Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chad's List 1999pts

+5
thecapn226
AArdvark085
Necron
AllmightyDM
CKO
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chad's List 1999pts - Page 2 Empty Re: Chad's List 1999pts

Post  Necron Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 pm

So fella you have your list and I have mine .......... How about that game sometimes Smile
Merry Christmas to you and yours and to all that follow these musings .............................Smile
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 am

You will be my first opponent when my new list is fully painted Necron! Sad part is I have to get it paid for, built, and painted. I made a vow to only play with painted models to force myself to get them painted. I want to play really really bad but the army has to be painted and with me constantly changing my list it is hard to get a list painted. Until then I will enjoy observing and watching because I love tactics so much that I enjoy watching and asking questions just to try to learn new tactics. Check out my list in another thread I created!

CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 pm

thecapn226 wrote:They have a power weapon. You look at the specific model used and see what it has. If he models them with axes, they have axes RAW.

The official model has a sword. That would most likely be the official ruling. If you go by your concept, you would be modeling for advantage. Under this, I could just model all of my deathcult assassins with power mauls and run around with str6 smackery. This is not like Astorath having an ax, as officially modeled, and the codex calls it a power weapon or even Black templars that have axes in their official releases. The crusaders do not have true modeling options and are always shown with swords. I would like to see an official ruling on the matter. I do like your stance but I cannot really agree with it. If that is how we, as a club, would play it, that would open up some niffty play options.

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 pm

As I understand any model with a "power weapon" option can be modeled with a variety of different power weapons. The actual weapon modeled is what you reference ie. lance, maul, sword, or axe. As long as it is not an "unusual power weapon."
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm

AllmightyDM wrote:As I understand any model with a "power weapon" option can be modeled with a variety of different power weapons. The actual weapon modeled is what you reference ie. lance, maul, sword, or axe. As long as it is not an "unusual power weapon."

Yes another example of this is in the current chaos space marine codex the entry is Power Weapon which covers all bases so you have to model the model with an axe, sword, or whatever you want.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 pm

CKO wrote:Necron thank you for the compliment, I am an outsider very few understand me. I have accepted it all I can do is continue to try and hope that people find me odd and give me the same respect I give them. It is frustrating at times because I am so powerless when it comes to this and I try so hard but despite my effort some people have already judged me and it makes me want to rebel and say f it, but I dont because I believe in the human heart.

Heretic Steve wrote:Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.

-Yoda

Sometimes you have to fight the devil with a daemon!

I don't find you odd either man. Also I'm one of the weird folk as well.
scratch I suppose masterminds like many of us are that way as well for the most part.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Power weapon ruling is in the BRB. Nothing in the BRB says you have to use the official model. This separates the game from other suchk as warmachine that has strict modeling rules.

After reading the banter between Heretic and CKO I did the only logical thing. Put a tequila gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger Smile
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 am

Steve and I are playing with each other, friendly rivalry thats all.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2