Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jump Infantry and Drop Runs

2 posters

Go down

Jump Infantry and Drop Runs Empty Jump Infantry and Drop Runs

Post  TauMongoose Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:17 pm

During my walkabout through the apoc update, i noticed that super heavy flyers can have multiple units of jump/jet pack units disembark while zooming. Update says this is done exactly as a bombing run with only a d6 deviation.

So my question: What happens if 2 units drop on top of each other after scatter?

They aren't coming in from reserve, so following the deep strike mishap table doesn't make much sense.

EDIT: werent the emergency disembark rules something like a dangerous terrain test? Since the unit has already jumped, wouldnt that make more sense then "oh, we're about to mishap, lets stay on the plane" or being placed somewhere on the board where the plane has never been near?

Opinions?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Jump Infantry and Drop Runs Empty Re: Jump Infantry and Drop Runs

Post  grots life Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:32 pm

If it were me, I'd put the second unit as close to the first unit without over lap and continue the game. Nit picking rules nazis suck all the fun away.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 pm

I agree on the rules nazis. That's why I'm asking now before it has a chance to become an issue from interpretation
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Look up the apocalypse FAQ and see if it's mentioned. If not, try looking on the INAT FAQ. I don't think emergency disembark would apply since that isn't what it is.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  TauMongoose Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Is there even an INAT FAQ for 6th yet? Latest i found was April 2012

The apoc update is what lead to my question, i was unable to find any mention in the faq

Some armies have the ability to deep strike without error or more precisely then others.
So because Deep Strike is mentioned, the Mishap table applies. Shouldn't these abilities apply, too?

Or, if it doesn't use the Mishap table, then it functions like the bombing run and we just assume they land next to each other instead of on top???

How many flyers also able to transport troops?
TauMongoose
TauMongoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down