Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Forgeworld knockoffs

+5
m00ndragon
Orikl
AArdvark085
Despoiler
grots life
9 posters

Go down

Chinese Forgeworld knockoffs Empty Chinese Forgeworld knockoffs

Post  grots life Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I ordered a set of grot tanks from the Chinese counterfeit site and they came in. Gotta hand it to the Chinese, these things are exact copies and the quality isn't too bad. I'll be assembling them today. I have to make sure to mark each one so I will be able to tell the difference between them and the originals.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Chinese Forgeworld knockoffs Empty Re: Chinese Forgeworld knockoffs

Post  Despoiler Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Was it cheaper to buy it from the counterfeit site?
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:57 pm

$38 instead of $100. Free shipping too.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm

The tanks went together easily. I even put some Chinese parts onto the original forge world tanks. I'll post some photo's tomorrow.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:54 pm

What's the site? I kinda wanna check it out
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 pm

how about a web site?
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:25 pm

The darker ones are Forgeworld and the light ones are knockoffs, but looking at them in person, I can't tell them apart aside from the color.

Chinese Forgeworld knockoffs 189b482a

Last edited by grots life on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Orikl Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 pm

what other nockoffs they got? i amy grab ups some fw stuff
Orikl
Orikl

https://www.facebook.com/mattiespandaranch

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

they have alot of the warhammer fantasy chaos orges and chaos trolls. they do shoulder pads and torso for certain chapters. i seen some stuff for rhinos and landraiders also. my bro picked up some chaos plague toads and they were perfect. gotta love the Chinese. hahaha i beleive on ebay the seller name is mambigbig.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Uktena Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 pm

I've been doing some thinking on this whole counterfeiting thing. I've come to the conclusion not to buy them. Why? It is in the end hurting us, the players. Sure we belly-ache about GW's high prices but then turn around and buy cut-rate foreign knock-offs that steals business from GW and in the end they have to raise their prices even more.

A few more thing I've figured out. Those guys making the counterfeits don't have any regulations watching what they are doing. And I doubt they give a damn about you, they just want money and are breaking the law to do it. Sound like someone you want to trust? You just don't know what the hell they are making their resins out of or what chemicals they are using during the manufacturing process. And you are bringing those potentially hazardous materials into your homes with your kids and your pets.

Another thing about counterfeits, there is no telling how badly they are made. They may look great on the outside but you just never know.

Lastly, the more counterfeit items people then the more items that are put into the after-market. Thus the more likely you are to be buying them from others at normal prices. You have no way to tell if a model is counterfeit when seeing it on Ebay or maybe even when buying it in person. And going back to my points above, I don't want those things in my collection or home.

Glad to get that off my chest. I'm not telling anyone what to buy or not to buy. I just want people to be better informed.
Uktena
Uktena

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Mon May 07, 2012 11:35 am

All good points uktena, however, i'd like to split a few hairs, if i may...

"Stealing business from GW" as capitalists we have a vote, and we vote with our money. If we thing gw's prices are high we tell them so by not voting for them. If we think their prices are fair, we tell them so by buying their products.

"No regulations" a very good point. We all hate a shotty (did i miss spell that? I think theres an "i" in there somewhere) product, and we, as Americans love to pay for quality. Quality that wont break under the rigors of play, quality that will make it to the table in one piece, and quality that wont poison our kids and pets! So I totally agree with you here.

"Flagrant lawbreakers" in this day and age its tough to know where your money is going. If you buy a GI Joe are you sending money to fund al qaeda? Are you feeding some child labor factory in taiwan? Business like this without a reporting agency, are capitalizing on a legal loophole and are clearly not above using that money for even more shiesty stuff.

The TLDNR version? Dont buy evil chinese products! Build your own! We can all make most of the tanks and stuff out there with a little effort (granted my efforts are pretty pitiful lol) check out Scratch Build 40k
for great ideas and tips on making your own vehicles!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Mon May 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I just have to say that I've bought one model so far and it tastes fine to me. Very Happy I have a personal grudge against GW because of the grey knight release. I feel that they simply forced many existing players, all 12 of us, to choose between mutilating the metal figures or buying all new plastic figures due to the rules and option changes. This was a real punch to my wallet, even though I had already puchased models legally. Actions like that are why I choose to find cheaper products where I can. If I do sell my knock off model, buyers will be told what the product they are paying for by me. I would, however, like to say that buying forgeworld from them would be a good idea, but they are incredibly expensive, so if your wallet does not allow for the purchase, try making it for fun first. You might like your own work better. Very Happy

My 2 cents.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon May 07, 2012 2:22 pm

GW annually raises prices 200-400% above the rate of inflation. Perhaps the Chinese wouldn't be so successful if Games Workshop wasn't helping them so much. The quality is there too. I'll be making an actual Forgeworld order again soon too. The exchange rate favors us now, and the Chinese don't offer a lot of variety.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  m00ndragon Mon May 07, 2012 4:27 pm

just think of those poor Australians. going to sleep one day and waking up to see gw raises prices on you by 67% for no reason... sucks for them.
m00ndragon
m00ndragon

Back to top Go down

Post  AetherStorm Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 am

I for one think the Chinese knock off are awesome, I just received my contemptor dreadnought in the mail from china and as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with it, i only noticed a slight colour difference between a normal forge world piece and a knock off, I've gotta say that as an Australian i have been ripped off my GWS for many years now, the inflation between the UK prices and the Australian price is double the price, that is because of conversion rates between currency, but then they add another 40 to even 50 dollars to the price of a miniature, i have began to buy my miniatures directly from a UK GWS store, i will not name the store because GWS has already tried to ban them from selling to people not in the northern hemisphere, they are still GWS made miniatures but i am not going to be paying a ridiculous amount of money for something i can get for 40 to 100 dollars cheaper and with free postage, I for one as an Australian am over paying overinflated prices.

AetherStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down