Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Dark Eldar Fluff

3 posters

Go down

My Dark Eldar Fluff Empty My Dark Eldar Fluff

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Well I've been thinking about what is my favorite race in 40k that I want to do this year since I have the necrons where I want them. Plus I've seen other people write fluff about their armies so I was like why not you now. I have alot of ideas, but Dark Eldar has to be my favorite out of the armies I have played. So this year I will be writing fluff about the Dark Eldar Archon I made up in the roleplaying part of this forum. So without further adue here is the fluff......

Computer Entry....
Ordo Xenos inquisitor....
Password:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Password cleared....
*Pull up the xenos with highest threat*
Searching database...

Xenos profile: Duke Draco Kahless "The Dragon"
Location: Unknown... Last known location was the planet Xanos on the borders of the imperium.
Known Information: Started as a barkeep in the planet Xanos. Now disappeared from that location. Rumored to be gathering forces to take back his seat in commorragh.
***End Entry... Emperor be with you Ordo Xenos***

Now on the border of the solar system from the planet called armegeddon there is a ripple in space on the shadow of this one moon. Herald by a electric crack in space a ship appears from the dark webway portal. The runes on it's side made out the vessel to be called the "Blade of Darkness". There on the bridge of the ship was dark with a thin figure with a sword and a alien pistol strapped to his side you can only see from the front opening for his dragonskin cowl hid most of his features. Draco looked about the bridge crew to see if anyone was out of place. "Turn the viewer on and magnify 20 times." Finally seeing the planet wracked by war with the orks and monkeigh alike. It will be the best hunting ground they've had for sometime. He sits in the command throne and swirves it around to face one of the crew that was behind him. "Hack into the monkeighs database... Find something good to adapt to our holo-fields... Maybe a supply craft to go through that wall of bulky ships that the monkeighs have around that planet." The crewman hits a few Dark Eldar runes and the ship starts to hum proof that the holo-fields are working. After seeing what the crewman adapted them to he turned the throne to face the communications. "You better make this good if they try to contact us or else I will make an appointment for you with the hormonculi to have your eyelids taken off." The crewman working the communications jerked a bit when he said that. Draco stood up and walked to the front of the bridge to the pilot. "Bring us in nice and slow just like a monkeigh vessel. Weapons..." He shot a grin to the crewman working the weapons console. "Prime the forward Darklight cannons and keep them ready just incase the monkeigh are curious of us. We may need to blast our way through if it comes to it."

The ship starts to make its way towards the Imperial Blockade. On the bridge of the Blade of Darkness the crew are starting to get edgy.

Draco grumbles a bit, "If any of you fail me it will be to the homonculi with you. Do you understand me?" Then all the sudden a Imperial cruiser takes an interest in what looks like the supply craft. It was by itself for a few clicks through space. Perfect for an ambush.

The crewmember at the communications, "It's trying to communicate Duke."

He looks at the woman, "Let them meet static. Helm turn about towards them." Starts walking back to the command throne and sits in it with a grin. "We are just a friendly vessel." Looks at the crewman working the holo-field. "Scan it into our library of doppelgangers for ships."

The crewman nods.

"Drop the holo-field. Fullweapons fire...." The Holo-shield drops to reveal the vessel that resembled a imperial cruiser sized sword. The Darklight weapons catch the monkeigh vessel off guard destroying it outright. "Holo-shields up with that ship we destroyed being our identity. Communications accept all communications that the monkeigh vessel will recieve. Helm take orbit on the path that the vessel was taking." The bridge clicked as everyone knew what to do. He looked to the communications crewman while she answered a comm link with the other monkeigh vessels. "Do they miss their friend?" She shook her head no. "Good... Keep this act up while our forces make planetfall." Gets up and leaves the bridge to make his way to the transport bay.

Well that's it for now on the fluff. Will be continued later on.

Last edited by Cunnin N Qwik on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

My Dark Eldar Fluff Empty Re: My Dark Eldar Fluff

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 pm

So what does everyone think of it so far?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Cool

Pretty cool, good start its hard to start with a battle scene but looks like you are doing just fine cant wait to see the next installment!
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Thankyou... I blame around 8-9 years of typing in roleplaying chatrooms for different things from Marvel superheroes, star trek, Medieval battles, Werewolves vs Vampire, and DnD roleplaying. Also back in high school I used to DM a Superhero DnD in the back of the bus on the way home. Tryed to write my own books before and I have good ideas, but it's hard to keep going. Plus the way my mind works it's like I keep myself at chaos. Kinda like I'm my own worst critic.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 am

Draco makes it to the transport bay. "Did our scouts plant the portals on the planet?" He glares at his 2nd in command a thin pail skinned female dark eldar going by the name Vayl. Back in commoragh she was a gladiator in the arena. Now an outcast like Draco, but still ambitious. A characteristic that Draco admired in her. She looked up at Draco, "Yes my Duke the scouts opened a comm link with us saying that the portals are in position." Hearing her say this Draco grinned a bit while he climbs into his raider filled with Incubi. Each Incubi warrior was clad in the ancient suits that where passed down through generations along with a two handed sword that was their expertise. Vayl climbed into her raider with her wych body guard. Other 2 venoms where being loaded with warriors joined on the flanks by the Reaver biker gang that Draco recruited to his cause. All the anti-grav engines started humming in the transport bay. Draco stood in the raider and grinned while speaking, "We are hunting for anything... Mostly Monkeigh, but if the Ork stand in our way grab them as well. Their are some altered Monkeigh warriors on this planet as well. The hormonculi in the underbelly of the Blade of Darkness will want them alive to harvest their organs for their own purposes...." He looked around to see if everyone was ready before sitting down. Then motioned at the portal in the back of the bay... "Open the portal to the 1st receiver the scouts laid on the planet." The portal opened with a crack of electricity. "Now let us strike...." At his word all the vehicles started speeding through the portal at high speeds to the planet portal below.

When they came through the portal on the planet. The first thing they see was an imperial outpost in the middle of the wasteland outskirts from the hive cities being attacked by Orks. The outpost was surrounded by steel battlements and only 1 turret active that was facing the Orks. They where snarling and drooling with their Nob leader leading the Orks they where going to be hard to deal with. Draco motioned the two Reaver gangs to engage. They knew exactly what to do. They sped past the Orks slicing into them with their bladevanes on the bikes. Slicing the Nob of the group across the chest. The Nob bellowed a challenge to any worthy fow. Dracos raider stopped infront of the mob and he stepped out then motioned for the incubi to attack the other greenskins their weapons hummed to life as they started cutting swathes into the orks. The Nob charged Draco which he dodged the Ork as if he was clumsy his reflexes surpassed the Ork by far. The Nob bellowed again drool going everywhere then tried to swing at him. Again he sidestepped the Ork this time pulling his Huskblade sword out catching the Ork in the belly. It was a swift cut almost as if the blade was going through water with the powerfield being on. The one slice would have killed anything which he thought the ork survived which would have been a miracle. The Ork turned and was still standing for a moment then fell face first infront of him on the way down the Ork mumbled "Zog it" whatever that means. The toxins running through the Orks body was so potent that the body was already decomposing before his eyes. He turned the power off on the sword and sheathed it before he gotten tired from the smell of the different toxins on the blade which is even deadly when enhailed enough. He looked about the battlescene unfolding around him. The incubi doing their job that they do best which is butchering the enemy. Their two handed swords cutting through the orks like knifes through butter. Vayl and her wyches where cartwheeling through the outpost putting shardnets on different disarmed monkeigh. Their bodies almost acted as if they had unnatural reflexes. He grinned as he watched the chaos unfold. Then glanced at the reavers and venoms doing their job of scouting around the area after the initial hit which was critical because his small force doesn't need to be trapped.

Vayl walks up to him, "We have 22 monkeigh captured my lord.. Their where no signs of the altered ones." He turns a bit with dissappointment wrote across his features, "Well maybe the next portal will have some that we can bring back." Vayl looked worried now, "You know that was the deal with the Hormonculi coven was to bring back some altered ones right." His voice now boomed with anger, "I know this and don't forget you place or else I could leave you here on this planet." With a little bit of dissappointment they all loaded the prisoners onto the raiders and made it back to the 1st portal. Disappearing back to their ships transport bay.

Last edited by Kunnin N Kwik on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 am

Pretty good, except you didnt describe the battle scene the only thing you mention was an imperial guard outpost. Were they on dirt, grass, or a beach you get the point. However the main character is growing on me and he fits the description of a dark elder perfectly.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Sorry I was a bit tired then. I'll edit it with more of a clearer discription of the battle around him as well. I edited it so that it's better in detail.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:32 pm

They all arrive at the transport bay of the ship. Draco steps down from his raider and walks toward the door of the bay. The door slides open with a familiar face. The hormonculi of the vessel was bulkier than any of his warriors. Plus 4 arms, a coat that slipped over his frame that was made of the skin from past victims, and these little stitched together creatures that the hormonculi created where a regular little shop of horrors. Flanked on each side of the hormonculi was his experimental minion wracks called the unknown. The Hormonculi grinned with a disturbing smile full of razor sharp teeth, "Greetings Draco..... How fairs the first hunt?"

Draco sighed, "Well we captured 22 monkeigh."

The Hormonculi looked over at the monkeigh.

Draco ignored his gaze, "Well Master Ghruul I didn't find any of the altered ones. Next time we hunt in a few hours after we all feed will be a new location. Hopefully the altered monkeigh will be there."

Ghruul looked back to Vayl, "So is this true wych?"

She didn't want to meet his gaze so she looked at one of the stitched horrors perched on the Ghruuls shoulder it resembled 2 different arms from 2 different races stitched to aliens head, "Yes Ghruul that is correct. We must feed to regain strength."

Ghruul motioned at the 'unknown' to take the prisoners to the torture chambers. They walked with a gaping walk towards the prisoners all the while clicking and popping in a weird form of communication between them. As they exit the bay with the 22 prisoners. Ghruul then motions for Draco, "Come with me to my garden in the belly of the ship to take your pick of the monkeigh to feed off of." Together they exited the bay and started walking down to the belly of the ship.

Within moments they where at the torture room, which Ghruul calls his garden on the ship. Draco looked around and it was different prisoners from their past raids kept alive while still having their eyes rolled back in their heads in searing pain. Draco can smell the essence of their souls in pain. It was invigorating feeling. Dracos skin color turned from pail to normal. Anymore time and he would have started to age rapidly over a short time. It was his races curse to live this way. This did allow them to live forever though. "So what did you drag me down here for Ghruul?"

The Hormonculi gave a wicked grin again almost like he expected Draco to say that. "Do you remember our deal?"

Draco snorted in frustration, "Of course I remember our deal Ghruul. You need one of the Altered ones or else."

Ghruul pointed a finger at Draco, "Yes or else this...." He took a knife to his own throat slitting it with a gurgling sound. Then all the sudden the wound knitted itself back together, "Do you understand that Draco? I brought you back to life by cloning you once and putting your memories in this new body for you. That was our pact long ago.... In return you where to find me some of the altered ones so I can extract their organs... Those Organs which the Monkeigh call Gene-seed is really important to me."

Draco sighed, "Yes I remember our pact Ghruul and I won't forget it. Because of you I'm no longer a True-born, but you helped me cheat death and for that I'm in your debt I know. You still must wait longer though." After saying that he thought it wise to exit the chambers before Ghruul thought of him as an experiment. On the way out he saw two Grotesques flanking the door to the chamber. They where both asleep and only awaken when their master calls. A cold chill ran up Dracos spine at the site of them as he walked out. He knew that in a few hours they'll try again on the 2nd receiver coming up in a few hours. He grinned at the possibilities.

Last edited by Cunnin N Qwik on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:47 am

That was cool, especially the cutting the throat part, and we learn some of the main character's history.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:59 am

Yeah I was thinking of that scene while I was as work today... Soon as I came home I typed it out... I thought it better for the story if my character wasn't a trueborn, but only a trusted few know he's not. Also Ghruul I thought was a nice addition to it. I read alot of how the hormonculi are so old from their flesh reknitting itself back together... So I thought a demonstration was in order... I added a bit of humor in the previous post... the Ork mummbling Zog it as he falls face first infront of him lol.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 am

Interesting story, please continue.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:53 pm

The trip to the bridge of the ship was a short one, but on the way Draco was able to think about how to solve his problem with Ghruul. No Dark Eldar would ever cross a hormonculi otherwise end up in one or as one of their 'works of art'.. Something that he had no desire to be. The hormonculi do have the key to eternal life though through cloning. He thought back on his last moments of living before he died. He was doing a raid on a altered ones vessel. These monkeigh warriors though where worshiping the forces of chaos they had a Daemon Head with fire writhed around it painted on the left shoulder. One came at him with a melta and connected. The surviving incubi carried him half alive back to the Blade of Darkness. There he remembered Ghruul coming up to him as he was dying and the pact was made during his last few breaths. Kinda like the Hormonculi took advantage of him.
During all the daydreaming he made it to the bridge. "Open the view screen.." The screen popped up..
The communications crewmember turned, "We are recieving a message from our scouting party on the ground."
Draco had a look of anger, "Patch it through...." The signal was faint, but enough to make out certain points.. "My Duke..... under attack..... backup now...... altered ones attacking....." then it fades out. Draco grimaced a bit, "Keep an eye out on Monkeigh signals. We are possibly discovered. Do not fail me." He walks back towards the transport bay knowing that the last signal he heard was from their next location they strike. On the way he stopped by the armory a moment. The room had every choice of dark eldar weaponry you can imagine lining the wall. Grabbing a power cell for his blast pistol then puts it in the holster. Leaves the Huskblade at his side, but grabs another weapon. This weapon resembled a mace/scepter. He flicked the power on for it and it hummed to life with a power field about a half a foot playing around the head of it. Adjusts the powerfield until finally a static discharge hits the wall. Finally at the max setting he walks over to a test target. Swings it about 2 feet away from it and it makes the target explode. He grinned, "Perfect..." Walks out the armory to the transport bay. While walking he taps his communicator that's hardwired into his ear, "All warriors, hellions, incubi, and wyches assemble in the bay...." He then changes the frequency, "Ghruul if you want to accompany me you may." Ghruul on the other end grumbled, "Yes the battle would be good for me to be hurting again.." Ghruul trailed off with a creepy laugh that sent chills up Dracos back. He didn't let that phase him though. He walked into the bay filled with raiders, venoms, reaver bikes, and hellions powerboards. He waited for the warriors he called to arm themselves after 2 hours of rest.

Last edited by Cunnin N Qwik on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Well I'm losing my internet today so it'll be a week before I get it back I think maybe longer.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Ok well been thinking on it alot so I thought I'd continue this... I hope the admin moves this to the fluff thread please sir....

Draco mounted up in his personal raider with his incubi guard in tow. He looked around and seen Ghruul get into another raider to the left with a couple of grotesques which followed. He turned and watched as his 2nd in command Vayl the witch siren get into her raider with blood brides surrounding her. Draco grinned to make the illusion that he wasn't worried about the next raid. To be honest he'd have to be brutally cunning this time to pull off what Ghruul wants. He stood up in his raider while pulling his sword out to point it at the portal.

"My warriors when we go through this portal it will be at the battlezone that the scouts where last at. Be on your guard because the altered monkeigh will be in the area. We need them wounded to a point, but not dead. If any of you kill them by accident then make sure you do not destroy the bodies. If you fail me on this I will replace you...." Points his sword at the hellions and warriors that are in he venoms. "I know that other people won't fail me while their with me."

After that speech the portal opened up so the raid was underway. The raiders was first to arrive planet side. Draco was still standing on the raider scanning the horizon for anything. Seeing a base of the enemy off in a distance he then grinned and pointed that direction which immediately changed the direction they where going. With his sharp eyes he saw a squad of the altered ones in green armor, dragon head on the right pauldron, Flame on the other....

"We are in luck..."

As his raider closed in he saw a psyker come out of the rhino that was parked in the base. I need to restrain that one before 'She who thirsts' uses the pitiful monkeigh as a window. He motioned for the party to keep going through the base as he and his incubi handled this squad. The raider glided to a halt infront of the imperial rhino. Draco leaped out of the raider the incubi he motioned for them to go after the squad leaving the Psyker for him. Then he issued a challenge to the Psyker.

"You there monkeigh!!" He starts walking towards the psyker.

The librarian answered, "Filthy Xenos Scum... I will kill you in the name of the emperor..." Energy started to channel through his sword he had drawn. Then charged..

Draco dodged which was something that wasn't that easy with the power of the warp coursing through the psyker.

The librarian looked at Draco and started to chant something. At this point Draco started running towards the psyker. The psyker whenever Draco was half way to him through a fireball conjuered by the warp.

Draco had only a split second to react to what what happening, but with his reflexes he was able to draw his sword infront of him which with the power on cut a path through the fireball. The psyker couldn't react to him in time to stop his offensive. He emerged through the fireball going at all speed to the psyker. He cut him once across the chest area. While the librarian was dying at his feet he spoke...

"By Vulkans wrath you won't be rid of me... Filthy Xenos Scum... " Then panic rushed across his face. The psykers body was trying to fight the toxins going into his system. Then his eyes rolled in the back of his head and he spoke with a different voice, "Well well... I have come for you now. I am the prince of excess and you all know this. Your all mine....." Then he starts laughing obviously being corrupted.j

Then before Draco could severe his head the psyker done one more thing which ripped a hole into reality. Daemons where coming through the small hole. Draco grimaced at the site of them and then screamed to Ghruul, "Close the portal quick before more comes..."

Ghruul laughed a bit and pulled out something from his pocket. He through it at the rip into the warp and it shattered which instantly emploded the rip in the fabric of reality.

Draco was releived cause only 2-3 daemonetes came out which was easy prey for Vayl and her blood brides to scythe down. As they where wrapping things up. He approached Ghruul, "Do you have enough specimens here?"

Ghruul had a twisted look across his face, "Why yes I do. More than enough to pay back your debt to me."

Draco sighed, "Good lets start collecting the bodies for your extraction.." He motioned for his warriors to gather the bodies to return to the Blade of Darkness. He walked back to his raider and mounted his seat. Watching as the warriors finished piling the altered monkeigh onto the raiders. He was pleased how this came out. Then on the horizon he saw a poof of smoke. With his sharp eyes he made out the image of a group of black clad altered monkeigh on bikes coming their way. He looked at his warriors, "Lets make a retreat. We cannot take them on their terms." So they mounted up in the transports and entered the portal to return to the docking bay.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 am

When can we expect another addition? Or do you feel more incine to write a story about warmachine?
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Not now. I think I'm done writing for a while.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  CKO Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Why are you done? If you enjoy trollblood why not start something about them, I need a writing buddy you write something than I write something.
CKO
CKO

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:05 pm

CKO wrote:Why are you done? If you enjoy trollblood why not start something about them, I need a writing buddy you write something than I write something.

I meant done with Dark Eldar.... I'll come up with something eventually to keep my Nightlords storyline going.... Just haven't really been that motivated lately with me working 40 hrs a week then around the house now during June and July since the school system let out. Wait until I get my hands on Void Stalker by aaron demski-bowden......... I must have it..... It is the last of the series after Soul Hunter and Blood Reaver which is both Nightlords...........
Sorry my fascination with the VIII legion comes out from time to time. Much like Dorn for you.
I don't really want to mess with the trollblood fluff cause I haven't really dove into it like I did and still know 40k.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:25 pm

I just did some editing in my first couple of posts.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down