Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections

+9
Darth.Sugo
EmeraldWolf
jkpz28
Man-of-War
AllmightyDM
Necron
Hinkel
grots life
AArdvark085
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections Empty Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections

Post  AArdvark085 Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Well it's January 2013 and it's time for another S.M.G. club meeting. The meeting will be held during the lunch break at the monthly Jak's tournament. As a reminder the tournament is on 20 Jan 13. We should break for lunch about 1230. So even if you don't play in the tournament you should show up for the club meeting.

During this meeting I am calling for the election of new club officers as it has been one year since we had the last elections.

The Positions available are:

President:

Vice President:

Scheduler:

Web Master:

If you wish to nominate someone you can do that here on the forum. Just make a post with their name and position in which you nominate them for. At the club meeting I will have a list of nominations and we can write in any last minute selections. The vote will be held by ballot, one per each member and he/she who has the most votes wins that position. Ties will be handled by rolling a D6 and he/she who has the highest number wins.

I have spoke with Stuart our current VP and he will be leaving around June so he will not be available for further officer positions. I will be stepping down as Club President as I have a lot of personal issues that have pulled me away from the hobby. Though I have more hobby time now the situation is pretty fluid and I can be pulled a way again at anytime. So we need some new blood to step up!

I hope to see you at Jak's on 20 Jan 13 at 12:30. We need maximum participation as we will be electing the people who will lead the club for next year and as we have all just learned Elections have consequences! So be there to vote!
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections Empty Re: Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections

Post  grots life Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Going into the new year, here is a list of things that would be of interest to me.

1. Narrative campaign - Two teams. Three days. Six games.

2. SMG objective counters - Our logo (when we decide on one.) Lets cast it onto a 40mm base in resin.

3. Battle Bunker trip - Overnight trip to Memphis to play on the tables at the battle bunker.

4. SMG "invasion" of nearby game stores - Baton Rouge, Mettarie, Fairhope, Mandeville, Mobile all have game stores with tables and regular players within a short drive. Let's visit them as a club and meet and play new people in a non-tournament setting.

5. Ads in local school papers - Let's put some ads in school papers and see if we can't attract some new players.

6. Website - We don't have one.

7. Apocalypse game - The last one was great fun. Let's scale it down to a more manageable size and do it again.

I'm also thinking of ways to get people more active with the hobby. Painting seminars, list building classes, quarterly tournaments, a news letter, contests, Black Library book club. These are a few of the ideas I'm working on. New year, new edition, let's have fun with it.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections Empty Re: Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections

Post  Hinkel Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:33 pm

i nominate Carl for web master
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:37 pm

I nomincate Brandon Cline Allmighty DM as Vice president

I nominate Justin Pierce JKPZ28 as the Scheduler
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections Empty . Re: Time For A Club Meeting And Club Elections

Post  Necron Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 am

I think Grot is on to something ................

Great ideas ................

I really like the first 3 ....................

Oh BTW ......... I vote for Hink for Pres ...... He has the look ........ and he can really org a game with all the fluff... Just the guy to pull off the multi day game ....... what braggin' rights would come from that ..... Hey Hink can I apply for the job of campaign manager??? I'll bring pizza to the meeting compliments of the campaign...... That's tax deductable isn't it ??????
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Necron wrote:I think Grot is on to something ................

Great ideas ................

I really like the first 3 ....................

Oh BTW ......... I vote for Hink for Pres ...... He has the look ........ and he can really org a game with all the fluff... Just the guy to pull off the multi day game ....... what braggin' rights would come from that ..... Hey Hink can I apply for the job of campaign manager??? I'll bring pizza to the meeting compliments of the campaign...... That's tax deductable isn't it ??????

sounds good there Mr. Dan, and hate we missed you at the tournament yesterday, you would have loved it. but I will have booked the convention center now for SMG events, i would also like to look at maybe having warmachine tournaments there as well with the 40k, but that is stuff we can discuss at the meeing. See yall at the meeting
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:22 pm

I'd be happy to be VP and will help out however I can.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm

I'd like to help out, but have to get my car fixed and with a baby on the way due in May I can't be overly active in the group. My apologies maybe next year on that. I'll probably be able to make it to the meeting, but will be the only time I can make it down in a while.

@AlmightyDM: I think you'd make a good VP man.

@Hinkel: I believe you'd make a good president since you like Brandon is active in the game so far. So how much you and your boys been playing Warmachine down there? Who's playing what factions? I know you said you'd be playing Cygnar right? I need to eventually come down and play against you guys.

Adam
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Man-of-War wrote:I'd like to help out, but have to get my car fixed and with a baby on the way due in May I can't be overly active in the group. My apologies maybe next year on that. I'll probably be able to make it to the meeting, but will be the only time I can make it down in a while.

@AlmightyDM: I think you'd make a good VP man.

@Hinkel: I believe you'd make a good president since you like Brandon is active in the game so far. So how much you and your boys been playing Warmachine down there? Who's playing what factions? I know you said you'd be playing Cygnar right? I need to eventually come down and play against you guys.

Adam

Not much on Warmachine, but that is why i wanted to start including them in the tournaments, i want to learn more about it as well, but i just ant had alot of time to do both right now, but i should after adepticon
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 pm

I understand that. I don't have a 40k army because I sold it all last march and gotten into Warmachine/Hordes then. Been keeping up with the Codex/rules for the game, but other than that haven't really been interested in getting an army going. Been proxying alot playing against a guy up here, but that's about it.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Also another suggestion since we on the subject. Once we get warmachine/hordes part of things going we also need to revive warhammer fantasy crowd a bit.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Prez: Hinkel
VP: Almighty DM sounds good too
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 am

grots life wrote:Going into the new year, here is a list of things that would be of interest to me.

1. Narrative campaign - Two teams. Three days. Six games.

2. SMG objective counters - Our logo (when we decide on one.) Lets cast it onto a 40mm base in resin.

3. Battle Bunker trip - Overnight trip to Memphis to play on the tables at the battle bunker.

4. SMG "invasion" of nearby game stores - Baton Rouge, Mettarie, Fairhope, Mandeville, Mobile all have game stores with tables and regular players within a short drive. Let's visit them as a club and meet and play new people in a non-tournament setting.

5. Ads in local school papers - Let's put some ads in school papers and see if we can't attract some new players.

6. Website - We don't have one.

7. Apocalypse game - The last one was great fun. Let's scale it down to a more manageable size and do it again.

I'm also thinking of ways to get people more active with the hobby. Painting seminars, list building classes, quarterly tournaments, a news letter, contests, Black Library book club. These are a few of the ideas I'm working on. New year, new edition, let's have fun with it.

cheers I support this! Maybe grot for prez? cheers
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 am

I accept your nomination of Grots for President.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 am

How about we do a Space Hulk Tournament? I've got two copies of the game, and I think there's at least one more out there. The games play pretty quickly. We can set up 3-4 tables each with a different mission, let everyone play each side on each table and determine winners based on win-loss record for each side (marines and tyranids.)
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Ive got thr Termies and Gene Steelers
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Don't forget that if you can't make it to the elections that you can cast your vote here
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 pm

I'll be there with a large list of ideas for the coming year.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth.Sugo Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Aight I cast my vote for:
1.) Hinkel - President
2.) Allmightydm - Vice President
3.) Jkpz28 - Scheduler
4.) Carl Ardvard85 - Web Master
Darth.Sugo
Darth.Sugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm

One thing that needs to be brought up is what is expected from the people if they get elected in these positions as well.
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah so if the president gets .... wow.. I thought about typing that in, but then I don't want to end up on a watch list lol.

So a vp, likely steps in during the lapse of a club president and assists in club functions. IE. I think I can get some new blood to start playing. It seems like we have an open group of gamers willing to help out new people. As long as its not during a tournament Twisted Evil
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Steve Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 pm

I nominate Aardvark for vice president.

I nominate myself as "he who keeps Patrick in line".

Heretic Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Heretic Steve wrote:

I 2nd that vote lmao.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Heretic Steve wrote:I nominate Aardvark for vice president.

we did make a good team didnt we? lol so does that mean Carl is wanting VP now?
Someone does need to keep patrick in check to lol
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

if martino has to keep me in line then i nominate chad knight as "he who keeps the martino in line"
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next