Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table

+4
Dr. Hans Zarkov
fulange
Hinkel
AllmightyDM
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table Empty Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 am

For those interested or daring enough, I will be running a Pathfinder game at the Gautier convention center. You can bring a level 1 character produced from the Pathfinder Corebook or any non-third party Paizo (pathfinder) expansion book. I will be running a scenario and you are welcome to come jump in at any time.

Character creation is as follows:
Ability bonuses must add to 10, before racial templates. Aka No rolling dice, Strength 18 is a +4, that's 4 of your ability bonus points. First level hitpoints are max, you must take average starting gold and only half of it can be spent on any 1 item, no more.

If you are interested and will be playing drop a post here. If you are new to the game, this will be a great time to sit down and play between 40k matches. I will have a few pregenerated characters to tinker with. My regulars will tell you that I'm not afraid to gak a player character, but I run a good game. I'll probably be running this at every other game day. So that's once every other month.

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table Untitled_zps36539141

Last edited by AllmightyDM on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table Empty Re: Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Just as an update, unless I have to adapt otherwise, I will be running my new copy of Rise of the Runelords Anniversary edition, if you have already played this adventure I will have part of the scenario adapted so it will be different. If too many people have played this scenario I'll have Kingmaker book 1 as a backup.

Edit: And just for fun, I will not have a player limit, usually I limit my games to about 6 players.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table Empty Re: Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm

You might want to post this on gulf coast gamers as well
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm not sure they use their website... do they have a forum? Or what's Bill's email, I'll try and get his people to sign up here too.

We probably need to make some accommodations on our forums for them. Ie. Add a Traveler Topic, or a MSGCGC forum sub topic so they can chatter.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

AllmightyDM wrote:I'm not sure they use their website... do they have a forum? Or what's Bill's email, I'll try and get his people to sign up here too.

We probably need to make some accommodations on our forums for them. Ie. Add a Traveler Topic, or a MSGCGC forum sub topic so they can chatter.

There Facebook page or you can type up the details and I can email mr bill he will put it on the flyer
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:09 pm

color me interested
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm

This is mostly going to be a learn to play thing, but it should be alot of fun.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 am

Just wanted to mention that if you know anyone who might be interested in playing Pathfinder, who might not be a member of SMG or the GCG, or even the SGC or SG-1 that they are welcome to come learn and play.

If you are a member of the SGC I need your autograph or at least a voucher for one trip through the stargate.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Hans Zarkov Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Im interested. Should we pick classses before hand so we dont have a party of five clerics and a rogue?
Dr. Hans Zarkov
Dr. Hans Zarkov

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:20 pm

It doesn't bother me to have lopsided parties or even no cleric parties. I'm not sure how many random people are going to jump in, but I will have a stack of pregens of all base classes ready. If you want to go ahead and call dibs on something that's fine too!

If you want to read up on the adventure go to paizo.com and check out the rise of the runelords player's guide.
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8bd9?Pathfinder-Rise-of-the-Runelords-Players-Guide

It will have invalueable information as far as human cultures, languages, and odds and ends equipment.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Hans Zarkov Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:42 pm

I also have a tackle box of minis i can bring and two grid maps
Dr. Hans Zarkov
Dr. Hans Zarkov

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Feel free, I have a bunch of themed vinyl mats, a bowl of dice, and two small tubs of minis.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Hans Zarkov Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 pm

I got my rulebook in today. How do you want us to do hit points and starting gold?
Dr. Hans Zarkov
Dr. Hans Zarkov

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Pathfinder gives max hitpoints at first level.

Starting gold, you can take the average or roll when you get to the table, either ways you have to keep the result.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey SMG people, even if you aren't going to be playing my Pathfinder game, tell your friends and aquantences because every entry fee paid to SMG helps to keep the convention center open, helps with terrain, and tournament prize support.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:15 pm

The flyer will be coming up here in a little bit today, food will be served by gulf coast gamers, 50cent cokes and candy, and dollar hot dogs. Remember to get with me for the $5 entry as well
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table Untitled_zps36539141
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 am

I will be running my Pathfinder table in April, for those interested.
================================================
Character creation is as follows:

Level 1

Ability bonuses must add to 10, before racial templates. Aka No rolling dice, Strength 18 is a +4, that's 4 of your ability bonus points. First level hitpoints are max, you must take average starting gold and only half of it can be spent on any 1 item, no more.

FAQ
How much money do we start with?
Starting gold, you can take the average or roll when you get to the table, either ways you have to keep the result.

I want to play X race, can I?
I'm only using core races, not the featured or the uncommon races.

Can I play X class?
You can play any paizo published class, but bring a book for it. No third party material, there's way to much out there.

Can I take Traits?
Yes, you can have up to 2 traits, I will have a short list, if you have others, please bring the book they are in.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm

can we reference the SRD?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Monthly Game Day Pathfinder open table Empty Re:Monthly Game day Pathfinder Open Table

Post  ozblast1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 pm

I am interested and will be working on a character sometime this week hopefully. I throughly plan on attending and look forward to meeting all of you.

Last edited by ozblast1 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : need to make more clear)

ozblast1

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 am

@ Pat - SRD is fine, just don't stray into the evil 3PP sections (3rd party publisher). I know there are several hundred traits to choose from on there and I like to use them myself.

@ Ozblast - Sounds great, looking forward to seeing what you are bringing.

There is a player's guide that is particularly helpful, it gives advice on making "hometown heroes" that this game gives you the feel of. It points new characters to have ties to the small seaside town of Sandpoint. PM me your email if you would like a copy, it also includes some minor info on the gods of Golarion, which I think aren't OGL so they will not be on the SRD.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  md113 Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 pm

I am interested in this. I just discovered you guys last night. My friends who I played DnD 3rd ed with moved away, so I haven't played any table top game in a long time. Never Pathfinder although I'm definitely interested. So..basically a newb. Gotta start somewhere though. At minimum, what do I need to come prepared with?

md113

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm

I will have pregenerated characters and a pair of corebooks. I can help with creation, please feel free to invite others.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  md113 Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Great thanks. Do you have a time planned to start? I'd like to check out the Ocean Springs Art & Antiques Market first. It starts at 10am as well. Just trying to work out a schedule.

md113

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am

I should be there around 9.30 setting up. I'm ready to go as soon as 10 and I can run all sorts of side stuff until people get there. Ill probably close up around 5 pm or whenever all the players have to split.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum