Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis

2 posters

Go down

Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis Empty Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis

Post  Ultramarine Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey guys.  Ultramarine here.  My name is Kevin Avent and I founded Adeptus Memphis about 11 years ago and wanted to stop in and check out your group.  Feel free to stop in on our forums as well and check out the info for tabletop gaming in the Memphis, TN area.  Adeptusmemphis.org/forums

Ultramarine

Back to top Go down

Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis Empty Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis

Post  Necron Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 pm

Kevin, Ultra...)

Welcome to our little slice of the world. Checked out your site and was impressed, very nice job ..... congratulations. SMG is a pretty cool group and I guess I'm the old man. Not that I'm a club officer but just the old man.....started gaming with AH when I was about 12 so I guess I have 49 years experience. Played 40K from day one. Back in the RT days .... I even have my first two SM's .... Sam and Joe...Both MK1 Iron Armor. You know the plates attached with leather straps....

We had a small APOC game today 8,000 points a side. Pretty cool ... wish you could have joined us... You are always welcome should you find yourself on the coast.

BTW I do coordinate a fringe game ( fringe for SMG ... our strongest showing are 40K and Hordes but have sizable groups in other games as well) FOG for SMG. FOG(Fields of Glory) is a historical miniature game (15mm scale) of ancient (1500 BC to 1500 AD) armies. SMG hosts two Regional FOG tournaments a year. Some of the best gaming in the nation. Do ya'll have any historical miniature players in your group? If so I would love to get in touch with them..... You/they can start contact through a Private Msg on this site ....Just write to Necron ....... I'm here most every day...

Again welcome ... Hope to game with you some time....

Necron
Dan Dr.
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis Empty Re: Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis

Post  Ultramarine Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey Necron...thanks for the welcome.

We do have several historical players, mostly WWII that play FoW and Bolt Action.

Ultramarine

Back to top Go down

Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis Empty Re: Ultramarine reporting in from Adeptus Memphis

Post  Necron Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:04 am

U,

Way Cool ..... Hope we can get together sometime and play a round or so... Planning on a big FOG tourney in Oct ..... Will post some battle reports ... very interesting stuff ... give a look when we are done.. better yet come and play Smile FOG is not your normal 40K although my samurai army could use a few first co terminies Smile
N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:43 am

U,

Thought you might want to see some additional stuff on FOG. SMG is affiliated with my FOG group, as I said SMG hosts 2 FOG tourneys a year with players drawn from the Gulf Coast Circuit and the wider national South east region ... DC to Dallas to Houston.... Memphis is certainly in that area. We draw from a strong group in B'ham AL Thought you and others might want to see a little more: Check out this link and associated pages:

GCC Circuit FOG

Have a great day

N
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down