Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 point Orks

2 posters

Go down

2000 point Orks Empty 2000 point Orks

Post  grots life Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 pm

I have never played this list, just put it together to see how it would look. I don't actually have any Flash Gitz, I'd have to proxy some nobs for them.

HQ
Warboss - 'Eavy Armor, Stikkbombs, Power Klaw, Twin Linked Shoota (95 pts.)

Elite
5 Meganobz - Mega Armor, Stikkbombs, Power Klaw, Twin Linked Shoota, Trukk Transport - Grot Rigger, Red Paint (245 pts.)
10 Lootas - Deffguns (150 pts.)
8 Nobz - 'Eavy Armor, Waaagh! Banner, 5 Big Choppa, 3 Power Klaw, Slugga (315 pts.)

Troops
15 'Ard Boyz - 'Eavy Armor, Choppa, Slugga, 1 Big Shoota (w/'Ard Boy Nob w/Big Choppa) (170 pts.)
30 Boyz - Choppa, Slugga, 3 Big Shoota (w/Nob - 'Eavy Armor, Bosspole, Slugga, Big Choppa) (220 pts.)
30 Boyz - Choppa, Slugga, 3 Big Shoota (w/Nob - 'Eavy Armor, Bosspole, Slugga, Big Choppa) (220 pts.)

Fast Attack
10 - Vulcha Boyz - Rokkit Pack, Stikkbombs, Choppa, Slugga (w/Boss Zagstruk - Cybork Body, Rokkit Pack, Stikkbombs, Choppa, Slugga, Vulcha's Klaws) (193 pts.)

Heavy Support
2 - Big Gunz - Lobba, 5 Gretchin crew each (68 pts.)
6 - Flash Gitz - 'Eavy Armor, Gitfinda, 2x Ammo Runt, Snazzgun, More Dakka, Shootier (w/Kaptin Badrukk - Bosspole, Da Power Grotz, Gitfinda, Goodtoof Armor, Stikkbombs, Choppa, Slugga, Da Rippa) (320 pts.)

Lots of boys and lots of heavy armor for 4+ saves. Lootas and Lobbas to counter pesky ranged attack from the backfield. Except for the Meganobz in their trukk and the Stormboyz, it's a very slow army, so I would have to hoof it across the field and engage as fast as possible. I would probably stick the warboss in with one of the 30 boyz units too.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

2000 point Orks Empty Re: 2000 point Orks

Post  Smackaelf Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Nice list two things I see glaring at me.
Stikkbombs are a waste of points klaws go last anyway.
U need more trucks or no trucks...... saturation is a key to ork vehicle survival especially without a kff mech.

I've ne ver used lobbas I prefer rockets 9 Str 8 rockets are Kool.
Flash gitZ need rides to be effective. Drive by are the way to run gitZ.

Smackaelf

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Orks are a safety in numbers army and GW only lets you put 12 boyz in a trukk. In my experience, it would be cheaper to just have Trukk sized craters rather than spend the money for the Trukks anyway. I just threw the stikkbombs on because I had a few extra points and nothing to really put them in. Next game I get to play, I'll proxy some Flash Gitz and see how they do, I've never played them before.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Smackaelf Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:58 pm

I run battlewagon orks @ 2k
3 battlewagon
Ghazzy
Kff mech
2x boyz with nob claw and bosspole for wagonz
That's my core then I can run things to how o feel like playing.
9 nobs on bikes w/painboy
Or
2 trucks of boyz & 24 lottas
Or
1 truck of Burma boyz & 12 burna for the wagon

Smackaelf

Back to top Go down

Post  grots life Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:25 pm

I looked closer at the list and the troops listed with Stikkbombs get them as free gear, so, no points spent there and Flash Gits do not get vehicles.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down