Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40k Campaign

+7
Chaos Pat
Necron
thecapn226
Admin
EmeraldWolf
Man-of-War
HereticWolf
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

40k Campaign  Empty 40k Campaign

Post  HereticWolf Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 am

I would like to run a sunday campaign. I'm wanting to run 5 days worth of gaming.
I would like 4 or 6 or 8 players with a 2k list, a 1000pt team list, and a small 500 pt list...then finally a 2500 pt list for the finish
after I would get the army's I will post the fluff behind the campaign as far who and why just in case we have like 4 nids or all chaos players or eldar in there you know.
each player would select a special character for their army he will gain exp for what happens in each game. IE did you kill the HQ, secured x, won the game. At each level of exp your Character will get to roll on a chart 1-6 and will gain that benefit for the following games so long as you don't lose the next game. If you lose your game he/she will lose all special abilities.
I would like to run day one planet strike rules 2k total
Assaulting army gets 1500pts to start with and roughly 500pts in reserve
The second battle will be a typical 2k battle with special rules depending on who won the previous battle
The third will be a team battle. With again special rules depending who won or lost
the fourth battle will be a skirmish style game 500pt in this game you will determine what benefits your team will receive in the final battle
and the last game will be a 2500 pt game with apocalypse rules
This campaign doesnt have to be every sunday I have no problem catering to peoples days off ect..
and it would only be one game each day we play and I plan on writing a short story that follows what happens each day.
If there is any interest please let me know I would love to run this! I'm kind of ready for something new in the world of 40k
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

40k Campaign  Empty Re: 40k Campaign

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 pm

If it's in february I'd be interested.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 am

Im always down for a campaign Smile
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 am

Making the move to the correct forum!!! Great idea though!

Admin
Admin

https://southmsgamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 am

If planning on Feb remember there is going to be a club tourney that month as well.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:04 am

There is a club tourney every month isnt there? Lol
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 pm

I think for now we have our players it's going to be a small event for now a test drive if you will then if it goes well and it's fun I will post a new improved set of rules ect for a larger event what i would love to eventually do is run a campaign that ends with a team tourney to decide the true winners with prize support at the end
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I would love to play Smile
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Jaks has a tourny every month. This is going to be a smg one like the left over rumble was
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Well if we could get a themed Jaks tourney to go with the end of the campaign we might be able to combine forces to get a battle box or something at the end. I mean why not? It would be a fun event with a competitive edge and I'm sure sonny would throw in support if we asked him
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 am

So I'd like to start the weekend of the 12th of February. So if your in please post your army and start getting a 2k and 1k list together. I'd like 2 imperial races and 2 xeno/chaos races at a minimum. If we get 6 players do the math unless its eldar or tau the bisexuals of the 40k world as they play for both teams. We can work out game days for peoples schedules and what-not. I am really excited to run this. Just let me know.
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:55 pm

As I mentioned earlier I would love to play. I can of course play Necrons but if it would help the campaign I can do a respectable UltraMarine chapter list. In fact I am going to play Ultra's in this next Jak's get together. I'll have some models I bet some of you have never seen. That should be fun also. I see where you might have to limit the participants in the campaign. Not to worry if Smile I don't make the cut but sure would love to mix it up .............. thanks for considering
Necron ..... Dan .....
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 pm

We have room bud play what you want, We can accommodate next Thursday we are getting together to discuss when we are going to start, days we want to play , and rules of engagement if your interested come to Jaks nect Thursday at 11 if not thursday we can talk about it on Sunday at the tourney
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Pat Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am

If there is still room to join i'll participate and use my iron warriors
Chaos Pat
Chaos Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 pm

I won't be able to come that early on thursdays at 11. It'll be later that evening around 3 or 4 I can be there on thursdays. I'm off on weekends.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Thursday's will be make up days Sunday's will be primary days. On Sunday feb 12 or Saturday feb 11. We can all get together and lay down final rules and army lists of 2500 pts 2000 pts lists with a 500 pt sideboard
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm

What links thes battles together? What game mechanic makes this a campaign? I see that characters keep gained attributes, and that is cool. Are there equipment, items, or objectives that can be gained and kept from battle to battle? What makes this any different from playing 5 games from week to week that is just linked to gether by teams and fluff?

I dont mean to seem critical but these are things that typically make a campaign a campaign. I love ur ideas but if at all possiblei would like one oris more of these elements added to either this campaign or the next. Just my 2cents Smile

Beyond that im looking forward to this Smile

Last edited by EmeraldWolf on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i missed a part in the orignal read over lol :P)
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm

I have revised rules but I'm not trying to complicate things too much for my first run at this. And to answer your questions items are a bit much but I have a carryover objective. And I wanted to talk to everyone about the benefit carry over on lead units before I enacted it
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:06 pm

OK guys so here is my rough draft of the rules
Everyone should bring a 2500 pt army Max army size will be 2000pts the extra 500 is for minor edits along the way
You will only have the units in your 2500 pts to use during the campaign for edits and smaller list games choose wisely.
If you guys have any changes you think might be need please feel free to shoot them to me. Thanks for looking and playing in advance.

Week one: Death to the heretic
Deployment - standard
Defender 2000 pts/ Attacker 2000pts
Primary - Objectives 5 pts
Secondary - Table Quarters 1 pt per quarter
Tertiary - Kill Points 1
Imperium - attacker
Apoc Bombardment x2 starting turn 2

Xeno - Defender
Bunkers, Tunnels, Minefields

Week 2 Return Fire

2000/2000 pts
Deployment - attacker gets 18" and defender gets 12"
attacker - gets 2000
preferred enemy max pts 3 (one unit)
furious charge Max pts 5

Defender -2000pts
Camoflage min pts 3
tunnels min pts 5

Primary - kill points 5 pts
Secondary - objectives 1 pt per objective held
Tertiary - activate/hold becon 3 pts
activating the becon allows on a 3+ roll to bring in one killed unit from reserves

Week 3 HELP!!
team battle 1000/1000
Deployment 18" on short table edges
whichever team activated the beacon they get 1 pre-game orbital strike
attacker - takes 1st turn on a 3+
prefered enemy (one unit) max pts 3
Furious charge max pts 5
defender - deploys 1st
player 1 deploys in base player 2 comes on the table as if coming as re-enforcements
base ruins are considered bolstered and HQ building is an av 13 building w/whirlwind turret or equivilant wepon on top it can only fire twice.
primary - destroy/defend the base
in order to destroy the base player 1's HQ must be killed and none other be w/n 3" of the HQ bldg at the end of your turn.
secondary - kill points
tertiary - find the oppositions battle plans! kill player 2's HQ not in the bldg

Week 4 kill team only 1 HQ is allowed in this game
We will be playing on half the table for this one
Deployment dawn of war w/ 6" from table edge
this week is the final opp to take away vital bonuses for the winning players
players may take only one HQ
attacker - 300pts
defender -350pts

primary - destroy/defend vital objectives
10 oblectives will be scattered around the board only 5 will be real objectives the other 5 will be traps.
roll a D6 to see what happens
1 explodes str 4 ap - 6"
2 explodes str 4 ap- 3"
3 explodes str 8 ap single model
4 explodes str 9 ap 2 single model
5 no effect
6 no effect

Week 5 End of the Road

Apocalypse game please no super heavies as most of us don't have any lol
1500/1500 pts or 2000/2000pts
for every destroyed objective 1 set of ruins becomes unbolstered, if 3 or more are destroyed the orbital bombardment is stolen
team with the most total wins has conquered the planet they will recieve the following benefits:
all ruins held are considered bolstered. supream HQ, orbital bombardment

the losing team must push to take the planet bck! they will gain the following benefits:
Unlimited reserves - whenever a unit dies in combat you may return it to play on the following turn as if coming from reserves (no deep striking)
Surgical raids, Precision Strike

Primary - Objectives
Secondary - Kill Points
Tertiary - Kill opponants General!

at the begining of each battle each player selects a non-HQ unit and rolls a D6 see kill team chart for added abilities. These abilities are retained only if your unit does not die. Should your unit perish so do all acquired benefits.
Imperial table
1. grizzeled veterans - can re-roll all to hit rolls for one full turn ( shooting and CC )
2. Honors of the Chapter - all units w/n 12" are fearless
3. Berzerkers - Have feel no pain, furious charge
4. Masters of the warp - may re-roll any failed psychic tests
5. tank hunters
6. Emperors favor - 5+ invul save
Xeno table
1.poisoned - all CC attacks wound on a 3+ or 1 extra pain token
2. Enraged - furious charge or a free wahhhhhhhh
3. Possessed - takes on the deamon traits
4. Tech upgrades - BS+1 or a 5+ cover save
5. Gifts of the damned - deep strike does not scatter
6. Path of vengeance - all CC attacks have rending on a 5+ for one turn

Last edited by HereticWolf on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  EmeraldWolf Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Sounds good!
EmeraldWolf
EmeraldWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:15 am

Hey also a new addition only one of ea HQ may be fielded at a time in case you guys play the same army
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:58 pm

HereticWolf wrote:OK guys so here is my rough draft of the rules
........................... Max army size will be 2000pts the extra 500 is for minor edits along the way

Are Force Organization restrictions imposed at the 2500 pts level or are they imposed at the 2000 pts level with the 500 points being a detachment that carries its own Force Organization? ref: Warhammer 40K Rule Book Multiple detachment games pg 87?
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 pm

the idea I had was 2000 pt games and 500 pts extra on the side to option in or out of your list. I haven't read any rules on how you would actually do that lol
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:39 am

one way is as noted on page 87 of the rule book ..... where it talks about multiple detachments. You would have a main army at say 200o points with a force org filling out the most of the slots 2 HQ 3E 6T 3 FA 3Hvy ( filled in this order (1) 1HQ 2T, (2) 1HQ 4T 3E, (3) 3FA 3Hvy). Then you would have a 500 detachment with a force org of 1HQ and 2T the compulsory choices. That could give you a total of 3HQs. As the Campaign Leader all you have to do is set the points and the force org you want the player to comply with. Another option is 2500 with a full force org across all 2500 points. From there you subdivide units into a 2000 point army and a 500 point army. This way each army will have one each of your 2 HQs. There are lots of ways to skin this cat we just need todecide before we start. Thanks for listening ..... I think Forec Org selection is criticle to the game play ............ other thoughts any one

Last edited by Necron on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add a thought on HQs)
Necron
Necron

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I say build a 2500 point list with standard force org to make things kind of easy. Then when its game time you can do a little bit of swapping say an HQ or a troop choice or something to better fit your 2K list. I don't really see a point of making a separate detachment that wont actually be used you know what I mean? Also when building your 2k lists remember that you can only use units from your 2500 pt list of guys. This is to represent The strike force that was either sent or has been able to wake up to this point.
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next