Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precision Shooting

2 posters

Go down

Precision Shooting Empty Precision Shooting

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Like I said its been a while since I played, but after yesterday I was rethinking adding some snipers (Rangers/Pathfinders) to my list for some possible precision shooting. I think it was Independant characters, possibly characters that can allocate wounds with 6's too. Definitely a rule worth remembering.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Precision Shooting Empty Re: Precision Shooting

Post  fulange Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

I am also becoming more and more of a fan of precision shooting. I have made my own Illic Nightspear from left over eldar bits (and a necron), just so I can run pathfinders...

fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:36 am

I just need to find a good balance between the usefulness of precision vs tank opening. Got to bust the pinata to get the candy inside.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:59 pm

A good point, but my first thoughts are either 3 prisms with s9 lance or 9 war walkers with 2x bright lances, or dark eldar allies for tons of Dark Lances!
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:42 am

IMO for DE, nothing beats a wych for tank busting, except maybe a smashing Talos. I did try out the Wraithguard and D-scythes. Distort is super effective. lol
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  fulange Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Haywire is amazing! Thats one of the reasons to love swooping hawks. I experimented with foot eldar for a while (i really like it but its not competitive enough for the present environment) and swooping hawks were (believe it or not) were power players. Deep strike with no scatter, large blast as they come in, and during the shooting phase they can run AND toss a grenade? Yes please! To bad I only have 6
fulange
fulange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down