Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard

5 posters

Go down

Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard Empty Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 am

We run alot of group games and last night it was Justin (jkpz) and I against Ryan (uktena), pat (fulange), and Hinkel. I had been a little dissappointed with Justin's gray knights and I decided instead of splitting our force 50/50 with GK and Dark Eldar, we did our full 2k spread with GK.

We ended up with 2 control points on a spearhead table, our strategy was razorbacks and rhinos transporting Strike force with a hammer and psycannon in each, a stormraven with draigo, a dreadnought, and 5 paladins, and finally 2 dreadknights via Draigo's infiltrate rules.

When we got to the match we saw what we were up against an IG flier with lasers, 3 Leman Russ (sp), 4 apc's with vetrans and flamers, a bassilisk (sp?), and a teleporting group of about 10 terminators and an hq with them. We placed our objective as close as we could to there's, I could see it was going to be a running battle, given we are more powerful in melee. On our opponent's first turn we lost the stormraven and an apc, luckily nothing exploded and I believe that was the majority of our losses. Now the raven dropped the dreadnought and we sacrificed him to the termies and we started driving across the map, getting pounded by IG guns the whole way there. The dreadknights absorbed alot of fire and stunned a few vehicles giving us a little relief. The IG tanks eventually finished both of them off and we tankshocked 2 groups of IG that had gotten knocked out of their tanks. They death or glorried and our tank exploded, which was our best case scenario, wiping out a large portion of 20 troops, who were finished off by strike squad and dreadknight heavy psycannon fire.

By the end of the match we had killed all but a the flyer, the leman russ, the basilisk, and the terminator group, we were standing on the objective with a single strike squad member and draigo. It ended in a draw, but I have to say that the match restored some of my respect for GK.

I hadn't been overly impressed with GK, but they do seem playable to me, and once Justin gets some more experience with them I'm sure they will be just as dangerous as any other army.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard Empty Re: Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard

Post  jkpz28 Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah, Im still feeling out GK and made some pretty big buy mistakes for 2 matches. The last few games have been alot better. The GK only sucked bc I sucked it up at running them lol.
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard Empty Re: Gray Knights vs Dark Angels and Imperial guard

Post  thecapn226 Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Remember that no army is point and click. Every army requires you know what your capable of, and that only comes from experience. Just keep playing and you'll get the hang of it.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Hurry JP the deldar are attacking more helpless imperial planets... lol come save them
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpz28 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 pm

They called the local Tau forces to handle Dark Eldar. Shouldnt be a problem.
jkpz28
jkpz28
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Should have brought space wolves Razz i would really enjoy a three way game
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:10 pm

lol they better phone a friend
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Sure how about more space wolves, grey knights, blood angels, and raven guard? Razz
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey I love enslav... I mean fighting more space marines. lol
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 pm

And i think dark eldar make the best chew toys Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm

I will say space wolves usually give me a run for my money.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:09 pm

We Dark Eldar don't invade. We ambush from the shadows taking prisoners back for sport in our wych arenas.. Hormonculi would love to get their hands on some live wolf astartes for their torchure gardens... I'm pretty sure the Big man in commorragh himself Vect would love to feast on your astartes essence as you die a painful prolonged death.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Im sure he would, since hes too cowardly to leave and meet on the battlefield where logan grimnar would stomp him to death Razz
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 pm

lmao.... You think Vect just sits on his throne in commorragh? Believe me you wouldn't want him to take the time out of planning against his other backstabbing enemies in Commorragh. Usually if he rides out of commorragh on the Dias then all the Dark Eldar under his banner goes as well which is most of Commorragh. It would be an awesome sit to behold... Dark Portals opening up on a planet with waves of Raiders coming from them....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Yeah the dark fairies tried that on fenris once, apparently it was too cold? Razz
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Your talking about Thousand sons on that... Not dark eldar.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down