Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking about getting into 40K

4 posters

Go down

thinking about getting into 40K Empty thinking about getting into 40K

Post  dearjonipm Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:37 pm

So since not many people out here play warmahordes i was thinking about getting a small blood angles army. If i did that i was looking at either getting the dark vengeance and either splitting the cost with someone or trading the cm for other Blood angle stuff or just getting there battleforce box. Any ideas advice?

dearjonipm

Back to top Go down

thinking about getting into 40K Empty Re: thinking about getting into 40K

Post  thecapn226 Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 pm

The dark vengeance box is great because it comes with a small rulebook, scatter dice, and good amount of models. It is perfect if you have never played before. I would be willing to take the chaos off your hands if you get it.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Find you way down to JAK's (Pass Road near the Keesler AFB gate) on a Sunday and introduce yourself. There's usually a few games going on that day. See what it's about and maybe play a game with someone's army to see what it's all about. It is an expensive hobby to start, so I suggest trying it out before sinking a bunch of money into it. That said, Dark Vengeance and a battle force box is a very good way to start.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:49 am

dearjonipm wrote:So since not many people out here play warmahordes i was thinking about getting a small blood angles army. If i did that i was looking at either getting the dark vengeance and either splitting the cost with someone or trading the cm for other Blood angle stuff or just getting there battleforce box. Any ideas advice?

Sorry man I would play against you. It's just Life is calling me pretty hard.

Any of the Marines is good to start with from the corpse loving loyalist to the Traitor/renegade/occult god worshipers. My inner Chaos Marine is telling me to guide you away from loyalist, but another side of me is saying that go with whatever feels right with you. Wink
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down