Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome

+2
grots life
HereticWolf
6 posters

Go down

Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome Empty Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome

Post  HereticWolf Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Sup guys,
This is my first crack at bugs I have been on the receiving end of them many times, figured if I cant beat em might as well join them!
HQ
Hive Tyrant w/2x Scything Talons, Hive Commander, Adrenal Glands - 205
Tervigon w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxic sacs, Cataclysm, Cluster Spines -195
Elites
3x Hive Gaurd - 150
The Doom of Malan'tai w/Mysetic Spore - 130
Deathleaper - 140
Troops
9x genestealers w/ Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs
1x Broodlord w/ Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs - 236
9x genestealers w/ Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs
1x Broodlord w/ Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs - 236
20x Hormaguants w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs - 200
Heavy Support
2x Trygon Prime w/ Adrenal Glands 500
total 1992 pts

any suggestions ?
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome Empty Re: Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome

Post  grots life Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 pm

[img]Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome RaidTriple[/img]
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome Empty Re: Hive Fleet "insert cool name not yet thought of here" test list any help welcome

Post  thecapn226 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  fallen Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

lol @ the can o raid image, need to remember that next time i play steve's nids

as for the list, honestly i think you are going for too many toys, I've never really been sold on death leaper or doom, death leaper cause he cant charge the turn he drops in like all other lictors, doom cause of his ineffectiveness if the other guy is packing a lot of mech rather use more hive guard. now if you really want to use doom or death leaper go with one or the other and have 6 hive guard to help you crack those transports.

as for trygons, I'm not a big fan of these guys either, just seems like a so so unit. I'd try for something else not sure what maybe go for something like a tyranofex or 2 or just plain ol dakka fexes
fallen
fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:47 pm

How did the bugs do at JAK's today?
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Well as far as winning I did not...but I actually did quite well seeing as how I had no idea of how to play them, but I will be messing with nids for a while whilst I devise a new plan for the wolves.
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 am

First thing first its a new army its going to take a while to get use to switching from wolves to nids. Second thing is you should find a way to make the tervigon a troop choice, have a mc that can claim objectives is really good. I dont care for the deathleaper guy, I would take more hive guard for vehicles, also the trygons is good for 1 thing and that is acting as a distraction keeping heavy weapons away from your important stuff like tervigons, hive tyrant, and hive guard. So if you use them be aggressive with them, I think that the heavy support choices is the weakest section in the codex and I would focus on the fast attack, raveners are really good if you give them rending claws they can rip throw infantry and vehicles and because they are beast they should hit the enemy front lines around the same time as the infiltrating genestellers.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm

well I took out the leaper and adrenal glands on hive tyrant and added 3 more hive guard which worked out much better!
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Paint them purple black n white n name it hive fleet venom Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum