Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local Tavern

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Local Tavern Empty Local Tavern

Post  Man-of-War Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Out of Character: (This is something I opened to give people that are bored on here something fun to do. Some people on here rollplay somewhat to a point or play a certain race or whatever. This has been something really fun on most forums and other forum based games I've been on and hope other people will join in on this. Since I'm starting this I'll start by posting what my characters background is and whatnot. Ok and as a warning please no godmoding in here... You don't control the winds blah blah blah.... Trying to make it fun for people not a dissappointment. Also use bold to speak out of character in this please. Anyone can join in if wanting to.. ok now to start us off here I go.)

In the middle of a backwater planet is a tavern of Solaris. Owned by a Dark Eldar outcast named Draconis the tavern used to be an Imperial freighter ship that was converted into the bar that is known as Solaris today. He looks around at all the booths where people sit, the bar where he usually works behind is right where he left it the night before, and wonders if he will ever have customers to serve today. *Sighs* "I've came a long way from commorragh for this. I used to be the top Incubi to Vect himself. Now look at me...." Looks down at his hands in shame as he reflected on his past for a moment. Then wiped the look of shame off his face and walked behind the bar while starting to clean mugs, dishes, and cups for customers. Hoping to have no trouble out of the customers today. If so ready for it with the newly installed security system he's been wanting to try out.... *Laughs* "I hope not to use that on someone..."
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Local Tavern Empty Re: Local Tavern

Post  AllmightyDM Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:56 pm

*A wispy flash of greenish light and smoke crackles and a lone mandrake pops into view. A distinct and sickly greenish hue glows from an ankh shaped wound in his forehead. Unlike his brethren he wears a wychsuit and carries a demiklaive. He speaks with a bit of a snear, but with uncommonly versed language for his kind.* Evening my brother, will the others be arriving soon?
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Continues cleaning the glass that's in his hands... While watching the mandrake appear infront of him. Personally feeling whoosy from the Half-breeds presence. Something not uncommon while around one of such standing in the dark eldar race. Trying to keep an upbeat tone to a the Daemonkin... "Greetings Daemonkin.... I believe more people will be here soon. What can I get you while we wait? I have just about anything you want to eat or drink here at this place..... No offense, but your kind does eat doesn't it? I haven't had much contact with others like you so you have to excuse me if I come off offensive... I don't mean to half-breed... You have a name?"
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:59 pm

*Quirking a brow, the green flares seem to diminish and smoulder.* He says coolly, Dresslock... just Dresslock. And no, I have not come to dine, just to trade in information, and to listen to the canting of those who pass by. I take no offense to being a half breed of a half race, I suppose that makes me one quarter. And that begs the question, what, will I meet today?
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

"Well dresslock.... I have no clue who we'll meet today. My name is Draconis and as you see I'm just an outcast that just settled here on this planet with this freighter I salvaged you see *Raises his hands in a jesture to the area their standing* as a bar I named Solaris." *Walks down the counter a bit and picks a mug up and starts to clean the whole set.* "The lesser race of human Monkeigh used to own this thing before me. They seemed to meet their doom on this planet from what I make out of their bones I've found outside from here... *Smiles a bit and enhales when daydreaming what could have happen to them. Trying to picture in his mind their last dying moments... Then comes back to reality..* What type of information you need dresslock? How is commorragh these nights? I can't really stand this light that comes from the sun on this planet..."
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 pm

The information I need is more of a specific tool for a specific job, when I find the tool, the job will become apparent. This isn't such a thing that I would concern yourself with, you do not appear to be a tool. *Smiling wickedly* As for our fair Commorragh, there is treachery, backstabbing, political maneuvering, and debauchery, nothing new I'm afraid. I would say that I have found a certain wealthy individual who values his time and discression with monkeigh and is searching for a new supply, but I wouldn't assume an outcast would have an interest in such things.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Wealthy individual you say..... I may know where this individual can find uncivilized monkeigh not too far on the other side of the planet. There are some in the forrest around here as well. That's why I put up parimeter defenses around this place linking to an AI that's programmed to kill on them on site. I get rid of the carcasses by a means that doesn't concern you... Lets just say I still have a few people I know in Commorragh that likes stuff like that. That's usually how I harvest essence for myself is from killing the wild monkeigh here. It's exilerating when I go on the hunt here.... The fear, agony, and sorrow... *loses himsef a moment in thought of his last kill... Then comes back* I enjoy it....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 pm

So you ran out of stuff to say Dresslock or waiting for others to come in and make themselves at home? *Moves to cleaning plates now*
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:33 pm

(OOC: I was kind of hoping other people would jump in.)
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 pm

(Me too... This forum is too stagnant)
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 pm

A cloaked figure with a singular glowing inorganic eye enters the tavern. It methodically scans over ghe room looking for tactical positions and examines the occupants briefly as it moves toward the bar. He sits at the bar and removes an antiquated pistol that seems to be very eldrich.
"What would you say this is worth?" The masculine voice broadcasts as he sets it on the bar. He removes the cowl and displays a black Tau helmet but his hands are very human. "And will it get me a drink?"
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh hello there.. *Walks towards his direction alone the bar while grabbing a glass* Welcome to Solaris odd one... The first ones on the house. My name is Draconis the owner of this place.. What will it be for you sir?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:50 pm

The top of the helmet slides up to reveal a grizzled veterans face with old grey eyes and several facial scars.
"Some kind of liquor, and something sweet to wash it down" he smriks as he speaks. "I'm also in need of information... the location of a near by ruin the locals call the eternal temple."
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:42 pm

*slides him a glass of hard Liquor. Followed by a glass of fresh strawberry wine.* Well the locals around here are wild humans. It's why I have a defensive perameter outside that scans for them. They've attacked this place before with bows, arrows, and some of their shamans have the touch of the warp. They worship in a place you might be talking about. I usually find them there when I go out hunting on my own. In a cave north of here in the side of a mountain. Be wary though because their shamans are prominant in there.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 pm

He smiles. His face shows signs of scheming and plotting as he slams the hard liquor and lets it burn for a while before sipping on the wine.
"The shamans are exactly who I'm looking for..." voilence bleeds from his words. "You dont seem fond of the natives..."
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:42 pm

"Well the natives as it where are what I prey on sir. My race needs the essence of something that's in it's deathrows, suffering, or tortured to their limits to feed on.... It's gruesome, but it's a curse I'd say we bare for being able to live forever until we are killed." Walks to the other side of the bar and starts to clean a glass. "That's the reason the natives don't like me is because I feed on their warriors that are tainted. I don't hurt the women and children because the race needs to live on. Plus I only kill one unlucky fellow every other day. Usually someone unlucky enough to try to get past my sentry guns outside."
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:13 pm

" Those shamans are my target. Remove their leadership to clear the way for the greater good and my brothers to show them the light. Theres a mighty profit for your help if your interested..."
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 pm

"Well a profit will be ok I guess." Bumps the counter and a splinter rifle drops from the ceiling joice above into his hands. Puts the strap across his body to carry it on his back. Then goes to a trap door in the floor that opens to a safe. Turning the combination to make it open. Pops open with a hiss to reveal a suit of ancient armor laying down the length of the safe. He grabs the blast pistol from its holster and the Huskblade with scabbard out to fasten it to his hip. Bumps the safe and it shuts with a hiss of compression. Looks at the stranger as he walks around the bar. "I needed a little excitement in the day. So I'll close shop a moment or better yet." Snaps fingers and a servitor walks up from the back. "I had him reprogrammed to watch the bar in my stead."
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:37 am

"I am Chrase of the Altican Vesa'rai." He extends his hand in confirmation of the forged alliance. Keeping his primary hand ready for treachery. As a bulky tau drone hovers in. "I lost my entire team to thise shamans an was only able to take down one. They are powerful. Do you know of anyone else who can get this job done?"He says cooly. "It will take more than the two of us."
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:54 am

Takes his hand and shakes it. "I'm Archon Draco Kahless... Last of the Kabal of Drakhal from Commorragh and true bloodline to the Draconian throne in the Gang quarters there." Holsters his blast pistol in the casing on his hip. "I have friends in Commorragh still in low places." Releases his grip from Chrases hand. Then walks to a closet on the other side of the room. Unlocks it with a key to reveal a few weapons. Takes a pistol out, closes the door, and offers it to Chrase with his hand open. The gun resting in the palm of his hand. "This will help take it. It's like a tranquilizer dart gun, but it cuts the shamans off from the warp once their hit instead of knocking them unconscious. My Hormonculi friends made it for me. They use the devices it shoots to cut warp users off while they torture their victims. If we go in stealthy we can manage it I believe."

Last edited by Kunnin N Kwik on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:09 pm

"Stealth is what i do."He says as he primes the tau stealth feild generator and pulls a sniper rifle that would make the earth cast proud and an imperial weaponsmith sick. The rifle is a mixture of tau and imperial technology. "How far are their settlements and temples?"
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm

"Nice gun..." Stares at it a moment. "I prefer melee." Pulls the huskblade out of the scabbard. The reaking smell of deaths mixture of poisons that where forged into the blade start to fill the room. "This will kill even the mightest of beasts with one cut." After he stares at its colors for a moment of deep purples to blue ranges. Then he sheaths it in the scabbard. "Also this...." Primes a field of energy called the shadow field that looks like shadows swirling around him..."will let the enemy be confused where I am in a room once I start moving.. I'm the distraction anyway I take it?" he Looks at Chrase.. "It's a eight mile hike north through forrests, swamps, and settlements. There is good news... On the way back will be easy." Pulls a sphere out of a pouch at his side that looks like a storm is raging in the middle of it. "We Dark Eldar use these to get to a place faster than expected. It's called a webway portal. I have a field generator behind the counter there for a quick exit if needed.. Your choice there though..."
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

"As long as its not a trap."He stares back and smiles. Chrase activates a holo map. And points to a region this is where my team inserted. If u can take us there we can activate the distress beacon and bring reinforcements. Should we fail."
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:45 pm

"I can take you there. I also have a couple of jetbikes in the back if we need them." Motions at the door to the back. Then pushes it open to show the two jetbikes. "We'll have to be careful with them because they go faster than probably you've ever seen someone go. It's hard to control and you need experience... or drugs to drive them well." Steps towards chrase. "So when we are leaving? My servitor can handle the bar until we return from our trip." Walks to the counter and reaches under it. Pulls out a sirenge with green liquid in it. Plunges it into his arm and injects the liquid into his system while his eyes go in the back of his head. Shivers a moment then stares up at the world around him. Seeing it move almost as it is slow motion. Grabs another sirenge from the bar for backup. "I can get you to that place. Do you want to radio backup first or go in first and if we need backup then radio?"
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:35 pm

"Sounding the alarm to bring in reinforcements will keep their warriors off of us, and since the shamans are are re sure of my teams death, they shouldn't expect a second attempt on their lives. You may have more experience dealing with psykers. Would they predict this?" He walks toward the jet bikes.
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next