Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

4 posters

Go down

Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Empty Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 am

So my group ran this adventure some time back when it was still in the 3.5 rulesset and Paizo has finally released the updated version. It is a classic dungeons and dragons type adventure that takes you from a new adventurer to an epic world changing hero (or villian). I've seen a fair number of changes, which amount to fine polishing of an already great adventure as well as filling it out where there were some great places to add extra material. Overall anyone who's into DnD/Pathfinder or just wants to give tabletop rpgs a shot should really give this one a try. There is a great community over at Paizo.com that has created tons of fan artwork, additional plots, ecounters, and all sorts of cool twists to customize your playthrough.

I will say that after Hinkel over here in Pascagoula sets up his gaming room, I will definitely be running either this adventure or possibly running some stuff out of the starter sets so people can get their first taste of Pathfinder. Either ways I know there were a few people interested in learning and I'm a well versed dm at this point.

This will be the third time I've run a group through this adventure, so its pretty cool to just see how different people tackle similar situations.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Empty Re: Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Post  fulange Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Indeed, it was a great AP, and you ran it well. I had a blast (both times lol). Are you gonna run it again?
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Empty Re: Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Post  grots life Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Pazio's anniversary sale ended on the 13th. I bought a ton of stuff. Still looking for Giants Revisited for $15 or less.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Yes, I'm looking at running RotRL Anniversary Edition or picking up the Starter Box just to teach anyone interested in learning how to play/dm, but this will be after Hinkel's building is in place. Since two days a week are already tied up with gaming as well as the upcoming release of Guild Wars 2, I'm looking for a place in town to do it, and it might be bimonthly or be a long weekend killer game. I'll probably also "mod" the game so the players feel more like an adventuring guild, given there's probably going to be alot of rotation as far as players go.

I doubt I'll run it with a kingmaker variant, even though I'd really like to, it adds a layer of complexity on an already great adventure. The kingmaker rules themself run better using the Book of the River Nations supplement, which expands upon what I would consider an incredible "beta" set of rules. As far as the sale, BotRN would be a great buy if it already wasn't so cheap.

My next purchase might be the GameMastery Guide paper format or the Shattered Star AP, but currently I have the pdf of the GMG and I really don't have time to read through Shattered Star as I'm running Kingmaker and putting alot of custom stuff in it, especially drawing from other Adventure Paths.

I'm going to be running this for SMG members so we can grow our gaming community and broaden the scope of the SMG.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 pm

My fiancee n i roleplay n id be interested to try it.
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am

Sweet! I'll probably end up limiting the group size to 6. We'll work out a day to game on, I'd prefer an afternoon Mon, Wednesday, Friday, or if we end up looking at a bimonthly game on Saturday/Sunday.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:18 am

Our days off ar never the same... i sunno if wed be able to commit to showing up any one day of the week...
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum