Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Meeting Minutes 31 Jul 11

5 posters

Go down

Club Meeting Minutes 31 Jul 11 Empty Club Meeting Minutes 31 Jul 11

Post  AArdvark085 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok today we had our first club meeting and it was well attended. Below you will find a summary of the discussions we had! Hope to see you at the next meeting which will be on 21 Aug 11 at 1300 at Jaks.

Topic 1: Next Month’s Schedule

We discussed attending other tournaments that are posted in the schedule section.
- 07 Aug 11 Jaks
- 13 Aug 11 Ard Boys Little Wars in Baton Rouge or Mini War Gaming in Fairhope
- 20 Aug 11 40K Tournament Little Wars
- 26 - 28 Aug 11 the Nova Open, Washington DC - Steve M and I will be attending
- 4 Sep 11 Jaks
- 10 and 11 Club Apoc Game
17 Sep Legion Wars Hattiesburg MS

Topic 2: Club Shirts and Business Cards

We discussed the need for unique shirts and business cards. There was a suggestion of merging the 19th Legion and SMG into one which we will need to discuss a little further. I think between Bruce and I we can probably take care of the business cards we just need a logo. Shirts are going to be about 15.00 each depending on the design and type of shirt we choose. More to follow.

Topic 3: We discussed the desire to have the ability to play games outside of Jaks as there are several club members who are banned for various reasons. To enable that we will need to scout locations we can get for free or for very cheap. We will need terrain and tables of our own. We agreed that we should have terrain building days and that everyone could chip in a little to help purchase the materials we need. The end goal should be enough terrain and tables that we can host our own medium size regional tournament here in Biloxi! We will come up with a plan to make this happen soon. Keep in mind Jaks is still our home store and we are not bailing on Sonny. However we need an answer for members who cannot and will not play there.

Topic 4: We elected club officers. They are

President: Me! AArdvark085
Vice President: Stuart
Treasure: Chris
Scheduler: Patrick -

Other topics we discussed were:

Grots had several great suggestions for club activities. We will work together to make sure these events are placed in the schedule.
Everyone was encouraged to get the word out about the club. Once we get the business cards and flyers this will be allot easier.
Logan was made the club POC for all things War Machine and he will become a moderator on the War Machine section of the forum.

Last edited by AArdvark085 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Club Meeting Minutes 31 Jul 11 Empty Re: Club Meeting Minutes 31 Jul 11

Post  fallen Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 am

If you ever get the regional tourney off the ground, let me know I'll help judge it and I'll loan my terrain for the event, got enough for 2 tables I believe.

Also, good luck to both you and Steve at Nova.
fallen
fallen

Back to top Go down

Club Meeting Minutes 31 Jul 11 Empty my union hall

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:07 pm

As for another place to hold club events and meetings I believe I found I can get my union hall for $150.00 for the whole day! I will have confirmation of this by the end of the day. There are plenty of chairs and tables, but I would like to meet up with one of the club organizers on either a Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday to look it over the location.
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Last update it is $150.00 for the rental and there is a 75.00 cleaning deposit that we get back if we clean up after ourselves! And even only another 75.00 for security if we want alcohol! XD LOL
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm

I counted 16 people at the meeting.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Stuart, not stewart. No big deal, just wanna stop it before it catches on Smile