Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booby traps

Go down

Booby traps Empty Booby traps

Post  grots life Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Any ideas for booby traps for a City of Death scenario?
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Booby traps Empty Re: Booby traps

Post  grots life Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Well, here's a list that I devised. Eight of them are bad and two are good. My hope is to use 15 objective markers in a game and have them numbered with 5 actual objectives and this list of traps. I will print out this list with different orders do nobody can memorize the numbers and just go straight for the actual objectives as they will have different numbers each time. My hope is that the list of traps will add a small amount of danger without skewering the game one way or another. If you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

1. Bomb – S8 blast (roll 2d6, double 1’s or 6’s the blast template is large)
2. Bugs! – Unit disturbs a nest of genestealers. D6 attack as if having charged. Stay on board until destroyed. If they defeat triggering unit, they will move in a straight line to the nearest unit and attack.
3. Shokk Attack – The warp opens and a random shokk attack gun blast emerges. Standard deviation applies.
4. Fooled – Radio signals are scrambled and opponent controls the unit in the next movement phase.
5. Stuck – It’s a gooey trap and the unit is unable to move next turn. Can still stand and fire.
6. Bounced – Model claiming objective is flung 2d6 inches in random direction (use scatter die). Next movement turn, unit must move into coherency if necessary.
7. Pinned – Unit is assumed to be under fire and instantly goes to ground.
8. Horror! – Unit must make leadership test at -2 or break and run.
9. Reinforced – Unit receives d6 reinforcements (standard troopers)
10. Salvage – Unit finds a usable power weapon and may equip one model with it.
grots life
grots life

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum