Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andyvan in the man

5 posters

Go down

Andyvan in the man Empty Andyvan in the man

Post  andyvan Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Howdy. Andyvan here, I'me the one who plays the Knights Errant, the quartered red adn white army with hats! I've been playing warhammer since 3rd edition.
It all started when i was into building and painting 1-144 Gundam models and was looking for a store that sold them. i saw Jak's in the phone book and got a ride from Grampa. When i entered i was taken aback. Rows and rows of boxes and blisters. However, wen i looked they weren't the kind iwas looking for.

"Tiny men? This is madness!!" i cried

"This is Jak's!" replied sonny.

I looked around and thought "If i learn to paint the little models well, i could paint gundams better!"
With that i purchased a box set of paint that came with 5 space marines. I can still remember how proud i was of the horrible mess i made. (imagin an ultramarine painted by a 5 year old) Online, i look up the game "warhammer 40,000". Instantly i fell in love with the eldar. Later that month i went back to Jaks to learn how to play. One guy showed me the rules and how things work. He told me i should start with marines becasue they are easier for new players to learn. I still baught Uthway becaue he looke badass. After painting him as best i could, i entered jaks painting compotition. Dispite losing i kept on painting. Reading forums and buying the guides. My collection grew and i started to carry them in a Green and Tan Fishing tacklebox.

anyway.. thats my story... so...

yeah...

andyvan

Back to top Go down

Andyvan in the man Empty Re: Andyvan in the man

Post  grots life Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Welcome. I've been painting for years and someday aspire to my figures looking like a five year old painted them.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Welcome andyvan! And ill have ur ten bucks on sat or Sunday lol
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Welcome to the club I'm finding that the modeling aspect of the game is becoming more and more fun as I play
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 pm

welcome welcome welcome!!!!
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content