Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ork tactics

+2
AllmightyDM
Despoiler
6 posters

Go down

ork tactics Empty ork tactics

Post  Despoiler Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:39 pm

This isn't a thread about how to use orks, I don't know how. Just started (kinda) my first xenos army. With all the 'nid players, necron, eldar, and tau, I don't notice much on Here about orks. Ive got my hand on two sets of aobr orks-- 2 warbosses, 6 deffkoptas, 10 nobz, and 40 boyz--
What I'm interested in is finding out solid ork tactics from former or present ork players. I'm kinda leaning toward a green tide(180 boyz and whatever else I can fit in) but I'm on the fence about it. Any help would be...helpful, thanks.
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

ork tactics Empty Re: ork tactics

Post  AllmightyDM Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm not an ork player, but their trucks that hold 20 units or so seem to be common.

I've seen several ork players do well foot slogging across the map. With so many armies dedicated to anti-tank, spamming on the other side with troops could work. Any extreme is bound to get results.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Well chris I thought you'd be sticking with marines a while. I guess I should have listened to you when you said you'd do ork eventually....

I've seen Ork Canwall lists work(3 three can squads, Big Mek with Kustom Force Field backing them up, can throw in a Deffdread as troops) , Ork Speedfreaks with bikers(Nob bikers as major hammer unit), I've seen someone else on here *Looks a pat* run a full 10 man meganob force mixed in with canwall... Seen also john on here run 3 ten man lootas that shoots better than marines do with them... So it has alot of options for lists.... But as alot of other players online I've seen said.... Welcome to the random army man don't worry when you do lose... Just have fun anyways...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Orks never lose. It's all about the body count. Doesn't matter if those bodies are green or not. I ran a Green Tide in the club apocalypse game. They weren't a Tide so much as they were the Green Target, but oh, the orbital bombardments they called down at the start!
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

ork tactics Empty welll letss see did some one say oiks or orks

Post  mouser04 Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 am

yea it me john i run 3 ten man lootas
for the life of me i shoot better with ork than i do in melleee combat[i cheated peanut butter works everytime cuase it stik to the target Very Happy Shocked
thrakka
old zoggy[zog wort]
4 30 boy all cc[close combat]
nobs with pk [and no boss pole why thrakka and zog multiple waaagh] but its an option
1 30 boys
nob pk
3 big shoota
and have zoggy run with them gotta love the ere we go spell whiiiiiiip pow helllo heres si am dakkka dakkka
anti tanks in the mobs pk
2000pts

or the one i just played

thrakka
5 meganobs
mad dok with them
spend points to the nobs with dok special rules

3 30boys nobs pk fourth troops is the mega nobs

3 squads each of killa kans each with grots zookas
2000pts [seems like im missing something here or not oh well heres an example of list

but its all how u want to play either play ur own style or look at others and build from that stand point of veiw
it no cake walk i picked n proded till i got my green tide workn to way i wanted and look at what type of army i played against like pie plate army [hordes nitemare] im not gonna put all my boys in or reserves em or depend on what tactics u gonna do like me if my opponent gonna back up when i advance forword to them and they gonna shoot me nope i not gonna chase em that why i have lootas to shoot at them or i bait em in and attack em its all depends on how u want to play orks

heheheh got GOT TO got to waaaaaaaaaaaagh or WAAAAAGH OR LIKE I DID TO ELDAR [meow wagh] yes pointed at u objective stealer heheh[no pund What a Face Shocked Cool Laughing ]
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 am

Cool, I got some good ideas from yall, thanks gonna stew over it for a few days maybe playtest a few lists and see what works for me before I yank any teef.. ha..
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 am

Can't wait to play against them man at your place or mine whichever we end up doing... You have enough marines to proxy the rest of it so you can get the feel of it.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:03 am

I am not a ork player and I have never played orks, but I think I can help you out as a young ork player. Twenty plus Orks in cover is very difficult to kill, by putting them on an objective in the very back you basically are going to have that objective unless they use some type of outflanking manuevere. You are nearly invincible the only thing you have to worry about is multiple templats such as flamers, Leman Russes, and Manticores. You also have to be concern with units that can force you to take alot of fearless armour saves in cc.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

ork tactics Empty fear

Post  mouser04 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:43 pm

fealess we know no fear .
that what im hoping that next rules come out that they change that stupid rule cuase fearless check hurts horde army[orks] but i remedied that problem by reading up army mob up special rule
i really mob my boyz in a multiple of squads as in not 1 squad of 30 boys running but 2 or 3 mobs running beside each other and spreading them out to where templates dont hurt me as much there is something bout seeing a wall of boys comming at u
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm a fan of batteries of lobbas and shok attack guns. Blast templates deviating randomly all over the battlefield can really make a mess of carefully made battle plans. And it doesn't matter if you hit friend or foe, as long as you hit something.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

ork tactics Empty puuuurfect

Post  mouser04 Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:22 pm

way to go orkish style all de way
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content