Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

names for a marine chapter?

+3
Man-of-War
CKO
Despoiler
7 posters

Go down

names for a marine chapter? Empty names for a marine chapter?

Post  Despoiler Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Since I got umpteen hundred points of marines I figured I'd make up a background for them. I play them as chaos, grey knights, blood angels, space wolves, and ultramarines. I've got a rough idea for how to explain that (more on that when I get a chance..) but the main thing I wanna work on is a decent name for em. I'm thinkin of using praetorians in the name, any suggestions?
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

names for a marine chapter? Empty Re: names for a marine chapter?

Post  CKO Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 am

If we had some sort of back ground information we could help you out, at the moment all we know is that they are a space marine chapter.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah I was gonna get to that, didnt have my notes on me at the time. What I got so far is an obscure branch of the imperium decides to try and cure the blood angels red thirst and the wolves Canis helix thing that makes them wolflike. They decide to use relatively unspoiled genestock in the ultramarines. They gather apothecaries from several chapters and whatnot. They succeed, for a time. Reports come in of genetic mutation so a squad of grey knight paladins and some inquisitors show up to observe(I run pallies when i play grey knights) over time they completely fall to chaos. I figure give em 1500 years or so so I can establish a Homeworld and the heroes of em and a history

Last edited by Despoiler on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : autocorrect on my phone put helicopter and not helix, phones a dummy)
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah I was gonna get to that, didnt have my notes on me at the time. What I got so far is an obscure branch of the imperium decides to try and cure the blood angels red thirst and the wolves Canis helicopter thing that makes them wolflike. They decide to use relatively unspoiled genestock in the ultramarines. They gather apothecaries from several chapters and whatnot. They succeed, for a time. Reports come in of genetic mutation so a squad of grey knight paladins and some inquisitors show up to observe(I run pallies when i play grey knights) over time they completely fall to chaos. I figure give em 1500 years or so so I can establish a Homeworld and the heroes of em and a history

You mean the Canis Helix that the wolves drink to become either a wolven or conquer the inner wolf and become a brother in arms... This is pretty good what your doing though... so you can run anything you want... whether it's BA, SW, GK, DA, Vanilla, or CSM. Which ever is your flavor of the day.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeah I gotta do more Homework on it still. that's just what I had wrote in my notebook. Plan on posting it when I get it all figured out
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:34 pm

And autocorrect is evil, will edit..
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Only problem I see is a grey knight has never fallen to chaos. Inquisitors fall sometimes, more become radical but having a grey knight fall is like having Abbadon fight for the imperium against chaos.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  andyvan Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:57 am

"Mad Dogs"
One of the chapters of the 21st founding, The Mad Dogs became susceptible to several mind altering diseases; ranging from mutiple personalities, psychosis, Violent tantrums and even delusions of grandeur. Companies have been seen fighting alongside imperial forces, only to turn on thier allies or even their own units. All records discribe the marines changing tactics between battles. The chapter is deemed Excomunicatus Traitoris, however their forces are just as often seen fighting alongside imperial forces than against. Some battle brothers have fallen to chaos worship, and even become deamon possesed, and mutated."

"Blood hounds"
The Blood hound chapter have only one tenent. "Victory at all cost". This has lost much favor with other Chapters, as the Blood Hounds often use tactics others would deem dishonerable, even heresy.

You could use the "Alpha leagion" . They are masters of disception and its plausable that they would parade as other chapters to soe confusion and distrust.

andyvan

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:58 am

The grey knights are just a contingent sent to watch over my chapter in my fluff they stay incorruptable. Maybe they die or are swept up in a freak warp storm ...
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 pm

I think Dhar-Kehl Darslaves would be an appropriate title for any space marine chapter or IG force.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Who or what is that?
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Say it out loud.... lol
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 pm

There is alot of No , Evil or Very Mad , and No again. That idea simply will not work for several reasons.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 pm

That's funny... I didn't even think of that. It's just mean.. and wrong..mostly just wrong. And CKO are ya sayin my idea won't work or something? I agree that the dark eldar thing won't work. Dont get me wrong but if ya wanna bash my idea feel free, do it in a different thread, name it "CKO's personal guide to fluff" or somethin but sayin "that won't work" ain't helping. what reasons? ...enlighten me, please. confused
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 pm

Ultramars Blood Wolves?..... Blood Skulls?.... Heins 57... jk..lol...
Wolverines? Crimson Corsairs? Heroes of the Warp? Wild Cards? Champions of the Warp? Canis Ultramaris Angelis? Foebanes?

Starting to run out of ideas due to lack of sleep.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am

Google 'space marine chapter name creator' and go to town with what you find.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:26 am

Sorry about sounding like I was bashing your idea I had just got off work and was tired and just use the wrong words. The idea however has alot of flaws.

1.Blood Angels Red Thirst is only known by them and their successor chapters it is not a well known thing, perhaps the High Lords of Terra might know about it but that makes it sound even more extreme.

2.The Imperium does not need to find a cure, if they need a new chapter they simply use ultramarine, imperial fist, salamanders, white scars, or raven guard gene seed.

3.Dont let me intefere with your creativity, I have my doubts but you shouldnt try to explain yourself as it only takes away from your chapter. Also your trying to justify why you play with certain rules with your fluff you should not do that either. I have been doing this for a long time and when it comes to people making chapters they always do not finish because they end up trying to explain everything and justify why they use certain rules. Just keep an open mind take what you like from others feed back and make your chapter.

Despoiler wrote:Yeah I was gonna get to that, didnt have my notes on me at the time. What I got so far is an obscure branch of the imperium decides to try and cure the blood angels red thirst and the wolves Canis helix thing that makes them wolflike. They decide to use relatively unspoiled genestock in the ultramarines. They gather apothecaries from several chapters and whatnot. They succeed, for a time. Reports come in of genetic mutation so a squad of grey knight paladins and some inquisitors show up to observe(I run pallies when i play grey knights) over time they completely fall to chaos. I figure give em 1500 years or so so I can establish a Homeworld and the heroes of em and a history
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Despoiler Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Appreciate all the comments and what not. When I get it all together I wanted to do like a few of yall have and post it. Some of the "heroes" of my lists have quite the tale to tell, and I don't go by "specific" rules, the reason I'm trying to tie in all those chapters is because ill make a list for a specific codex and use it. I couldn't pick and choose.. and if I sound or sounded like an @$$ its cuz I am and its a failing of mine.. so I apologize. Please stay tuned for a short (maybe) story ill have up by Friday hopefully.
Despoiler
Despoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

At least you're honest about it lol
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Make it a chapter that is your own home brew and just say that the fledgling chapter saught aid from other chapters in training to expain differences in codex use. Hell i use storm ravens in my army in my fluff they were commissioned by my space wolves after fending off ork hordes from a blood angels stron hold and kept as "payment" for thier services. Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down