Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night lords winged heads.... opinions?

4 posters

Go down

Night lords winged heads.... opinions? Empty Night lords winged heads.... opinions?

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 am

I believe I'll start collecting nightlords this year and stick with them for a while... I think you all seen the nightlords winged helms... In the fluff they are ceremonial. So I think I'll just put one here or there to represent the champs in each squad or maybe chosen as well will have them and the chaos lord may buy the collectible version of that nightlord chaos lord... From what I've read of other people getting them is the heads out of the conversion pack are a little small so I may end up chopping the wings off and pinning them to a regular sized head... This is the list I'm going to try to start to get eventually... Not posting points cause I don't really want to at the moment...

Chaos Lord
Chaos Sorceror
Daemon Prince
Daemon Prince

squad of chosen
squad of chosen
terminator squad
landraider transport

3-4 regular squads of chaos marines
all with rhinos for transports

2 squads of raptors

2 vindicators

Anyway that's what I'll be working towards... Just wanted you guys opinion on the winged helms... I know they aren't everyones favorite thing, but still. They look small on the GW site to me..
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Night lords winged heads.... opinions? Empty Re: Night lords winged heads.... opinions?

Post  grots life Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:47 pm

I like 'em. Makes the guys look like characters from Groo the Wanderer.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Night lords winged heads.... opinions? Empty Re: Night lords winged heads.... opinions?

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Night lords rock! And so to those winged helms!
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:26 am

thanks for the opinions fellas... you kinda cemented my choice on what project to do next.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Actually I'll wait until the new chaos legions codex comes out to do them. Won't make actual choice until I have their codex in hand when it gets here.... Hopefully they don't screw up my favorite legion. Mean while I'll do a loyalist chapter.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:47 am

Iron hands?
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:20 am

Slaanesh Rosy Palms?
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:56 pm

grots life wrote:Slaanesh Rosy Palms?

Gross! Lol
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Astral claws? pre eye of terror?
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Nah I'll do Iron Hands.. I figure I can pull off some really good conversions with them. It'll give me something to do while I wait for the new chaos legions codex....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:40 pm

The astral claws from forgeworld look awesome, but if I had to pick something from the badab war to do I'd pick carcharodon astra(space sharks), red scorpions, or minotaurs chapter... Which I'm waiting on forgeworld to bring out space sharks doors and shoulderpads for marines *keeps fingers crossed*. They brought out the minotaurs chapter which isn't bad and the red scorpions they've had forever, but I thought that the carcharadons would be more awesome. I'll give ya examples of each chapter master you can field.....

Each HQ uses the codex: Space marines

Chapter master Moloc (235 points) Minotaurs
ws 6.. bs 5.. str 4.. t 4.. w 4.. In 5.. at 3.. ld 10.. sv 2+/3++
Gear:
Terminator armor
Stormshield
Black spear-Relic blade with a single shot weapon in it. 12 inch, str 8, ap 2, assault 1, 1 use.
Abilities:
Chapter tactics: All units gains preferred enemy: Space Marines
Combat tactics
Dark Fury: He and the squad he is with is fearless and has assault grenades
Eternal warrior
Fearless
Independant character
Orbital bombardment

Chapter master Tyberos the Red wake (190 points) Space Sharks
ws 6.. bs 5.. str 4.. t 4.. w 3.. In 5.. at 4.. Ld 10.. sv 2+/5++
Gear:
Terminator armor
Teleport homer
Hunger & Slake: Counts as a dual pair of lightning claws or chainfists and can divide the attacks freely in an assault.
Abilities:
ATSKNF like all marines have
combat tactics
Independant character
Battle Fever- Should tyberos be subject to rage... He gains preferred enemy against the last army type of that unit he defeated.
The Red Breathren- A single Lightning claw equipped assault terminator group can be taken as troops. In addition any tactical marine can swap his bolter for CCW for free.
Chapter Tactics- All units gain furious charge. Any unit that wins in close combat gains rage: place a suitable marker where this has accured to show this.

Chapter master culln (215 points) Red Scorpions
ws 6.. bs 5.. str 4.. t 4.. w 3.. In 5.. at 4.. ld 10.. sv 2+/4++
Gear:
Terminator armor
iron halo
teleport homer
Blade of the scorpion- master crafted relic blade. If cullns ws is greater than the highest ws of the enemy or enemies he's fighting, he gains bonus attacks equal to the difference to the highest weaponskill of the enemies and his.
Master crafted stormbolter
Abilites:
ATSKNF
Chapter tactics- Veteran sarges in your tactical squads can be swapped for apothicaries at no cost
combat tactics
eternal warrior
Independant character
Obital bombardment
Proud to live, proud to die, hard to kill- he and units within 12 add 1 to their assault resolution scores.

These are the guys I was actually thinking on doing next year one of these three. I'll bring this up at the next meeting to see if one of these can be allowed in tournaments otherwise it'll be iron hands for me. I doubt they'll let me in tournaments at jaks simply cause it's imperial armour 10 and I know that stuff isn't allowed in real big tournaments. So that's where I'm drawing the line at the moment is if that plan falls through I have a backup.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:56 pm

So no more comments from the peanut gallery on this subject? I thought we where doing well on this so far... Heres another question... Would you let a person field Tyberos against you? He flips the codex marines around and makes them assaulty.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:13 am

Since I've never actually played marines, despite owning tons of them, I can't offer any real tips, but maybe you can build the Space Wolves sub-chapter the Leg Humpers. Seriously, look at Ultramarines, nobody plays them so nobody knows how to deal with them either.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 am

I say if you can show us the stat lines why couldnt you play it?
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:26 am

I wasn't meaning you grot cause I know you don't play astartes... I meant from other people...

Yeah I get your point wolf.... but there are some gamers I know that will have a problem with me fielding him in a tournament at jaks simply because It's straight out of an imperial armour book. I know this from arguements that go on in other sites online between gamers... That's why I'll bring this up at the next club meeting this thursday in the chat...
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 am

If u pay the points for tyberos (whatever) then play him...
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Are the Imperial Armor armies really that unbalanced or is it just a matter of cost that keeps the rules out of the hands of most people?
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Im pretty sure its just the cost of the rules cause tyberos (whatever) is no more powerful than mephiston or vulkan...
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Alot of the arguements online is that they are grossly unbalanced... It happened first when red scorpion players out there started using culln from vol 4... his older version which still let you swap out sarges for apothicaries. People back then was like no you can't do that... Then lo and behold the blood angels get sanguinary priests for passing FNP and FC around like candy lol. You have to still get your opponents permission to field these characters at all. That's what I read in the imperial armour books. But also at the same time I know that big tournaments don't let these characters in at all. I kinda can understand Sevrin loth for red scorpion players not letting him in... He has artificer armor so a 2+ that with a psyker test turns into a invulnerable save until end of turn or the chaplian for the minotaurs giving the squad he's with +2 on the charge
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:09 pm

My personal opinion I think it's the same junk that happens when a new codex comes out.... "OMG it's OP" or "That's broken". I think it's other players that gotten comfortable with an astartes codex and then a new shiny one comes out or something that helps an old one along so they cry about it... being jealous.

I just want to make sure that if I do this that no one in this club as a whole will have a problem with it... That way there is no confusion, no drama at tournaments, or anything of the sort. Cause I'd hate to build it and then only can use it in casual play, apoc games including the 1 time a year tournamet in jaks december every year, campaigns if any.... I want the whole cake... Not just a slice if you get my meaning lol.

I know you two or three don't have a problem with this, but I just want to make sure is all before committing.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down