Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the inquisition war

5 posters

Go down

the inquisition war Empty the inquisition war

Post  Despoiler Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Anybody read this book? Looks like its a long book. Worth the read or junk it? Asking around here cuz maybe some of you guys have picked it up in the past and I just don't feel like lookin it up. more than half the 40k fiction I've read really isn't fit for tp. Anyways....
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

the inquisition war Empty Re: the inquisition war

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:07 pm

I've never read it before. I've heard of it, but haven't read it. I've tried reading eisenhorn which is another inquisition book and that ended with me putting the omnibus down.... I can't get into it for some reason.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm slowly working my way through the Blood Angels Omnibus. I picked up six books at JAKs half-priced book day. I'm still waiting to be drawn into the story.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Oh the first book of that is slow, second is pretty good. I like the last two books of the blood angels series. Red fury and black tide are awesome because they have my favorite 2nd founding chapter from blood angels the flesh tearers in it.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:12 am

Been my exp that reading about marines is lame mostly they're one trick ponies so I'm hoping to enjoy it, I know nemesis was really slow, and ultrasmurf omni was decent so maybe Ian Watson will do the inquisition justice. Maybe
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 am

Now that you mention it that should be a good book I think. Ian watson writes good from what I hear.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Finished the inquisition war, couldn't put it down. It's One of the best 40k novels I've read. Second only to maybe a thousand sons or the first heretic. It wasnt all space marine, involved harlequins, tyrannids, rogue inquisitors and a galaxy spanning conspiracy. I did like when it brought marines in they weren't just one dimensional posthumans, it really fleshed out the imperial fists for me. Id recommend it to any fan that likes 40k books
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

so after reading the first half of the horus heresy series I have decided I'm done with them.... for every one good book there are two that are super slow. Th eblood angels books are pretty good I think I'm going to read the fear the alien books next
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah most of the heresy novels suck, its like finding a gem embedded in a really big rock, ya gotta dig for the good stuff. Only a handful are any good. A thousand sons, prospero burns, the first heretic, legion was ok, descent of angels, and I can't remember the other about caliban but it was ok, the rest are just expensive toilet paper
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm finding that the grey knight omnibus is good. I'm in the first book so far and even the slow bits are interesting to me. I would say it is worth a look.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down