killing eldar...
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Core craftworld and cannon dark eldar are diametrically opposed but there are 2 cases in which they would work together well, and would do so with incredible synergy. I believe that they are "battle brothers" to reflect those 2 cases. Those 2 are of course, the Harlequins and the Corsairs. Also they may reflect the splinter factions of rogue pathfinders who fall to the dark eldar way of life, which are hinted at in the eldar book.
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Eh lol pot-a-toe, pot-ah-toe lol
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:59 pm

You say Urien Rakarth, I say Eldrad Ulthran Wink
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Nah i say Njal Stormcaller! Lmao
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down