Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Bound

4 posters

Go down

Chaos Bound Empty Chaos Bound

Post  CKO Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm

I am going to start playing Chaos, I originally wanted to play basic marines but there are two reasons why I cant play them. The first reason is point cost, the shift in the tourney scene to play 1850 point games hits basic marines hard. Dark Angels pay 70 points for a 5 man squad that has the option to take a special or heavy while basic marines pay 90 points for a five man squad without the options, twenty points per troop unit adds up quickly. All of their anti-flyer options are expensive, making it harder to adapt to the metagame, where you must have either a decent defense or offense against flyers. Expensive troops, expensive anti-flyer options, combine with lowering the point size of the game is to much of a crutch.

The second reason is the ally combos Mad , my head is about to explode with all of the combinations. Games-workshop is very smart, I know I am not the only one to invest in a ally combo that did not perform as well as I thought, I have IG, Grey Knights, Gold Marines, and Purple Marines. If I play marines I will be on the drawing board forever not playing games. I will just quietly build up my Undaunted Chapter and wait for Matt Ward to re-write the marine codex so I can use my Dorn dice again Sad .

Until then I am going with Phil Kelly he wrote both of the Chaos books and we know how important I think that is cheers . It limits me greatly in terms of allies but that is a good thing as I can focus on learning how to play with the units in those two codexes. Yes, I will be using the Heldrake but I am more excited about the other options and combos, I ran into one of those combos against Steve and I as I studied there are alot of them.

No longer am I chained down by my Chapter's fruitless traditions, no longer will I live this discipline life with little to no reward. Yes, the warp has much to offer they see my potential, they acknowledge my strength, they see my feats and they award me with more power, none will stand before me, DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

[i]
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Chaos Bound Empty Re: Chaos Bound

Post  grots life Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Welcome to the right side. I don't have it (yet), but I'm led to believe that the Demons Codex is actually part two of the Chaos Space Marines Codex.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinkel Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 am

Heretic!!!! There is only one true Emperor, and that is the Emperor of man kind
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Chaos Bound Empty oh to the bowing down

Post  mouser04 Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:26 am

well its about time cko

if u want to borrow some model to practice to see what u want to play i have plenty of models of both chaos book

im almost got my army to where i want it just play the list i have one more time

oh yea i have finally got my drones in[chaos not tau] 6 of them and actually finish my khorn cannon[chariot]
mouser04
mouser04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down