Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas

4 posters

Go down

Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas Empty Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas

Post  Hinkel Wed May 29, 2013 2:53 am

Who all plays warmachine/Hordes?

What armies do you have?

Would you be willing to assist in going to different stores and events to help us grow SMG and the Warmahordes community.

My wife already has her paper work in for press ganger and I will have mine in after wargames con.

We also have our paper work in awaiting to be a Certified Club in Privateer Press Events.

If you know someone who plays who is not one here, please get them to sign up on here so we can plan demos and events.

We have been asked "SMG" to go with our group to a few stores and run some demos to get the ball rolling.

So I am just wanting to see who wants to help
Who plays what
And what people play.

Next event June 22 will be and unofficial maybe official Steam roller event. 25 points. Death Clock time, but we will ramp the time up since we have a lot of new players. Steamroller coin prizes will be passed out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

More details later this week as we work out the details.

Let the communication began
Hinkel
Hinkel

Back to top Go down

Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas Empty Re: Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas

Post  Man-of-War Wed May 29, 2013 3:03 pm

I have close to 200 points of Trollbloods, Close to 100 in Legion. Also for Hordes I have the Skorne battlebox plus a few points(maybe 10?), the circle battlebox, and Pig(Farrow) battlebox for minions. I'm primarily a Hordes player. For warmachine I also have 20 points in Cygnar, the cryx battlebox, close to the retribution battlebox equivalent, with some merc solos and a unit to throw in. Soon as it gets to the end of June I'm pre ordering the Cyriss stuff that is coming out on July 10th and 28th I want the whole faction period. This CoC will be my Prime Warmachine Faction.

I can go to different stores around the area and show them the ropes with ya'll if need be I have no problem doing that. I'm off most of June and July. Give me a week at least more and I'll be able to get out of the house. Been kinda busy to paint anything recently, but I'll be applying for pressganger soon as I get back in the swing of things.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas Empty Re: Just trying to get some figures for some future ideas

Post  Bill Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 am

I have about 3 hundred in Khador with an assortment of Warcasters, and about 150 in Mercs with an emphasis on Rhulic armies. I'm also very interested in the Cyriss release, and will probably focus on building an army around one Warcaster.

My current Club projects include the construction of three foam 4X4 themed tables. (The first one in almost done and I will be posting photos) The other projects I’m working on are felt forests and rivers. I have the forests done. I don’t have the ability to participate every weekend, but I don't have a problem traveling on the weekends that I can show up. I am willing to hand over any of the terrain that I build to somebody that will take care of it, so that it can be available for any event that takes place.
Bill
Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu May 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Bill wrote:I have about 3 hundred in Khador with an assortment of Warcasters, and about 150 in Mercs with an emphasis on Rhulic armies. I'm also very interested in the Cyriss release, and will probably focus on building an army around one Warcaster.

My current Club projects include the construction of three foam 4X4 themed tables. (The first one in almost done and I will be posting photos) The other projects I’m working on are felt forests and rivers. I have the forests done. I don’t have the ability to participate every weekend, but I don't have a problem traveling on the weekends that I can show up. I am willing to hand over any of the terrain that I build to somebody that will take care of it, so that it can be available for any event that takes place.

Which is the caster you'll be concentrating on?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

I’m really interested in building a list around Aurora and the Angels, but I’m going to buy the book and see what I can do with them before I invest in the models. I also like the Prime Axion.
Bill
Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu May 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah she's coming out late july with the angels.... So in July is bringing her, angels, book, battlebox, the plastic heavy vector kit that assembles 3 different ones, and the paint set. July 10th is the day everything on that list is coming out except for her and the angels.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Mobidick Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 am

Finally have the game building steam at GnG. Battleboxes are moving and there's interest in Cyriss. I'm not personally huge on tourney play, I just want to play in general, but I have a feeling some of the 40k crew will take their competitive nature with them once they're converted.

I can participate and contribute a Cryx, Khador, and Thornfall battlebox if needed if you guys do anything in Mobile. I think I'm around 300pts in Khador and 50+ in both Cryx and Thornfall. The paint level is largely poor or missing, but there're some things I can pull out with first impressions in mind.

Just hit me up if GnG becomes a target for something.

Mobidick

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:36 am

Awesome man... I can get to Mobile easily. Where abouts are ya'll located at?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Mobidick Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Gamers N Geeks
4805 Moffett Rd, Suite J, Mobile, Alabama 36618

GnG keeps a facebook page with the goings on if you're into that sort of thing. The wargame club is Malicious Unity, they keep a group on facebooks as well.

They're open every day but Tuesday, Saturday sees the most action with miniatures at present. Logan and Hinkel were there a few days back, would be the better to ask if you need help with directions. Any day you want a game up there, let me know.

Mobidick

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Ok just google mapped it so I know around about where the store is. Been a while since going to mobile. Me, wife, and kids usually went to the big flea market ya'll got over there.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down