Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark eldar Assaults

3 posters

Go down

Dark eldar Assaults Empty Dark eldar Assaults

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:12 pm

I teamed up with another player last night and our plan was a melee assault and I really got to see how much more effective dark eldar assaults are than chaos space marines.

I used small 5 man groups of incubi and wyches in venom transports and they were using rhinos with khorne beserkers. I was in assault on Turn 2 and they were only getting in partially by turn 3. The end result is I got chewed up pretty bad but I held the Tau kroot/hound/double vespid hordes in melee with just a few guys while the beserkers caught up. Had I double the force, I probably would have won the initial assault.

Basically, I'm impressed by our assault forces. Now I always give my klaivex a demi-klaive.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar Assaults Empty Re: Dark eldar Assaults

Post  HereticWolf Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 pm

I have often wondered after beating DE why more people don't run them more CC orienated. A 10 man squad of wychs will have like 5 billion attack on into 6/7 I understand the 3 toughness and all but by the time you get to that you should be down to like 2/3 dudes hitting you
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:38 pm

The main reason I don't use MOST dark eldar CC, is because wyches only have 3 strength. I'm not sure on the mathhammer against meq's, but rolling 4's to hit, then 5's to wound is still tough to do, especially when the opponent can get a meq 3+ save. I don't use wyches to kill, I use wyches to tie up hq's and to haywire vehicles.

That being said, Incubi are awesome. Intiative 5, 6 on the klaivex and all have power weapons. Their meq strength means they are decent to wound others.

I'm still on the fence with wracks, they don't have fleet and their initiative is a 4, but they have furious charge. I use them alot tho.

I still can't bring myself to field an Archon or a Succubus, with that strength 3..... You can throw an agonizer on them, but its still pricey and it sucks when you start trying to waylay tau or other toughness 3 doods.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 pm

yeah meq give wyches trouble. Incubi is the MEQ killers out of our codex, but you pay the points for it though. Also though you don't have to fight fair man against them. You outnumber them and alot of times you can pull all your forces to one side of their army for a concentrated shooting and assault phase in the same turn. The enemies other units will be hardpressed to reposition unless their blood angels possibly, but still any other enemies will find it hard to keep up. Also pick your fights wisely.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Lol yeah typically I deploy a line down the center, then first and second turn go diagonal left or right with EVERYTHING. I love it! Sometimes people will spread to match and then end up having to chase after you.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Yeah I've won games with dark eldar being underestimated for their speed by doing what you did. Also I've played games where I made a first huge push on turn 1 across the whole enemy lines. Both overwhelm and throw off your enemies plans.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:52 pm

I've also had some really good luck with that overpriced Drazhar guy. He... is a baddass, expensive... but awesome.
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Yeah I never really ran him in a match yet. I have the model though.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  AllmightyDM Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:51 pm

That reminds me, I've been trying to work Ashdrubael Vect into a list. Can you stick him in a regular Raider or do you have to buy the Dias of Destruction. Say for instance I take 9 wyches, get a raider, and stick Ash in there, can you do that?
AllmightyDM
AllmightyDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:00 pm

I run him in a regular raider... I do... the only time you have to buy the diaz is if you want to. I would do that in apoc games, but not any other cause the diaz is good armor, but sucks if it moves 12 can only shoot 1 lance out of the 3....
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down