Gulf Coast Wargaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 17th Little Wars

+3
gearsfreak
Man-of-War
HereticWolf
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

March 17th Little Wars Empty March 17th Little Wars

Post  HereticWolf Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 am

Hey all,
I'm wanting to go to little wars on the 17th for their 2k tourney anyone else want to go I have room for three more all I ask is to chip in on gas Smile or if someone else wants to drive ill throw in on gas
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

March 17th Little Wars Empty Re: March 17th Little Wars

Post  Man-of-War Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 am

I can drive there. My vehicle is probably cheaper on gas than most other peoples. Only got an 8 gallon tank. Plus I'll need practice before the march madness tournament.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

Well so far it's just me and Stuart Ill let you know once we get closer and find out who all is going
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gearsfreak Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am

i might go any details
gearsfreak
gearsfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am

It's usually a one day trip. They are a great bunch of guys to play against.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Day trip as in stay the night or back in a day? where abouts is Little Wars anyway?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Day trip and it's in baton rouge
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Well I can't go there. If I do go and not bring my wife there will be an upset person at my house and that won't be me. lol. Her dad lives in Eunice.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 am

No big man maybe next time
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  AArdvark085 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 pm

So did anyone go? Did you get any pics? How was it!!!?
AArdvark085
AArdvark085
Admin

http://www.19thlegion.com/Blog/

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Me and heretic went, and it was not good. First off the judge didn't know anything about warhammer, and told us he really couldn't TO. Imperial Armor books were allowed, without any notice being posted on the website. It was a lot different than the last time we went, and I probably will not be going back. Heretic came in 6 and I came in 7 out of 8. I believe this event could have been prepared aa lot better, and more information passed. It's irritating to drive over two hours and use a day of leave to find out an organizer allows Imperial army books to be used, there is no TO/judge and paint scores don't matter. I would like to have had those two nights I stayed up till 2am painting for this tourny back now that I know it was a complete waste.

I cannot however gripe about the players. They were friendly, fair, and honest. Kelmar was there and seemed to do pretty well with his Ultramarines.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 am

Can you expand on what you mean by imperial armour book stuff. Like did they field titans, characters for marines, etc? If you knew about them letting that happen would you have went anyway?
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:53 pm

They allowed imperial armor army lists like corsairs, which are significantly over balanced for a normal 40k tourny. If I had know I could bring an imperial army list I would have used a few of the ones available to me. I'm mainly upset at the lack of information. Their website is broken and the links go no where.

Had I known what to expect I would have gone, but I wouldn't have blown off my GF to work on my painting. As far as I'm concerned I wasted a lot of money and time to go to a tourny where a select few players get a handicap

If I'm going to drive over two hours, I'm going to FL where the club is a lot more organized.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  Man-of-War Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 pm

I meant no offense man. I would have been upset if I had came with ya'll I believe as well if that happened.
Man-of-War
Man-of-War

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:51 pm

No offense taken, I just wanted to bring this to the clubs attention so whoever goes next time will know what to expect.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  The Emperor Waffle Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 am

Did you try calling the store to get details before you went?

The Emperor Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 am

No, I made the assumption that it would be like the last time I was there, and like all the tournys I've been going to for the last 8 years. I won't make that mistake again. Hopefully this thread serves as a warning to anyone before they waste time and money like I did.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:17 am

Hey guys,

It was great to play with the two of you on Saturday. Heretic was a riot to play with and the game was very fun. Didn’t get to play against the Capn though. As far as the criticism go, you are 100% correct. I don’t care for the tourney was run this Saturday at all. As soon as I knew the store owner would be running it, I just hung my head. That guy almost has a personal beef against anyone who doesn’t play WarmaHordes, Bloodbowl or MarvelVsCapcom. As you can tell from his slap happy comments and snarky requests of is the noise necessary, he really should think about a career in something else.

The site is broke, the forums give no information and pretty much dead on arrival. Painting has never been scored since I started playing in the tournaments June 2011. The other TO, who has been hit or miss showing up, did say something about allowing Forgeworld but I hadn’t heard Imperial Armour was a go. That said, the guy playing the Imperial Armour wouldn’t have done so if he wasn’t given permission by someone so I wouldn’t fault him.

Long story short, that was the worst excuse for a tourney I’ve been to at LW.

The upside is, the forum is supposed to be fixed soon. We will have a new TO (read: new to the tourney but not the game) next time. He said the following but there should be more of an update on the forums this week. If I don’t get that update soon, I will more than likely make plans to come play at Jaks in April, Life permitting.

The next tourney will be an escalation tourney at 1500, 2000 and 2500 points for games 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Army composition as well as painting will be scored this time.

Now, I haven’t been in a tourney run by this guy so am not sure how it will go but if he seems to be on point with the information about it then I will give it a shot and let you guys know how it went.
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks for the info and that game was a hell of a brawl! As far as the tourney went I was mostly disappointed by the unfair rules (IA) and the TO that not only didn't know the rules but he also could give a fuck about the tourney. I mean he wasn't even there to open the shop on time. The first game I played was against the corsair list which was just unbalanced. IA should not be mixed with traditional 40k and now I know why. Game 2 was against Deamons which was alot of fun! I learned alot about the army and got lucky because if my opponent would have read the game objectives better I might not have pulled off my only win. Game 3 was the game of the day . Blood angels vs ultra"can't hit the broadside of a barn"marines it would have been a complete blow but kelmar needed to fire his dice and buy new ones! First turn he had like 50 shots and maybe 3 did anything but by turn 3 I could see my objectives were going to be hard to accomplish. It ended up a hell of a fight but I lost in the end. All in all it wasn't a complete loss for me and I'd go back for another one so long as the rules are clear and fair
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm

In defense of my dice, they either hit, pinned and rolled 1,2s or didn't hit on the non rerollables lol.

Also, it was about karma time as I wrecked the mechdar list with 3 out of 7 vehicles blown up turn 1 after seizing on him.

AND, you seized on them! Threw them off their game affraid

Awesome game and can't wait for a rematch.
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 am

Re-match you say? more like the compleye obliteration of your fire breathing smurfs or something epic like that.
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 am

Not likely you glittery space vampire who really only wants feathered wings and throws fits about it... :p

kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  kelmar40k Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

Here's an update for Little Wars' upcoming tourney.

40k tourney rules for 4/21/12

April's tourney will be a different format than what you are used to, here are the specifics:

1. Forge World rules and models are allowed, rules must be current edition rules (book 1 is not allowed as it is completely out of date) and you MUST have the appropriate rule book in possession along with any relevant FAQs. No models with the flyer, mass point, or structure point rules will be allowed. If you want to know if something is allowed, ask ahead of time.

2.This will be a De-escalation Tourney so the first game will be 2500 points, the second game will be 2000 points, and the third game will be 1500 points. Each list must contain units selected from the same codex, but the 3 lists can be completely different.

3.No hand-written lists will be allowed, Army Builder, Excel, and Word lists only (fully detailed units…. no abbreviation other than stat line, list weapon options taken, etc…) and must have a copy of any relevant FAQs they intend on using. Players are encouraged to name characters (HQ choices, squad upgrade characters, etc…) as this will lead to easier MVP decision.

4.Each table will have a copy of the scenario rules, and each scenario will have a list of objectives. After each game the players will tally up their objective points and determine a winner (or tie), players who have lost all of their HQ choices {by this it is meant the whole selection, not just the character (if character is purchased with a command squad, upgrade characters, etc… all need to be removed to count as being lost)} excluding vehicles may only claim primary objectives as communication has broken down reducing flexibility.

5.Kill points will continue to be used in some scenarios, however they will not be counted unless every model purchased in the choice is removed (ie: a marine squad with rhino… no kill points are awarded until both the squad and the unit are removed).

6.Composition will not be graded for this tourney.

7.Painting: All players are encouraged to have their armies painted, however this is not required… yet. A best painted model will be judged during the lunch break, this model must be one being used the day of the tourney, not necessarily in the first game.

8.WYSIWYG is enforced, models need not be painted at this time, but must be fully assembled and armed as modeled. Also models must be on an appropriately size base, if yours didn't come with a base or you are unsure, ask what size base is REQUIRED.

9.There shall be no proxy modeling using non-GW models, converted models are just fine provided they are the appropriate size and WYSIWYG.

10. Tourney Organizer's decision is final.
kelmar40k
kelmar40k

Back to top Go down

Post  thecapn226 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:30 am

This is what a pre tourny info sheet should look like. Well done.
thecapn226
thecapn226

Back to top Go down

Post  HereticWolf Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Man it's too bad I'll be in Illinois that weekend. I will have my revenge kelmar! Beware I might bring a barn to protect my guys lol so long as I face the broadside to your guys I'll win!
HereticWolf
HereticWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next