Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgeworld Eldar

+3
Man-of-War
CKO
AllmightyDM
7 posters

Go down

Forgeworld Eldar Empty Forgeworld Eldar

Post  AllmightyDM Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:15 am

Just wondering whether Hornets and Wasps were ok'd for use in local tournaments.

Are wasps considered a scoring unit since they are troops, but they are also vehicles?

Has anyone bought these and what do you think about them?
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld Eldar Empty Re: Forgeworld Eldar

Post  CKO Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Forge world is not allowed, it opens up a can of worms. There are so many forge world units that would lead to questions that no one really would have an answer to which leads to unhappy players. Sad
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Forgeworld models aren't allowed in tournaments, but are allowed in standard games with opponents consent.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld Eldar Empty lol

Post  mouser04 Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

they are allow to play, just the models itself. the stats and rules like angron model you cant play as[ read up on it said it also have the playing base for it
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Yep, the pascagoula guys have now approved imperial armour items used in all of the non tournement preparing games, time to have some fun fun
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:46 pm

It's looking like all the big, national tournaments are embracing 6th edition rules (no 1999+1 BS) and allowing Forge World models and rules. So if Forge World isn't allowed in local tournaments, it's only a matter of time until they are.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 am

grots life wrote:It's looking like all the big, national tournaments are embracing 6th edition rules (no 1999+1 BS) and allowing Forge World models and rules. So if Forge World isn't allowed in local tournaments, it's only a matter of time until they are.

No, I havent seen any national tournament allow forge world rules in tournaments. There are side events at national tournaments that allow forge world tournaments such as the huge apoc games and stuff like that but at the GT's strictly codex.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 am

Almost all of the adepticon tournaments this year are allowing them
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 am

Hinkel wrote:Almost all of the adepticon tournaments this year are allowing them

Well that is a change... I brought this subject up before to our club meeting and non of us had a problem with it on here.... Dunno if Sonny would allow it though at his local tournaments. I don't really have a hard copy of any of the Badab war books to really ask him though. Sad
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 am

Hinkel wrote:Almost all of the adepticon tournaments this year are allowing them

The adepticon warhammer 40k championships should not be allowing forgeworld, if so I just lost interest.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:06 am

Not the 2k tournement
The teams event, Horus matches, ect...
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 am

Here is a list of four GT's that have already happened or are coming up next year. With this much support for Forge World units in GT's, I really do think it's just a matter of time until they are also approved for Adepticon. The Wargamescon site even says that Forge World units are 'pending approval' for Adepticon 2013. They all state that super heavies and gargantuan creatures are not allowed nor anything with hull points, which eliminates a lot of stuff, but for general troops, I think it's a done deal.

Bay Area Open 2013
"Forge World units will be allowed so long as they are neither a Super Heavy nor Gargantuan Creature. The most recent version of the rules must be used. This means not just the “40K Approved” units, but any that do not fall within the above restrictions."

Nova Open 2012
"Forgeworld – You may use Forgeworld Units, excluding Super Heavies and Gargantuan Creatures"

Feast of Blades 2012
"FORGEWORLD "Warhammer 40,000," stamped units, OK!"

Wargamescon 2013
"Forgeworld: Yes - 40k Stamped"

BoLS Article
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/09/get-yo-resin-on-forgeworld-and.html
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am

Woohoo!!! Get to use all my cool death korps of krieg stuff now
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 am

I have been keeping track of how well the 40k approved IA stuff is doing in tournaments. And to my knowledge no-one playing IA stuff has won any of the major tournaments. Keep in mind you can only play the 40k approved stuff so it’s balanced. For example: if you take the Lucias pattern drop pod that allows your dreadnaught to assault on the turn it arrives. You have just paid 75 points and a fast attack slot to deliver your dreadnaught to a quick death in assault. Sure it may kill a something on the turn it arrives but it will die shortly thereafter. (My personal opinion is that I would rather deal with three of those rather than the cheesy ass Screamer/Flamer Chaos overpowered crapfest). Tau get a few more cheap marker lights but there is nothing that game breaking in the 40k approved items. It will be interesting to see if the IG Saber platforms are marked 40k approved; it may give you an ally that can bring Skyfire equipped gun platforms. That would balance the lack of anti-air that plagues most lists. If you want to research it more, I recommend that you listen to the back issues of Frontline Gaming’s pod cast. They run the Bay Area Open, DuelCon and several other events on the West Coast. Since the beginning of 6th Ed they have allowed Forgeworld IA 40k approved items in their tournaments and are the most experienced with them in the new Ed. As to whether we allow them in club tournaments or not we will probably put that up for a vote at our next meeting. Sonny of course sets the rules for all of the Jaks tournaments so we will have to ask him. I would recommend on waiting until the club determines what it wants before contacting Sonny about the store.
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

You may want to play a few games against some Forge World units to see how you do. If you'll be playing in tournaments that allow Forge World units, it may be a good idea to have a bit of experience playing against them so you'll have an idea what you're up against. I'm thinking that this is an example of CD's vs. Vinyl. You can resist it, but eventually, it will be the new standard.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 pm

I will be testing them out tonight , time for the death korps. I will let y'all know how the game goes
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Hinkel wrote:I will be testing them out tonight , time for the death korps. I will let y'all know how the game goes

Please do... I'd like to know how they played... both the death korps and whatever the other person played.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

And just as the new Imperial Armour Volume 1, Second edition is released...
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Also in IA 11 Bran Redmaw is 40k approved... All I can say is awesome...

Also thought everyone would like this... It's a list of the 40k stamped stuff.
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141950

Imperial Armour Vol 11 Doom of Mymeara
General Myndoras Odon
Bran Redmaw
Shadow Spectres
Irillyth Shadow Spectre Phoenix Lord
Farsser Bel Annath
Warp Hunter
Wraithseer
Wasp Assault Walker
Hornet

Imperial Armour Aeronautica
Thunderbolt Fighter
Lightning
Aquila Lander
Vulture Gunship
Valk Sky Talon Transport
Arvus Lighter
Avenger Strike Fighter
Manticore AA Varient
Support Weapons Platforms
Sabre Weapons Battery
Storm Eagle Gunship
Caestus Ram
Land Raider Helios AA Varient
Whirlwind Hyperios
Land Speeder Tempest
Hyperios Battery
Contemptor Dread Mortis
Fighta Bommer
Flakk Trukk
Attak Fighta
Flakk Trakk
Phoenix Bomber
Nightwing Interceptor
Fire Storm
Barracuda
DX-6 Remora Drone
Raven Strike Fighter
Hell Blade
Dreadclaw
Hell Talon
Blight Drone

Imperial Armour Apoc Second Edition (Not to be confused with Imp Armour Apoc 2)
Tauros
Contemptor Dread
BA/SW Contemptor
Contemptor Dread Mortis
Siege Dred
Land Raider Achilles
Caestus Ram
Lucius Drop Pod
Aquila Lander
Valk Sky Talon Transport
Arvus Lighter
Big Squiggoth
Warkopta
Kustom Meka Dread
Lifta Wagon
Grot Tank Mob
Grot Mega Tank
Grot Bomm Launcha
Fire Storm
Wraithseer
Hornet
Warp Hunter
Malanthrope
Meiotic Spore
Stone Crusher Carnifex
Piranha TX-42
DX-6 Remora Drone
Tau Battlesuit Commander R'Alai
Tomb Stalker
Dark Eldar Reaper
Tantalus
Raven Strike Fighter
Chaos Contemptor Dread
Giant Spawn
Spined Beast
Hell Blade
Dreadclaw
.......................................................................................

For those of us like me that don't have the books..... Not trying to hijack the OP thread here, just trying to help out people that's reading.. Cool
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:06 am

staying on topic here... @AlmightyDM: Have you played any of the spectres or the wraithseer? If so how did they play?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 am

Cunnin N Qwik wrote:Also in IA 11 Bran Redmaw is 40k approved... All I can say is awesome...

General Myndoras Odon
Bran Redmaw
Shadow Spectres
Farsser Bel Annath
Warp Hunter
Wraithseer
Wasp Assault Walker
Hornet

Thunderbolt Fighter
Lightning
Aquila Lander
Vulture Gunship
Valk Sky Talon Transport
Arvus Lighter
Avenger Strike Fighter
Manticore AA Varient
Sabre Weapons Battery
Storm Eagle Gunship
Caestus Ram
Whirlwind Hyperios
Land Speeder Tempest
Hyperios Battery
Contemptor Dread Mortis
Fighta Bommer
Flakk Trukk
Attak Fighta
Flakk Trakk
Phoenix Bomber
Nightwing Interceptor
Fire Storm
Barracuda
DX-6 Remora Drone
Raven Strike Fighter
Hell Blade
Dreadclaw
Hell Talon
Blight Drone

Tauros
Contemptor Dread
BA/SW Contemptor
Contemptor Dread Mortis
Siege Dred
Land Raider Achilles
Caestus Ram
Lucius Drop Pod
Aquila Lander
Valk Sky Talon Transport
Arvus Lighter
Big Squiggoth
Warkopta
Kustom Meka Dread
Lifta Wagon
Grot Tank Mob
Grot Mega Tank
Grot Bomm Launcha
Fire Storm
Wraithseer
Hornet
Warp Hunter
Malanthrope
Meiotic Spore
Stone Crusher Carnifex
Piranha TX-42
DX-6 Remora Drone
Tomb Stalker
Dark Eldar Reaper
Tantalus
Raven Strike Fighter
Chaos Contemptor Dread
Giant Spawn
Spined Beast
Hell Blade
Dreadclaw
.......................................................................................

Its not that I think that forgeworld is bad, its just that I dont think I should be forced to buy more books. I am ultra competitive and if it becomes legal I will have to learn these units so that I want be caught off guard. Look thats alot of reading and studying! Mad

Than again it allows me to go back to the drawing board, I might find something I can use! Twisted Evil

Do they really want to give me more options? This time instead of being in the form of a new codex its in a book that the avg gamer can not afford. If I put something in my list and it dominates the game I wouldnt feel comfortable with the victory, because I used a unit my opponen knew nothing about.

I can hear it now, "That thing is broken forge world models shouldnt be used. What are these units? I have never heard of them before. Its turn 3 and I am losing bad, I dont trust this dude, I mean look at him he is black! Shocked Bleep, this forgeworld book I am losing because he is using blah blah blah.

I dont want to hear all that again , when I was using my teleport combo with zahndrekh and obyron getting in their face turn one, it pissed people off in turn 1 because I caught them completly off guard. When they tried to kill t 5 models that have 4+ inv sv and a 4+ reanimation protocal sv and they couldnt they got even madder because they didnt know that the unit was that durable. Then when I use zahndrek to give them furious charge making them str 6 power weapon attacks I usually started destroying stuff. Then my wraiths joined in my ghost arks and telsa shots start taking its toll and its turn 4 and the game is over, so we have to finish 2-3 turns knowing the game is over.

I am concern about my poor sportsmanship scores, I already beat people badly so their upset. If I use a forgeworld model and win badly guess what they will say?

"He won because he use forgeworld" I dont have time for that.

They should not allow them, but if they do!!!!
Twisted Evil

ship scores because I beat them already have to worry about peoples emotion when I beat them
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 am

CKO wrote:
Cunnin N Qwik wrote:Also in IA 11 Bran Redmaw is 40k approved... All I can say is awesome...

General Myndoras Odon
Bran Redmaw
Shadow Spectres
Farsser Bel Annath
Warp Hunter
Wraithseer
Wasp Assault Walker
Hornet

Thunderbolt Fighter
Lightning
Aquila Lander
Vulture Gunship
Valk Sky Talon Transport
Arvus Lighter
Avenger Strike Fighter
Manticore AA Varient
Sabre Weapons Battery
Storm Eagle Gunship
Caestus Ram
Whirlwind Hyperios
Land Speeder Tempest
Hyperios Battery
Contemptor Dread Mortis
Fighta Bommer
Flakk Trukk
Attak Fighta
Flakk Trakk
Phoenix Bomber
Nightwing Interceptor
Fire Storm
Barracuda
DX-6 Remora Drone
Raven Strike Fighter
Hell Blade
Dreadclaw
Hell Talon
Blight Drone

Tauros
Contemptor Dread
BA/SW Contemptor
Contemptor Dread Mortis
Siege Dred
Land Raider Achilles
Caestus Ram
Lucius Drop Pod
Aquila Lander
Valk Sky Talon Transport
Arvus Lighter
Big Squiggoth
Warkopta
Kustom Meka Dread
Lifta Wagon
Grot Tank Mob
Grot Mega Tank
Grot Bomm Launcha
Fire Storm
Wraithseer
Hornet
Warp Hunter
Malanthrope
Meiotic Spore
Stone Crusher Carnifex
Piranha TX-42
DX-6 Remora Drone
Tomb Stalker
Dark Eldar Reaper
Tantalus
Raven Strike Fighter
Chaos Contemptor Dread
Giant Spawn
Spined Beast
Hell Blade
Dreadclaw

Its not that I think that forgeworld is bad, its just that I dont think I should be forced to buy more books. I am ultra competitive and if it becomes legal I will have to learn these units so that I want be caught off guard. Look thats alot of reading and studying! Mad

Than again it allows me to go back to the drawing board, I might find something I can use! Twisted Evil

Do they really want to give me more options? This time instead of being in the form of a new codex its in a book that the avg gamer can not afford. If I put something in my list and it dominates the game I wouldnt feel comfortable with the victory, because I used a unit my opponen knew nothing about.

I can hear it now, "That thing is broken forge world models shouldnt be used. What are these units? I have never heard of them before. Its turn 3 and I am losing bad, I dont trust this dude, I mean look at him he is black! Shocked Bleep, this forgeworld book I am losing because he is using blah blah blah.

I dont want to hear all that again , when I was using my teleport combo with zahndrekh and obyron getting in their face turn one, it pissed people off in turn 1 because I caught them completly off guard. When they tried to kill t 5 models that have 4+ inv sv and a 4+ reanimation protocal sv and they couldnt they got even madder because they didnt know that the unit was that durable. Then when I use zahndrek to give them furious charge making them str 6 power weapon attacks I usually started destroying stuff. Then my wraiths joined in my ghost arks and telsa shots start taking its toll and its turn 4 and the game is over, so we have to finish 2-3 turns knowing the game is over.

I am concern about my poor sportsmanship scores, I already beat people badly so their upset. If I use a forgeworld model and win badly guess what they will say?

"He won because he use forgeworld" I dont have time for that.

They should not allow them, but if they do!!!!
Twisted Evil

ship scores because I beat them already have to worry about peoples emotion when I beat them

Next time someone says that a codex is OP they should look in the past. The Deathwing bomb off of the Ravenwing scout move with a tele homer was the "OMG OP" back in the day before Vanilla marines came out then they where OP. It's just the something that I call the "NEW CODEX SMELL". People blame anything cause they don't want to blame themselves for losing. I usually take it as a learning experience if I lose. No offense to anyone if I hurt their feelings with my opinion.

Also none of the listed stuff is hideously OP from the Forgeworld list. Mostly it is for giving people that don't have a flyer flyers or AA weapons. Or just something that's a little different.

@AlmightyDM or Hinkel: So how did ya'lls game go? I'm curious to know.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 am

I used some of the dkok hades drills in a big 10k match the other day, it was great, I just put together the other 3 now as well
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Hinkel wrote:I used some of the dkok hades drills in a big 10k match the other day, it was great, I just put together the other 3 now as well

cool I proxied bran redmaw last night. Works well with giving behind enemy lines to a squad of grey hunters.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down